Discovery Gaming Community
Top 10 tips for traders - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Top 10 tips for traders (/showthread.php?tid=12237)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Top 10 tips for traders - jm01 - 03-01-2009

' Wrote:When being pirated, they'll harass you less in the future if you send them cash on sight.

once ur rich enuff to mae bounty of pirate they leave u alone..:crazy:

Top 10 tips for traders - gekerd - 03-01-2009

I won't in each case, have never been bountied anyway

Top 10 tips for traders - hribek - 03-01-2009

Quote:1. Pirates like /givecash
The new /givecash command isn't just for transferring credits from your powertrader to your new Bounty Hunter Battlecruiser character. It can be used for transferring credits to ANYONE. This has a number of big advantages.

The first is that transferring credits in this way puts a note of how many credits you transferred, and to whom, in the chat log. If the pirate then kills you, it is much easier to produce screenshot proof that you paid the tax demanded.

The second is that it avoids the pirate becoming suspicious as can happen if you take awhile to enter the correct amount in the trade window. Why do we get suspicious? Because the trade window just happens to obscure your ship from view, and prevent us from shooting at it. Of course you don't have to use /givecash just because of this, but remember that the less nervous a pirate is the more time he or she will wait before destroying you.

PS: For those of you who don't know about /givecash, the syntax is as follows:

CODE
/givecash <playername> <amount>

So for example if you were paying me a 3 million credit tax demand for example, then you would type
CODE
/givecash [OPG]Diego.Arindor 3000000

The slash is necessary, as are the spaces between the three elements, and you can type the command in whatever chat channel you are currently set to (no chat message is actually sent, it's just how you enter the command)

I just found an exception to this. The Lane Hacker "Phate" does not like givecash much because he has lot of characters with similar names and I givecashed to the wrong one so I had to pay him again:(

Top 10 tips for traders - rayne - 03-31-2009

Something is bugging me about pirating. I usually ask them to cut their engines once i disrupt their cruise, if i get the silent treatment or they escape can i just simply blast them or do i have to make cash/cargo demand first?

Top 10 tips for traders - beander2 - 03-31-2009

' Wrote:Something is bugging me about pirating. I usually ask them to cut their engines once i disrupt their cruise, if i get the silent treatment or they escape can i just simply blast them or do i have to make cash/cargo demand first?

You can knock them all the way down to 1% of hull before saying anything (though it isn't the best idea in terms of sportmanship), but you cannot kill them unless you've made a specific cash/cargo demand first.

Top 10 tips for traders - ACER_SPACER - 04-03-2009

Wow, this list is very helpful.

Top 10 tips for traders - Derkylos - 04-03-2009

' Wrote:I just found an exception to this. The Lane Hacker "Phate" does not like givecash much because he has lot of characters with similar names and I givecashed to the wrong one so I had to pay him again:(

The LWB named "Lorette Serilda" experiences the same thing...

Top 10 tips for traders - Weedalot - 04-03-2009

lol, its a good one.

Top 10 tips for traders - johnpeter - 04-09-2009

Thank you!

Top 10 tips for traders - NerdRage - 04-09-2009

TIPS OF PIRATES:

in the 'givecash' command its really annoying to type

/givecash [OPG|B]Tentcle'21973-R
or
/givecash Landwirtrechtbewegung|jomes_schnider

Dont use
-loads of numbers and symbols
-irregular words (like tentAcle, instread of tentcle, of course at first try we will write tentacle!)
-long words or weird names in that matter, a short weird name is OK

oh, when i'm pirating/policing i hate:

IRRESPONSIVE TRADERS!!
you say 'halt' they just stay silent untill the lane comes on or run away
some refuse to RP during the pirating, and if they get away they usually bag you 'haha! you didn;t catch me sucker!'

Fellow traders! pirating is mostly RP, so RP along!