Discovery Gaming Community
Kill without RP ? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Kill without RP ? (/showthread.php?tid=120256)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Kill without RP ? - Lythrilux - 09-07-2014

(09-07-2014, 10:57 AM)Snak3 Wrote:
(09-07-2014, 10:55 AM)Lythrilux Wrote: K'Hara =/= Indie Nomads.
K'Hara = Nomad.

My character does not give a crap if it is tagged ( ooRP tag ) or indie ( ooRP ) nomad. It wants it killed either way.
Nope, indie Nomads and K'Hara are not the same. inRP, sure they're nomads. But in terms of gameplay they're different.

(09-07-2014, 10:45 AM)LordVipex Wrote: These rights are granted to indies with the drawback that it is only allowed in a limited ZOI, the omicrons, and with limited ship choice. The nomad official player factions have higher standards to uphold, internal rules that cover roleplay requirement before engaging, in return having no ZOI or ship restrictions.

RE: Kill without RP ? - SnakThree - 09-07-2014

(09-07-2014, 10:51 AM)St.Denis Wrote: The Nomads will still have the advantage with their infinite Cloaks but if 'Space is dangerous' shouldn't it apply both ways?

Double standards obviosuly.

(09-07-2014, 10:59 AM)Lythrilux Wrote: Nope, indie Nomads and K'Hara are not the same. inRP, sure they're nomads. But in terms of gameplay they're different.

Please explain how is it different from the PoV of human?

RE: Kill without RP ? - Lythrilux - 09-07-2014

(09-07-2014, 11:01 AM)Snak3 Wrote:
(09-07-2014, 10:59 AM)Lythrilux Wrote: Nope, indie Nomads and K'Hara are not the same. inRP, sure they're nomads. But in terms of gameplay they're different.

That's not the argument here.

RE: Kill without RP ? - Occam Razor - 09-07-2014

(09-07-2014, 11:01 AM)Snak3 Wrote:

The No-RP engagement allowance is ooRP obviously, as is the rule that you have to RP before engaging, normally. K'Hara has internal rules to cover RPing before engaging, thus this problem does not apply to K'Hara.

But it is. Why must non-nomad character RP before attacking ANY nomad, while nomads are not forced to do so?

It does not matter if it is official faction or not. Nomad is a nomad to humans. Else you are saying that KHara is better than indies which is even worse attitude.

RE: Kill without RP ? - Hauler - 09-07-2014

I realy dont see a problem here. Indie nomads were created due to the inactivity of K'Hara, the whole idea was to make omicrones dangerous as posible.
Before indie nomad ID flying thrue Omicrones was peace of cake you wouldn't be able to see K'Hara anywhere there but mostly in the house space sistems role playing and pew pew people were their chances for interaction are much bigger.
So omicrones becomed more safer for flying than house space sistem cause you wouldn't see any any nomads around except when they fly towards some of the houses and before they mostly used Alaska to slip thrue.
And there is no pirates in omicrones at all we all know pirates are concentrated near big trafick centers.
So basicaly there was no danger at all except for few nomad npc's around, player was able to press F2 and than go drink a cofee and have a breakfast until his ship reaches it's destination.
Now with the Nomad ID when player enters omicrones and when he fly there afther few encounters with indie nomads his sence of security there will be so low and the real feeling of the Omicrones comes up.
Uncloaking and opening fire on the human players brings that role play nomad/human hate at the top it brings Omicrones to it's real state of danger as they should be.

And about RP or no RP atacks, well not every people were able to get in K'hara not every people have the same RP abilities especialy in english wich is for many people on the server non native language. And it's twice as hard to speak nomadish in non native language than on your own.
Plus you need to do it fast since you are nomad everything is hostile to you and every player on this server whant's you dead except other nomads and wilds so yeah you dont have time to think what to say in nomadish to other players and in what form to put it. This can be seen especialy in crowded sistems you dont even manage to write your few role play sentences you were already under fire from bunch of people.
That's why many people were not able to get in the official nomad faction.
And do you realy think indie nomads wouldn't like to go to more crowded sistems and get some interaction there, they would definitely but many of them dont have expirience how to properly role play a nomad many of them dont know at all.
So they are ment to be in Omicrones only and make them dangerous as posible.

Even forcing them to make few lines of any kind of role play in any form they can think of before they open fire it whont change anything beacuse you would still be dead and your precious *cargo lost* wich is the actual real reason why this discusion started in the first place.

So gentlemans deal with it... No more F2 trading and having a launch break during flight in the Omicrones they are very dangerous place to be.

Think twice before entering it !

RE: Kill without RP ? - JayDee Kasane - 09-07-2014

I totally agree with Snak3. Its double standarts here that Khara is not same as indie nomads but all human chars are same either its official or not, whatever its gameplay or RP wise. Why should I be forced to RP before attacking an enemy when this enemy can attack me without saying a word. That even places me in dangerous position, I can get shot at while Im typing RP before attacking a Nomad, or he could hit Cruise button and run away while i look at keyboard (or fly in circles around so I wouldnt get insta'd while typing and standing still).
This is unfair advantage to players that posess a Nomad character. Space is dangerouns and omicrons is most dangerous, but putting one side of conflict above other in terms of server rules? Seriously?

RE: Kill without RP ? - JayDee Kasane - 09-07-2014

(09-07-2014, 12:27 PM)Hauler Wrote: ---
Even forcing them to make few lines of any kind of role play in any form they can think of before they open fire it whont change anything beacuse you would still be dead and your precious *cargo lost* wich is the actual real reason why this discusion started in the first place.

So gentlemans deal with it... No more F2 trading and having a launch break during flight in the Omicrones they are very dangerous place to be.

Think twice before entering it !

Who speaks of F2 or alttabbing here? You can/will die if you AFK anywhere, not just Omicrons or by hands of Nomads. The current problem is just in advantage of timing which can be used by Nomad players. They dont have to write anything, unlike you. They can strike first and if done right - that is easy kill even of a player that is not AFK.

RE: Kill without RP ? - Arioch - 09-07-2014

The reason why people are saying K'hara are different is that they RP being engaging. Meaning they are like any other faction that must RP before an engagement. Even in the Omicrons we/they RP before engaging. So you can say the same about any red faction to you, not just K'Hara. The internal rule is you cannot RP while cloaked (Unless you PM them and even then, we only do so individually and within 10-15k), and we give at the very least one line of RP before engaging. Which is no different than another faction.

Yes, inRP seeing a Nomad is frightening. So the argument that seeing a Nomad or K'Hara is this same does make sense, from an inRP perspective. I do think say Order of BHGCore should be allowed to freely engage Nomads, but that's my personal opinion since those factions specifically hunt Nomads inRP. But others? No I don't think any and all should freely engage them. Most of the time a K'Hara out in Sirius is about mind-warping you rather than just kill. So running the risk of us attempting RP just to get killed outside the Omicrons isn't fun for the K'Hara either.

Point is, only in the Omicrons do you run the risk of this. It's not Sirius wide, cause K'Hara do not noRP engage. If they do, let me or Moveit56 know since that is not allowed. Also, and most importantly in my opnion, this rule has been in effect for nearly a year and half, so why is it now all of a sudden such a big deal and such a headache? JayDee, you are all up in arms about this, but if it wasn't a big deal up till this point or you didn't realize this rule was around for that entire time, why are you making it one now? If it hasn't affected you in that year and a half, why now are you deciding to raise an issue with this?

It's a game, so just have fun with it. Is it that big of a deal that one very small section of space you run the fear of getting attacked from the antagonists of the game? And even then, it's not a guaranteed event if you fly through the Omicrons. Maybe I don't fly through the Omicrons enough, but I can count on one hand how many times I have been attacked by a nomad with no RP in the past year+.