Discovery Gaming Community
India - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: India (/showthread.php?tid=9693)

Pages: 1 2 3

India - pragun - 06-23-2008

' Wrote:Nobody is anti-indian, I suggest you re-read things. Everyone is trying to help you.

Now my suggestion, is you make a RP story on it if you realy want. Maybe have a small group show up in their own ship. (Smaller then a sleeper ship, maybe a small cruiser) From there you can work on the RP they might have after showing up so late.. etc...

In that case, i must have misunderstood... my apologies...

I have an RP story, in a very raw form... check it out please, on the previous page..

I would sppreciate if u comment on it too

India - chovynz - 06-23-2008

Indian Pirate (stereotyped),: Ohgoodgollygosh! You would be giving me 2 mil or you would die yes? Thankyoupleasecomeagain!

Its an interesting point you raise XO.

India - Xing - 06-23-2008

rofl, Freelancer is all about stereotype. Even though some are quite true.
For instance, Liberty is portrayed as the ultimate private corporation empire (even their police force is a private enterprise).

India? Yes it's a lot of people. So is Russia, China. Their military and economy are extremely powerful, even now. Their history and culture, rich and developped. The administrator is a russian, and so are a bunch of guys here. We are a few chinese on server too. The history of the coalition surviving and establishing here can easily be made. Yet, russian, chinese, vietnamese, and you name the nations from the east, are all under the banner of the Coalition, not separated single nation. I dont think anyone complains about that much. We dont even have our own system (yet).

The original story of Freelancer explains 4 sleeper ship, the 4 wealthiest and most powerful nations of Sirius that escaped the coalition. The fact the french were left over behind isn't exactly true: if you look at the rheinlander NPCs, some of them are indeed french name.
It is arguable of course, but most probably the indian became a minority and left aboard one of the alliance ship. As blunt said, Bretonia sounds like a good choice, especially if we follow the stereotype style Freelancer; let's remember bretonia looks much like the victorian era british empire as well, sounds very fitting.

Anyway, merely suggestions and some facts. I seriously doubt for instance you'd get your own house for India though.

India - Friday - 06-24-2008

I should think that the reason you dont see such great nations in the storyline is that there was no market considered for the product there, or just pure geo-political ignorance on the part of the writers.

Whilst I like the game, the backstory and geo-political origins of the settlers is pretty outdated - just my opinion.

India - Praetyre - 06-24-2008

I think that there is a place for India among the SCRA. The small amount of saboteurs might have had Indians among them, and it's likely India joined the Coalition, given it's poor economy, anti imperialist history and, of course, Indira Gandhi. Not a bad market (if you'll excuse the irony) for communism.

They'd probably eventually have to give up their religion, though, given communism's atheism.

India - beander2 - 06-24-2008

' Wrote:I should think that the reason you dont see such great nations in the storyline is that there was no market considered for the product there, or just pure geo-political ignorance on the part of the writers.

Whilst I like the game, the backstory and geo-political origins of the settlers is pretty outdated - just my opinion.

Exactly - I think both of the factors you mention are right on.

' Wrote:I think that there is a place for India among the SCRA. The small amount of saboteurs might have had Indians among them, and it's likely India joined the Coalition, given it's poor economy, anti imperialist history and, of course, Indira Gandhi. Not a bad market (if you'll excuse the irony) for communism.

They'd probably eventually have to give up their religion, though, given communism's atheism.

Except...with all these variables at play in the twentieth century, India isn't communist today, and no culture under communism gave up its religion, certainly not one as ancient as India's (I think this over-rates communism as a phenomenon). Why would we think they'd do these things in the future?

India - spec - 06-24-2008

' Wrote:Indian Pirate (stereotyped),: Ohgoodgollygosh! You would be giving me 2 mil or you would die yes? Thankyoupleasecomeagain!

Its an interesting point you raise XO.

Hmm, that would be stereotyped the Simpson's way:)... or something from British based Indians...
they use Golly and gosh a lot.

If you would like to stereotype a proper India pirate, it would go something like this...
"Hey you, take out the stuff, hand it over, else I'll cut you up....understand... "

It's a very coarse translation of the actual wordings in the local language.... but it's typically used...
and the Simpson's don't know about it yet:)

India - chovynz - 06-24-2008

' Wrote:Hmm, that would be stereotyped the Simpson's way:)... or something from British based Indians...
they use Golly and gosh a lot.

If you would like to stereotype a proper India pirate, it would go something like this...
"Hey you, take out the stuff, hand it over, else I'll cut you up....understand... "
It's a very coarse translation of the actual wordings in the local language.... but it's typically used...
and the Simpson's don't know about it yet:)

How about from my local (True) Indian general store? They talk like that here. :P
Besides...it was stereotyped, I just didn't say where from :D

India - spec - 06-24-2008

' Wrote:How about from my local (True) Indian general store? They talk like that here. :P
Besides...it was stereotyped, I just didn't say where from :D

Hmm, you do have some funny Indians there....

Like we say in Oz - More Curries, no Worries mate..... enjoy
(though that's got more of a Sri-Lankan tinge on it).