Discovery Gaming Community
Discovery advertisement campaign - step 1 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Discovery advertisement campaign - step 1 (/showthread.php?tid=105467)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Discovery advertisement campaign - step 1 - ~}P{~ Legendary - 09-30-2013

As others link their Youtube accounts to make disco ads, just click on any of the ~ symbols in my signature.

These are direct links to my youtube acc.
Actually, I've got a few disco vids, with a 'low graphics (due to my horribly slow mobile internet...)

Not that terrifying, you can see ships, colours, but can't read any letters .. Big Grin

If anybody could help be with a better, and actually a Free youtube movie editor, I would be grateful.

I'm planning to do some pvp / conn / andsomethinglikethat videos, but first, I need a better video editor. I'm using fraps, I have plenty free space, I just need an editor which does not *beep* up my video resolution..

Right now I've got 140 Gb pure captured freelancer fights and glitches/funny thing, they are waiting to be uploaded Big Grin

RE: Discovery advertisement campaign - step 1 - ConsortiumCzar - 09-30-2013

Look - I really enjoy the RP. That said, the majority of gamers do not. As long as this is a strictly RP only server, it will never be very popular. Sorry to be so brutally honest.

RE: Discovery advertisement campaign - step 1 - Fluffyball - 09-30-2013

(09-30-2013, 02:20 PM)Evo Wrote: I'd like to refer to xenos. It's not racism, it's nationalism. (nerd)
[Image: dd704a5dbd0fd6b410bd4def44889e4c_view.jpg]

RE: Discovery advertisement campaign - step 1 - titanbot - 09-30-2013

If you're interested, I can put my skills and free time to bear in order to make a new advertisement video/improve the quality of a current one or adding up some existing ones.

Everything you can see on my YouTube account has been put together in 2-3 hours, with minimal editing. We could do a new "official" account, and advertise it on other players' accounts, using keywords as someone else stated before me for the best results.

My best idea so far is that we could set up a team for some in-game game play shooting and make up a beautiful trailer, background pictures and desktop wallpapers. More people on the job gets better results. I for one can help with the video and photo part.

If you're interested in what I have to offer, drop a PM or skype me. Smile

RE: Discovery advertisement campaign - step 1 - Ninefour - 09-30-2013

(09-30-2013, 03:47 PM)~}P{~ Legendary Wrote: If anybody could help be with a better, and actually a Free youtube movie editor, I would be grateful.

Why wouldn't you use a cracked one? AVS video editor is a really good choice and there are plenty of cracked versions. If you are looking for free ones, I'll have to sadden you, cause there is no good-and-free stuff. Only cheese in a mousetrap is free...

(09-30-2013, 04:39 PM)titanbot Wrote: We could do a new "official" account, and advertise it on other players' accounts, using keywords as someone else stated before me for the best results.

This. And the teaming up thing in-game too!

RE: Discovery advertisement campaign - step 1 - Tutashkhia - 09-30-2013

Making a good trial on the youtube would be helpful... also the facebook page was a good idea.

RE: Discovery advertisement campaign - step 1 - Coin - 09-30-2013

(09-30-2013, 01:34 PM)Toji-Haku Wrote:
(09-30-2013, 01:30 PM)evanz Wrote: these are good ideas, but one question i ask to the people that are going to create the vids, please NO rap or screeching heavy metal ROAR type music, try to use atmospheric tracks that make you think of space and so on

This track would be ideal for a trailer, with the similiar style of presenting the Discovery Mod like the music video is done. How about it?

After all, I found this track in one of Homeworld 2 mods (Path to Victory) and it fits space battles very well.
i'd check out holst, the planets for atmospheric spacey stuff. 
(09-30-2013, 04:31 PM)Toji-Haku Wrote:
(09-30-2013, 02:20 PM)Evo Wrote: I'd like to refer to xenos. It's not racism, it's nationalism. (nerd)
[Image: dd704a5dbd0fd6b410bd4def44889e4c_view.jpg]

what does this have to do with advertising disco?

RE: Discovery advertisement campaign - step 1 - Ninefour - 09-30-2013

(09-30-2013, 01:34 PM)Toji-Haku Wrote:
This track would be ideal for a trailer, with the similiar style of presenting the Discovery Mod like the music video is done. How about it?

I agree with this, great track for a trailer, it even makes me think of how would the video look like! After the beat drops the most intense battle moments should be put and... and... and... Smile

RE: Discovery advertisement campaign - step 1 - Omi - 09-30-2013

There are bigger problems than a lack of advertising restricting the community's intake of new players, in my opinion. The high barrier of entry, for one. The amount of credits required to "get going" (taking that point as having a decent-sized transport and, say, 30 million so you can set up just a basic fighter) is really high for a newbie.
I know of a few people who quit due to this.

RE: Discovery advertisement campaign - step 1 - Coin - 09-30-2013

(09-30-2013, 10:10 PM)Omicega Wrote: There are bigger problems than a lack of advertising restricting the community's intake of new players, in my opinion. The high barrier of entry, for one. The amount of credits required to "get going" (taking that point as having a decent-sized transport and, say, 30 million so you can set up just a basic fighter) is really high for a newbie.
I know of a few people who quit due to this.

then maybe the factions that are low on players should sponsor new players to join them