Discovery Gaming Community
Visitable planets - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Visitable planets (/showthread.php?tid=97359)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Visitable planets - KaiserDietz - 02-02-2014

(02-02-2014, 01:29 PM)Omega472 Wrote:
(02-02-2014, 01:18 PM)Durandal Wrote: Nope it's quite easy. It also looks terrible from a quality standpoint and adds absolutely nothing of value to the mod.

I'm wondering if people said the same about the addition to Gallia when it came about. Or anything new and controversial.

For the record, Gallia looks awesome and it's a wonder why no one ever plays there. Other than the fact that the number of systems is ridiculous.

Quote:If you wish to be a critic you should at least be a bit more productive than just saying this idea is pointless and looks bad. Do you think no one would like having RP encounters in low orbit?

They do look just plain bad in the Freelancer engine, but will add some good to people who want to play around as aerial pilots.

RE: Visitable planets - Omega472 - 02-02-2014

(02-02-2014, 03:46 PM)KaiserDietz Wrote:
(02-02-2014, 01:29 PM)Omega472 Wrote:
(02-02-2014, 01:18 PM)Durandal Wrote: Nope it's quite easy. It also looks terrible from a quality standpoint and adds absolutely nothing of value to the mod.

I'm wondering if people said the same about the addition to Gallia when it came about. Or anything new and controversial.

For the record, Gallia looks awesome and it's a wonder why no one ever plays there. Other than the fact that the number of systems is ridiculous.

Quote:If you wish to be a critic you should at least be a bit more productive than just saying this idea is pointless and looks bad. Do you think no one would like having RP encounters in low orbit?

They do look just plain bad in the Freelancer engine, but will add some good to people who want to play around as aerial pilots.
I have actually never been to Gallia. Not that I have any tiff with it personally, I simply remember it as being controversial.

And yeah, that was what I was thinking was how terrible the land would be. But eh, whatever floats your boat man. And at least something (and at least trying to re-purpose dead systems rather than letting them rot) is better than nothing

RE: Visitable planets - Coin - 02-03-2014

Dead systems need deletion, not repurposing. Flying around on planets would create further dilution of players/system, and interactions would decrease.

RE: Visitable planets - Omega472 - 02-03-2014

I'd rather let the children play on the playground than put them in a box, thanks.

RE: Visitable planets - SkyNet - 02-04-2014

Quote:a bit of a gravedig, but i think that would be a great addition to say Leeds, where i'm sure lots of aerial combat still takes place.

Oha! Battles on planet Leeds... that sounds awesome!

RE: Visitable planets - KaiserDietz - 02-05-2014

Battles on Planet Leeds or maybe have alternate entrances to Planet Manhattan for smugglers would be optimal

RE: Visitable planets - Enkidu - 02-05-2014

(02-04-2014, 11:28 AM)SkyNet Wrote:
Quote:a bit of a gravedig, but i think that would be a great addition to say Leeds, where i'm sure lots of aerial combat still takes place.

Oha! Battles on planet Leeds... that sounds awesome!

Valor spams stuck command between a 'scraper…

It would be very, very hard to implement - unless we have an ex-crossfire dev somewhere.

RE: Visitable planets - roadrunner - 02-05-2014

I wounder if this was actually done, how much worse the lag could be.

In simple. dont add more lagg than is really needed