Discovery Gaming Community
Militant Zoners - Not yet finished - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Militant Zoners - Not yet finished (/showthread.php?tid=120618)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Militant Zoners - Not yet finished - Zen_Mechanics - 09-15-2014

(09-15-2014, 02:01 PM)Tal Wrote:
(09-15-2014, 01:58 PM)Zen_Mechanics Wrote: Edit : This thread has gone bad, because of a selected individuals - which im forced to report. You people simply can't be trusted to speak normaly.

So giving feedback on what's going to become the next Zoner drama is a reportable offense now?

Get real.

Trolling is, Your comment is not feedback. I'm not the judge, They are. Infact I feel bad just to explain this to you.

RE: Militant Zoners - Not yet finished - Haste - 09-15-2014

Will you be using Whales?

I may have to create a Kusari Battleship and name it Nisshin Maru in that case.

The above is a joke please baby don't hurt me.

RE: Militant Zoners - Not yet finished - Mao - 09-15-2014

Here are some activists and militants for you:
Gaians, Bundschuh, Golden Chrysanthemums

They're also called terrorists because they attack and inflict damage. Zoners don't attack... like ever. Yes, they produce ways to fight but they use them mostly for self defense. What you want is a zoner terrorist faction (and you have yet to state your goals) and that's like totally opposed to what being zoner means. So, you don't like what zoners are? The zoners dogma? Do you even know what dogma means? Here's wiki: Dogma is a principle or set of principles laid down by an authority (developers) as incontrovertibly true. It serves as part of the primary basis of an ideology or belief system, and it cannot be changed or discarded without affecting the very system's paradigm (so, change it and you have something else, no longer a zoner), or the ideology itself.

It's like saying the LN dogma is wrong and they should pirate and the Maquis should make a humanitarian hospital to aid war prisoners.

Yes, zoners are different from each other. That's why you have 3 zoner factions. But at the core, they are all zoners. They share the same ideals and beliefs and none of those include hostility and activism. They left the houses especially to not have to deal with their rules.

So, if you want a terrorist faction, the Zoner ID is the worst possible pick. Please let me know if you want to have a go and bring this faction to life on the server. I need to park a ship where you'll be operating and go shopping for a ton of popcorn.

(09-15-2014, 02:01 PM)SMGSterlin Wrote:
(09-15-2014, 01:57 PM)Zen_Mechanics Wrote: The general Idea is to use the differences bettwen the factions to gain own status in the community - they feel that they are left alone, each faction is eager to grab more power - and whatever moral frame they once had, is long gone - The millitant description only exists as to demonstrate what the group is capable of, they might use violence or they may not - the objective is to dismantle the currently-operating factions to the point where they no longer administor places where they shouldn't be. That and, to deter anyone ( including the order ) from imposing rules or regulations, which is why you'll never see this group calling on restrictions - but rather guidelines.
Sounds exactly like ZA.

Oh boy, here we go again.

(09-15-2014, 01:57 PM)Zen_Mechanics Wrote: The millitant description only exists as to demonstrate what the group is capable of, they might use violence or they may not
This means that you -WILL- use violence. The only way you won't use violence is if you explicitly say "we won't shoot anyone".

Sorry Tel, but you've been around long enough that we know you, and we know that you're just going to turn this into ZA again.

Yes, you are correct in some point - However, I;ve had plenty of time and plenty of resources to think of this through, This is not a za attempt and it will involve people that are not ZA which I will not mention at this moment.
As for the violence part, Its not in despute that if a need arises - its justified. This group are not pacifists.

RE: Militant Zoners - Not yet finished - t0l - 09-15-2014

(09-15-2014, 02:03 PM)Zen_Mechanics Wrote:
(09-15-2014, 02:01 PM)Tal Wrote:
(09-15-2014, 01:58 PM)Zen_Mechanics Wrote: Edit : This thread has gone bad, because of a selected individuals - which im forced to report. You people simply can't be trusted to speak normaly.

So giving feedback on what's going to become the next Zoner drama is a reportable offense now?

Get real.

Trolling is, Your comment is not feedback. I'm not the judge, They are. Infact I feel bad just to explain this to you.

How am I trolling?

Enlighten me.

(09-15-2014, 02:04 PM)Mao Wrote: Here are some activists and militants for you:
Gaians, Bundschuh, Golden Chrysanthemums

They're also called terrorists because they attack and inflict damage. Zoners don't attack... like ever. Yes, they produce ways to fight but they use them mostly for self defense. What you want is a zoner terrorist faction (and you have yet to state your goals) and that's like totally opposed to what being zoner means. So, you don't like what zoners are? The zoners dogma? Do you even know what dogma means? Here's wiki: Dogma is a principle or set of principles laid down by an authority (developers) as incontrovertibly true. It serves as part of the primary basis of an ideology or belief system, and it cannot be changed or discarded without affecting the very system's paradigm (so, change it and you have something else, no longer a zoner), or the ideology itself.

It's like saying the LN dogma is wrong and they should pirate and the Maquis should make a humanitarian hospital to aid war prisoners.

Yes, zoners are different from each other. That's why you have 3 zoner factions. But at the core, they are all zoners. They share the same ideals and beliefs and none of those include hostility and activism. They left the houses especially to not have to deal with their rules.

So, if you want a terrorist faction, the Zoner ID is the worst possible pick. Please let me know if you want to have a go and bring this faction to life on the server. I need to park a ship where you'll be operating and go shopping for a ton of popcorn.

Yes, I have yet to state goals - and which is why Im accepting your concerns and feedback, unlike some other souls here. Millitant does not always mean terrorism or violence - Hell I'm a millitant atheist and I don't need to raise a gun to prove my view points - I would if Im confronted obviously, and that ability - to pull the gun - must always remain ON the table - Otherwise, wheres the freedom in that? Whatever the group does will have consequences, but the fact that you are trying to dismiss it right from the start - well that goes without saying.
Other then that, I can relate to what you say.

Need this thread cleaned, All posts - including mine, closed - until i actually do finish it.

RE: Militant Zoners - Not yet finished - Mímir - 09-15-2014

i think it would be better to start over, make a draft in a word document. put it down when finished and look it over again tomorrow, keeping in mind parts of the criticism from this thread and others. maybe have people from disco that you know and trust read it over and give you advice.

then post.

hopefully that can clear out some of the misunderstandings and disagreements and make the feedback process a bit smoother.

my 2 (friendly) cents.

RE: Militant Zoners - Not yet finished - Garrett Jax - 09-15-2014

Well, I guess it's back to the old drawing board for you guys. I'm closing this thread upon your request.