Discovery Gaming Community
Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Forum: Watering Holes (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=149)
+---- Thread: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" (/showthread.php?tid=99185)

RE: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - JaaY - 01-11-2014

"Hehe." His smirk extended to a wide grin and then he replied, "I'm not here to accuse you of anything. I'm certain you had your reasons. I'm just glad to see you alive, that's about it."

Sean made a little break whilst eyeing the girl next to Susan. Then he said,
"Hey there, I'm Sean. What's your name?", and narrowed his eyes.

RE: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - Remnant - 01-11-2014

Susan sits back once more completely, breathing out. "It's been a challenge.." Turning to the younger girl seeing Sean asked her a question.

The child looks back at Susan for a moment, before back to Sean. "Um.. Hello! My name is Ivy." Bowing her head slightly for a moment, before looking back up at the new man. "Ta-.. " Looking up at Susan for a second, who merely sighs.

"Alright, alright.." Turning her attention to Sean. "Tara Snow. Not Susan McCarthy.."

Ivy looks a bit happier at this. "Tara says that i'll be staying here for a little while she goes to her work."

Sean held his breath for a moment while his jaw dropped. Then he returned to smiling at both of them.

"Hey Ivy. Nice to meet you. Look, I've got something for you.", he then said, extended his arm and presented a chocolate bar in the palm of his hand to Ivy. Upon a closer look, one could tell that they looked somewhat alike.

When he faced Tara again, he frowned and said,
"And that's your real name this time? Hm...she's got to be your sister then I suppose."

"I saw you talking to Robert some days ago. You asked him to take care of her, didn't you?"

He nodded in the girl's direction.

"Are you sure you want Robert to look after her? I mean, he's somewhat extraordinary in terms of...well, everything actually, but especially in dealing with others.", he added and his face turned more serious, "If you want us to, my wife and I could take care of her instead."

RE: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - Syf - 01-11-2014

Other than simply feeling weird after a certain day not too long ago, she simply was walking around, staring at every possible scenery so to speak. Taking a small break afterwards next to some fairly big tree, she notices Sean talking with someone else who she hasn't seen before.

"Someone who I don't know.. huh? And with a kid it seems.." Thinking quietly to herself, while trying to hear what they're saying.
"Well isn't this a surprise then.. I guess I'll ask what Robert was doing this whole time then.. Him and his blasted ideas of his own probably again.." Adding a cold remark.

"Though.. why a kid..? This feels a bit weird.."

Simply glaring at the three individuals, meanwhile trying to eavesdrop on the conversation. Not bothering to move from her own spot. Unless someone would surprise her without warning.

Although he thought of it as a triviality, he had to take on this "challenge" at this point.

Kenji Sato entered the dome and took a deep breath of the moist air. He continued to walk along the path and ended up at the bar. Feeling obviously uneasy, he took a seat on a stool and let his glance wander around the interior.

To understand why Kenji felt so uncomfortable and why he eventually left the labours, one has to know about Kenji's philosophy of life.
When he finished his degree course, he decided to devote his entire life to research ancient technology and run xeno-archeology. But at some point, he noticed that something was missing in his life.

So far he tended to avoid contact with other people and evade a social life. He locked himself in the laboratories and let work be the central point in his life, which unfortunately had the unfavourable side-effect that he was not aware on how to deal with the opposite sex.

After the first breaking into a sweat when a waitress asked him what he wanted to drink, Kenji picked up courage again and took a look around. He discovered a lone woman, probably in her early twenties, who was standing next to table some meters away from him. Kenji planned this endeavour already several weeks ago, read countless of articles on "how to speak to women" in magazines, but it took him multiple days to overcome himself and enter the bar.

Shaking from tension, he clutched his glass and poured it's content down his throat. While the latter was still aching, he drew himself up and waddled towards the young woman.

When he arrived she didn't seem to have noticed him, as she was standing with her back turned to him. He gathered all of his courage and decided to start speaking to her. Sweat seemed to pour down out of every single pore of his body.

"He-HEY!" , he croaked in an utterly gruesome and squeaky way.

Immediately shocked and embarrassed by the faux pas he just caused, he blushed and hoped to not have startled her.

RE: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - Remnant - 01-12-2014

'Tara' nods her head slightly. "To answer both of your questions, yes. She is my little sister, and yes. I have asked Robert to look after her for an undetermined time. I do have my reasons for choosing Robert of all people however. Despite how.. 'different' it could turn out, I believe to a degree it will be good for Ivy."

Ivy gives her a look that says 'do you really have to talk about me, when i'm right here?' but dosn't seem to mind too much about it. Looking up at Sean and the chocolate bar, she slowly reaches forward and takes it in her hand. "Thank you.." Saying softly, almost a bit awkwardly. Taking a bite into the chocolate.

"Although if you could keep an eye out for her.. I'd appreciate it. I won't be dying on what I need to do, however I do not know how long it will take me."

RE: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - Syf - 01-12-2014

Meanwhile trying to listen in on the conversation going on a bit away from her, she gets interrupted by sudden croaking.

"Who the F<expletive>K?!" The sudden and close sound made her boggle. Almost falling because of a loss in balance. "Frick.. does everybody have to sneak up to someone and startle them these days...?" Staring at the intruder for a while with a look that looks as if she's ready to run as far away as possible. But eventually calming down.

"Well.. who are you then? Having nearly scared me to death there, I suppose you could start by telling who the hell you are? Or might you possibly be interrelated with this whole "fraternity" Robert likes to call it?

Calmed down, and waiting for the person to answer her question. Meanwhile her other ear still trying to hear the other individuals not too far away talking.

RE: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - JaaY - 01-12-2014

"I-I'm sorry...I didn't mean to...erm...scare you, really."

He tried to clear his throat, but fell into a fit of coughing. After calming down again, he added, "I'm...my name is Kenji...Kenji Sato. You must be E-Ellie, aren't you?"

RE: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - JaaY - 01-12-2014

"Very well then, I'll be on the look out some time.", he responded and then looked at Ivy.

"Feel free to come around. I'm usually hanging around the bar. Don't hesitate to visit the dome if Robert is bothering you.", he added with a chuckle. He reached in his right pocket and revealed a hand-sized device in his hand. After tapping with his finger on the display, he turned his PDA towards Ivy to show her a picture of his wife. "You also might want to check out the med-bay for getting to know my wife, Olivia."

Sean turned to Tara again and gave her a stern look, "Now, I won't be asking what exactly you're up to, because experience showed me that you won't tell me anyways. So let me just wish you good luck. However, what I said last time...I think I have to apologize. I probably overreacted a bit. So let me revoke what I said and feel free to hang around. I'd be glad to hear from you. You're always welcome here, Tara."

He then paused and gave her a charming smile.

RE: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - Remnant - 01-12-2014

Tara takes a breath, looking down at her lap for a moment, before standing up completely. "Susan McCarthy. Samantha Grey. Rachel Winterton. I've had many names i've thrown around in the past. And i've had a good amount of reasons for doing such as well. I can't stay in the same place for too long, and thankfully I haven't gotten attached to any place yet. It's nothing personal Sean, believe me."

"Despite that.. I believe you were perhaps in the right for overreacting as such, I may not appear very.. 'logical' from your point of view. However, this is all I can do. My situation is a tight one. Although I am doing it willingly.."

As Tara says "I can't stay in the same place for too long, and thankfully I haven't gotten attached to any place yet."

Perhaps anyone standing close to Ivy such as Sean, may have caught a quiet murmur from the small girl. "Liar.."

Ivy glances up hearing a "Who the F<expletive>K?!" coming from a direction away from the few, looking strangely at the area.