Discovery Gaming Community
Trade Development Blog - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+--- Thread: Trade Development Blog (/showthread.php?tid=88081)

RE: Trade Development Blog - The Savage - 04-08-2016

Revision of OP made by me:

Proposal:
We need a complete rework for every Passenger/Marine/Royal Marine/Refugee/etc. commodities which logically should fit freighter and transport Giving these commodities. 4x price and 4x taken cargo space would solve it.

Why:
There is actual difference between 10 people and 10 cubics of e.g. Kyushu rice; the former taking way more place than the latter. The change is caused by the fact there is no way freighter would take over half thousand people on-board. The problem is most possibily caused by Vanillia commodities, in which only two freighters had more than 175 cargo hold - being considerably bigger.

Notes:
It would still be as profitable as shipping items in their current form - just removing the bothersome quantity/ship size incosistence of passanger commodity from Discovery.

Affected commodities:
- Marines
- Royal Marines
- Passengers
- Refugees
- Fugitives
- Casualities
- VIP
- Pilots
- the ones I might have forgotten

Idea denied by community.

RE: Trade Development Blog - Croft - 04-08-2016

That still leaves our largest liner with a grand total of 1000 passengers and a whopping 260 (assuming everything is halfed) VIP's which is hardly an improvement. If you up the size of the cargo the liners are left underwhelmed, if you shrink freighters you'll just push them even further into uselessness.

4000 divided by 4 gives 1000 passengers on-board. How the hell you made 500 out of it?

Edit:
The problem is mainly caused by freighters, because there's no way that freighter would take more than 100-200 people - all in comparison to the pilot's model.

Original Humpback could take up to 250 commodities, but then it was a pretty bulky and rather big freigher.

RE: Trade Development Blog - nOmnomnOm - 04-08-2016

So tell me, Toris, what do you plan to do with all that extra space in liners now that there are 1000 guests and not 4000?
10 swimming pools? : One on each level?
2 suites per person?
Oh how about 3 night clubs on one ship.

Yeah.... look. An investor cares about how many suites he can jam into the design and not so much about comfort. The designer cares about the opposite.
The designer however works for the investor.

Again, no investor would want to have just 1000 passengers. More passengers = more money for them.

4000 on a luxury liner is 100% possible.

(04-08-2016, 06:21 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: (SNIP)

The problem is caused by freighters in here. For example, Rhino is not able to take more than 80 people at best. It's too small. Way too small to fit even 200 people.

Humpback could take up to 250 people, but as I wrote already: original model was quite big and bulky.

RE: Trade Development Blog - Croft - 04-08-2016

I wouldn't go by what you see as a solid basis for scale, Freelancer has taken gratuitous license with the size of things.

RE: Trade Development Blog - SnakThree - 04-08-2016

What if we just ignore the logical errors that cannot be fixed without remaking whole game?

RE: Trade Development Blog - Kdawg1990 - 04-08-2016

All this idea will do is shift the problem from the smaller craft seeming (unrealistically cramped) to the larger vessels looking stupidly spacious it solves nothing.

Also in RP terms why would you transport people in a Rhino or any other cargo vessel for that matter. The issue with numbers of people vs size of model might only really be an issue for the Democritus and the Pelican, two might i add rarely seen vessels. Liners are there to do that job and its currently realistic the number of people they can carry.

Another RP point, if you increased the unit per passenger its basically saying we have increased your ticket price by making your room the size of a tennis court, great for the super rich (hence VIPs currently have larger rooms) not great for the average passenger.

I would suggest simple 1 unit for passengers, 2 units for vacationers and 4 - 5 for VIPs

Idea has been denied by community. There's nothing more to be discussed about.

RE: Trade Development Blog - Karst - 04-09-2016

At some point while I was gone, my request to have Ship Hull Panels returned as an item manufactured at Dortmund was implemented.

I just wanted to say I'm super thankful for that because I see it as a big part of our roleplay, kudos!