Discovery Gaming Community
Brotherhood Feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Edge Worlds (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Forum: [TBH] (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+----- Thread: Brotherhood Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=10942)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: Brotherhood Feedback - Swifty - 12-28-2022

We are discussing Corsairs right now, not GMG, which is totally different by the way,

RE: Brotherhood Feedback - The Brotherhood - 12-28-2022

@Implosion

please close the thread for few hours. We don't want the thread becoming a debate about corsairs empire.

RE: Brotherhood Feedback - TheSauron - 12-28-2022

(12-28-2022, 10:58 PM)Swifty Wrote: sorry but when did Corsairs become a house of their own that they have their own set of laws to uphold?

[Image: smnBpf4.png]

RE: Brotherhood Feedback - Sally - 12-28-2022

(12-28-2022, 10:43 PM)The Brotherhood Wrote: first: I would like to point out its the whole corsairs empire laws, not only the TBH laws.
I don't see anyone else caring at all about these laws, neither indies nor officials other than TBH, and the laws were written by TBH many years back, same still applies.
The Brotherhood Wrote:second: 13) Transport of excess people (any type of passengers) make it really obvious and your argument non relevant.
The law doesn't inherently forbid all kinds of passengers and nowhere is defined exactly what is considered "excess people", if you care so much to enforce these laws at least write them properly and keep them up to date.

The Brotherhood Wrote:third: it's like smuggling artifacts to liberty. It's illegal.
Once again, only enforced by TBH, letting aside the whole absurdity of a pirate faction having such things as "laws" which i always thought was plain absurdity, and this whole is just an example of why.
The Brotherhood Wrote:Forth: Having your buddy calling us %$/hole in game isn't polite either. So basically you and your buddy did look for problems.
[28.12.2022 20:20:54] Gato.Negro[TBH]: Alberto: Ok then, dada these too are to be killed on sight from now on and i ill contact all TBH about it
[28.12.2022 20:21:08] Novalis.Lance: Try it asshole.

No, you and your indie buddy were looking for trouble (or easy money, which didn't come out as you expected i can bet), calling you a**hole i would say it's the usual reaction from someone when you're threatening to kill them on sight just for explaining the situation.

The Brotherhood Wrote:So you are simply in the wrong and will stop to argue here since you obviously can't read nor understand RP laws.
Laws that you can't even be arsed to keep up to date or (conveniently) verify whether they make sense or aren't too ambiguous.

RE: Brotherhood Feedback - Czechmate - 12-28-2022

laws are not a TBH thing. If DTR don't care about them it ain't TBH fault :] They totally can however

RE: Brotherhood Feedback - St.Denis - 12-28-2022

I will just add a couple of things here, hopefully to defuse the situation a little bit.

Quote:The Brotherhood is one of the three old major Corsair forces. Originally the group's influence was more focused on battlefields, thus they were often referred to as "The shield and the sword of the Empire", however, with the downfall of the two other major Corsair groups, Black Sails and the Benitez Family, The Brotherhood took over many of their duties.

This Independent Unlawful official faction ID is used by members of the Brotherhood, who:
- Can attack any ship carrying Blood Diamonds or Cardamine, including cardamine infused commodities.

Within Zone of Influence (Bretonia, Kusari, Omegas, Omicrons, Rheinland, Sigmas, Dublin):
- Can attack Combat Ships.
- Can engage in piracy.

Notice that the ID doesn't have the all important line of:
Quote:- Can enforce laws within *******

So they can't 'enforce' the RP 'Laws' per se.

But they do have the all important line of:
Quote:Within Zone of Influence - Can engage in piracy.

So they can demand the VIPs under the guise of 'enforcing' Laws, whilst in fact, they were pirating you.

RE: Brotherhood Feedback - Czechmate - 12-28-2022

That's why nobody cares really - laws are just a self-imposed non-binding restriction on the piracy line

RE: Brotherhood Feedback - Corile - 12-29-2022

(12-28-2022, 11:12 PM)Sally Wrote: I don't see anyone else caring at all about these laws, neither indies nor officials other than TBH, and the laws were written by TBH many years back, same still applies.

While I wasn't really involved in the situation I would like to point out that Custodi while official endeavoured to rewrite the Corsair laws in cooperation with the TBH and even though we didn't end up making much progress (because it turned out to be a pretty big effort actually), that stuff is still relevant iRP for characters intended to represent the governing body of a place. If other official factions don't care about the laws of the place they themselves represent, that doesn't really reflect very well on those factions.

(12-28-2022, 10:58 PM)Swifty Wrote: when did Corsairs become a house of their own that they have their own set of laws to uphold?

When you have a society of 600 million people, it makes sense to have a semblance of order in there. It's really not controversial, especially since Hispania factions are treated as mini houses.

RE: Brotherhood Feedback - Swifty - 12-29-2022

Alright, so it's safe to assume it is one of those "Discovery Logic" moments that we should all just ignore and act like it's not there. Got it. Thank you for your time, i guess.

RE: Brotherhood Feedback - Darkstar_Spectre - 01-21-2023

Well, if I'm being honest I really thought I would have ended up doing something better with my morning until I saw this. Now while I could tackle the mess of why Corsairs are even entertaining the idea of being friends with Kusari, I will instead gloss over this point and leave that for someone else to try and unf*ck.

What I do want to address however, is the fact that I think you guys have forgotten one key thing here whilst you've been trying to handle this mess, that being this little gem.

The Rules Wrote:Faction Right 1. Official player factions have authority over players of the same NPC affiliation, as long as RP justification is provided. This authority applies in forums and in-game, and applies to player faction diplomacy, and strategic and tactical direction, however, exercise of that authority, on the forums and in game, is restricted to official faction members with the rank of the official faction leader and second in command(s) of the faction. The authority may be exercised through the use of in-game in-RP orders, which, if not obeyed, can result in in-game in-RP consequences (arrest, court martial, and even "lethal" force in extreme circumstances). Official player factions cannot, under any cicrumstances, require another player to follow non-canon RP if that player doesn't want to. In case of IDs with multiple official factions, this right can only be used if the faction leader of each make a unified decision to exercise it.

So now that I've reminded you of this, can I ask why on earth you people are trying to do even more damage to the Corsair player base than you already have in the last I don't know how many years of Nutella sh*tposting?

Oh and if you even say "muh corsair law" show me the ID line you have for firstly, enforcing said laws and secondly, a single piece of canon lore that states Kusari (The House and it's military.) is an ally of the Corsairs.

Thank you for your time.

Also if I do need to copy and paste this question into the DTR feedback thread as well, please let me know.