Discovery Gaming Community
Admin Notice: F1 Timer set back to 60 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Admin Notice: F1 Timer set back to 60 (/showthread.php?tid=9492)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Admin Notice: F1 Timer set back to 60 - Ascendancy - 06-18-2008

I'm all for this rule, I just hate it when my computer decides to randomly restart on me when I'm out in space, leaving my ship vulnerable. But as long as it keeps people within the rules, good stuff.

Admin Notice: F1 Timer set back to 60 - Reverend Del - 06-18-2008

The Xenos and the Rogues thank you for this, as it means that folks tryong to avoid us are going to gtting pinged good. There is no escape now (unless you actually manage to escape.)

Admin Notice: F1 Timer set back to 60 - Boss - 06-19-2008

Oh, man. Shadow is SOOOO happy now. Thanks Korrd!

Admin Notice: F1 Timer set back to 60 - chovynz - 06-19-2008

Quote:The Xenos and the Rogues thank you for this, as it means that folks tryong to avoid us are going to gtting pinged good. There is no escape now (unless you actually manage to escape.)
Or are so good in your RP we let you go laughing on the floor.

Admin Notice: F1 Timer set back to 60 - Zapp - 06-19-2008

The LPI enforces "Da Law" o' Chuck Norris, so a solid ten minutes later we'll come huffing and puffing in, then arrest you AND you whipped computer. Then we'll rig the trial and have you lynched/hung/burnt at the stake. Have a nice day:)

Admin Notice: F1 Timer set back to 60 - CCI45-px/Probe149 - 06-23-2008

' Wrote:- Before the 59 seconds are over, Chuck Norris will come to your house and roundkick your PC for trying to F1 away.

That's gonna be in my Sig Korrd:)

Admin Notice: F1 Timer set back to 60 - Screenlag - 06-23-2008

Question: Can I log in while my ship is still floating in space? Because flying the Preafect cruiser often makes me stuck to bases, and I can nearly 100% assure you that I do not need to wait a minute before reconnect.

....though, one time, It said that my account was being used for about 10 minutes, then I decided to read a book

Admin Notice: F1 Timer set back to 60 - Internity - 06-23-2008

' Wrote:Question: Can I log in while my ship is still floating in space? Because flying the Preafect cruiser often makes me stuck to bases, and I can nearly 100% assure you that I do not need to wait a minute before reconnect.

....though, one time, It said that my account was being used for about 10 minutes, then I decided to read a book

I`ve had same problem once and wasn't only 10 mins for me I couldn't join the server for about 16or 17mins. I don't like this program. Has a lot of buggs 100%.

Admin Notice: F1 Timer set back to 60 - Colonel Z.e.r.o. - 06-23-2008

' Wrote:The F1 timer has been set at 60 seconds, again. It was disabled because of a bug on the flhook, that caused the server to crash. But, the new hook version had that bug corrected, so, here comes the timer again;)

That means that if you hit F1, close the program, cut the internet wire, even if god intervenes to get you out of a fight or whatever, the ship will still remain floating in the server for one minute more. For traders, that means that a pirate has plenty of time to kill you like three times before your ship vanishes in space, even if you have all the Uber armour upgrades with super duper shields, and the like. So, be advised.

I expect this measure to stop the usage of F1, as is now no longer useful to avoid you of being blown to bits during a fight / pirating / etc.
This makes it interesting because now we can swap accounts and take screen shots of ourselves. [Image: 768.gif]

Admin Notice: F1 Timer set back to 60 - mwerte - 06-23-2008

Taken screenshot of myself, blown myself up...I've done that.