Discovery Gaming Community
New character idea - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: New character idea (/showthread.php?tid=9535)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

New character idea - Capt. Henry Morgan - 06-19-2008

No, I wouldn't fire on traders. The whole point is to get that pretender Carina off my throne, not terrorize my subjects. My intention with this is to create at least 3 characters of my own. The Sovereign, one fighter, and one bomber. I do not expect the admins to hand out multiple ID's. That gets especially problematic should other people like the idea enough to do it, too.

New character idea - bluntpencil2001 - 06-19-2008

' Wrote:No, I wouldn't fire on traders. The whole point is to get that pretender Carina off my throne, not terrorize my subjects. My intention with this is to create at least 3 characters of my own. The Sovereign, one fighter, and one bomber. I do not expect the admins to hand out multiple ID's. That gets especially problematic should other people like the idea enough to do it, too.

You can always ask.

I just had a thought. How about a Terrorist ID for the Sovereign, and generic Military ID's for the rank and file, since they won't be using anything bigger than a Gunboat anyway.

New character idea - bluntpencil2001 - 06-19-2008

If you use terrorist on one, use it on them all to save confusion.

I'm not really a big fan of the idea of handing out multiple Terrorist ID's. I know the Admins keep a tight leash on those.

New character idea - Stoat - 06-19-2008

Yup, I was thinking along the same lines, then came to Blunt's conclusion (use it one one, use it on all). It'll get messy if you don't have the same IDs. I lean more to you using the BAF ID. You aren't really a terrorist, and if you get followers I doubt the admins will be too thrilled at handing out Terrorist IDs to them all.

New character idea - me_b_kevin - 06-19-2008

i think the Terrorist ID is a bit overkill, and who's to say you'll get one, with the adsence of all admins except one the chances would seem slim.

best thing to do in my mind is to make do with attainable things. Sure the BAF ID is associated with Carina but the point is he's trying over throw her.

maybe BAF ID for the main guy and military for the rest. you want to be labeled as true bretonians right?

yeah Doom has a Terrorist ID for Prospector so he could have his capship and along those lines i agree that it'd work for you also, but like i say it may be hard to acquire with the current admin situation. i wouldn't give the whole faction terrorist ID's though.

so that's why i say it'd be easier to find something you can get and make do with that. Gaian ID or Molly ID with a BAF tag will look wierd to the uneducated eye.

that's why i say BAF ID

EDIT: let your faction tag (i.e. [KGO] "King Georges Own") show who you are.

New character idea - Zapp - 06-19-2008

And Dreygon has a point. For my ghost (for which I want a Terrorist ID) I stick with the generic Pirate ID, since the Terrorist ID is - right now - unattainable. You can apply for one, but you should have something else to make do and not stake all your hopes on one.

New character idea - hypozonic - 06-19-2008

maybe a new ID called Rebel ID, or even Traitor ID... Ok, maybe Traitor ID is a bit... OTT, but it would be kind of true, maybe named Judas ID...

Would involve alot of negotiating with admins though, just to be able to get them to make one especially for you and your 'followers', would more than likely be a task in it's self.

I wouldn't even consider asking for my own ID unless this thing took off big time. I'm not holding my breath on that one. Besides, i've seen the screaming that happens anytime the idea of a Machine ID comes up... no, I'm not asking for a new id.