Discovery Gaming Community
Outcast "Misericorde" Light Carrier - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+---- Forum: Discovery Unofficial Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=389)
+----- Forum: Discovery Mod Content Submissions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+----- Thread: Outcast "Misericorde" Light Carrier (/showthread.php?tid=107515)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Outcast "Misericorde" Light Carrier - Texas Red - 12-05-2014

Looks fat. Looks good.

RE: Outcast "Misericorde" Light Carrier - Jack_Henderson - 12-05-2014

Looks good.
Sadly, all Carriers that are in the game are rather sub-par in combat. But for rp... and for looks - definitely a thumbs up!

RE: Outcast "Misericorde" Light Carrier - Luke. - 12-05-2014

(12-05-2014, 02:35 AM)Winter-kun Wrote: A Storta with some docking bays? Looks good, but don't have Outcasts too much caps?

We wouldn't complain if any of them were actually worth flying. The gunboat is now bad. The cruiser is now bad and the BS and Dreadnought are hardly anything to shout about. This makes a lot sense both in and out of RP for the Outcasts and to be honest, is long overdue.

RE: Outcast "Misericorde" Light Carrier - Knjaz - 12-05-2014

Outcasts and Corsairs, given the scale and nature of their operations, would need not battleships but Carriers, first of all.
Motherships, even, as a core of pirate fleet with repair facilities etc.

These 2 factions need Heavy Carrier-class ships (and i'm talking about Heavy Carriers in terms of the amount of stuff they have to carry, not in terms of their firepower - mothership, in other words) most. Bit even a Light would do, better than nothing.

So yeh, if they'd end up having "too much heavy capital ships", replace one of battleships with a carrier, would be more logical.

RE: Outcast "Misericorde" Light Carrier - Sciamach - 12-05-2014

Come to think of it... pasting the LABC's stats onto something like this may not actually be a bad idea... something like this would obviously be heavier than the storta so.. why not make it a Battlecruiser?

Something to rival the likes of the IMG BC

RE: Outcast "Misericorde" Light Carrier - Mímir - 12-05-2014

so if you are reviving 75th, are you interested in also creating a carabela squadron? it's a HF but it mounts cd + MR or Inferno and can sport 4 codename guns. I could imagine they would be a lot of fun if flown in a wing.

On topic, I'd love the carrier to be pretty bad in combat, but fast like a regular cruiser and roomy - if it could use a cloak and carry plenty of fuel, carry a lot of snubs and thrust at cruiser speed, I'll buy it even if it stinks in combat.

RE: Outcast "Misericorde" Light Carrier - 75th Mosquitos - 12-06-2014

UPDATED ORIGINAL POST

(12-05-2014, 02:58 AM)Scourgeclaw Wrote: I like the idea of a light-carrier inRP, and believe me, I love the model.

Thanks, its the culmination of 75th faction RP so far, everything on the ship is there because it was put there inrp.

(12-05-2014, 02:58 AM)Scourgeclaw Wrote:
The only issue I see is the obvious balance issue...
How does it fly compared to the Storta?
What are its gunmounts like?
How many docking mods can it fit?
All that aside, keep it up. I look forward to flying wing-to-wing with on'a these Big Grin

it is larger than a storta, and obviously much heavier, it has 2 addition engines to lessen the impact but it would still be the slowest 'cruiser' sized ship in the game.

you can see the gun mounts in the original post, I updated it a bit. A few words on that though, they are (in my opinion) much better than the storta, since the storta had almost nill underside coverage, the Misericorde being a carrier where the hangar is on the underside, needs more protection there, so 4 of the turrets on the top of the ship were moved to the underneath. that was after the front chin turret was added though. which inrp was added because the ship badly needed a heavy turret on the bottom, not so much a problem anymore but its still there regardless. It can fire 4 heavy cruiser turrets in any direction besides above and below the ship (2 up, 3 down).

It has no battleship turrets.

the docking module question is hard to answer really, since they dont differentiate between ships of various sizes (as far as ive been able to gather, might be wrong) this ship can only really properly hold light fighter sized ships, specifically scimitar class ships, (because it was specially designed to be that way in role play)

So ive said 4, because i dont think being able to hold onto 4 scimitars is something that should cause most people any amount of grief unless they are a bomber.. (It can hold 24 in rp)

(12-05-2014, 02:25 PM)Jack_Henderson Wrote: Looks good.
Sadly, all Carriers that are in the game are rather sub-par in combat. But for rp... and for looks - definitely a thumbs up!

this 'carrier' will be a little heavier on the combat side because its hangar full of scimitar wouldnt be enough to really defend it from larger foes

(12-05-2014, 07:09 PM)Knjaz Wrote: Outcasts and Corsairs, given the scale and nature of their operations, would need not battleships but Carriers, first of all.
Motherships, even, as a core of pirate fleet with repair facilities etc.

These 2 factions need Heavy Carrier-class ships (and i'm talking about Heavy Carriers in terms of the amount of stuff they have to carry, not in terms of their firepower - mothership, in other words) most. Bit even a Light would do, better than nothing.

So yeh, if they'd end up having "too much heavy capital ships", replace one of battleships with a carrier, would be more logical.

Honestly the corsairs and outcasts need light carriers not big lumbering vunlerable craft like heavy carriers, smaller carriers designed cleverly to cram as many fighters into its bay as possible, so it can still be extremely dangerous but also very mobile

(12-05-2014, 09:25 PM)Scourgeclaw Wrote:
Come to think of it... pasting the LABC's stats onto something like this may not actually be a bad idea... something like this would obviously be heavier than the storta so.. why not make it a Battlecruiser?

Something to rival the likes of the IMG BC

since we (the 75th) recieved half a storta wreck from the 101st, it was totally screwed and most of the ship was infact missing, which meant that it could be redisgned and upgraded from the start, rather than working around existing parts, (long story short, we knew the ship would need more power, so it has always had a BC core in rp)

(12-05-2014, 10:39 PM)Mímir Wrote: so if you are reviving 75th, are you interested in also creating a carabela squadron? it's a HF but it mounts cd + MR or Inferno and can sport 4 codename guns. I could imagine they would be a lot of fun if flown in a wing.

nah, not spreading myself around this time, 75th have always flown scimitar

(12-05-2014, 10:39 PM)Mímir Wrote: On topic, I'd love the carrier to be pretty bad in combat, but fast like a regular cruiser and roomy - if it could use a cloak and carry plenty of fuel, carry a lot of snubs and thrust at cruiser speed, I'll buy it even if it stinks in combat.

As far as im concerned cloaks arent canon, it was just something shiny the devs threw at the players to make POB's look like more that the servers best player stress'o'meter. also, in role play, there would be nowhere to put the cloaking device on the ship. well i suppose you could remove the battleship scanner and put it there, but.. bleh. thats a different model.

there are also no slots for jump drives or anything like that too, because imo those things are just.... tacky.

RE: Outcast "Misericorde" Light Carrier - Mímir - 12-06-2014

cruisers cant use jd's anyway.

RE: Outcast "Misericorde" Light Carrier - Hidamari - 12-06-2014

(12-06-2014, 01:31 AM)Mímir Wrote: cruisers cant use jd's anyway.

oh, well np then (y)

dont really know what the type 1 slots are for...

RE: Outcast "Misericorde" Light Carrier - Gypsie Skripto - 12-06-2014

Don't be decieved! It's the same equipment type slot than the Survey Device, and all three, cruisers, dessies and BCs can operate them, so I don't see why this model wouldn't. I'd push it even further and go for jumpability anyways though, but do not let this ship have zero equipment 1 slots.
And despite that I have never owned an OC ship (my rootts used to be in Gamma) kudos for the hard work anyways.

Edit: Why the French name? Misericordia would be better (Spanish) or yet, even better, Pietà, which is it's Italian translation. Please don't give it a French name, it's offensive Big Grin