Discovery Gaming Community
ELITE Dangerous - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: ELITE Dangerous (/showthread.php?tid=128181)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: ELITE Dangerous - Corile - 03-24-2016

I got a press copy of Horizons, I got bored after about two weeks. It doesn't make it really clear what to do and doesn't seem very noob-friendly. If anyone would be interested in giving a tour though, that would be pretty nice.

RE: ELITE Dangerous - Laz - 03-25-2016

Why is horizons so expensive? QQ
I want it yet it cost money. Bad.

I know how to make cash get get distracted far to easily in a game with infinite freedom Tongue

RE: ELITE Dangerous - Monk - 03-25-2016

(03-24-2016, 11:26 PM)Protégé Wrote: I got a press copy of Horizons, I got bored after about two weeks. It doesn't make it really clear what to do and doesn't seem very noob-friendly. If anyone would be interested in giving a tour though, that would be pretty nice.

Horizons is just landing on planets and puttering around in your buggy. There are four expansions coming as part of the Horizons season.

The game is definitely not noob friendly, as is tradition for Elite. If you are looking for more interaction with other players or the game itself, I recommenced selecting a Power and joining their ranks. There are mechanics for taking, defending and undermining star systems in support of your chosen Power. Also, joining up with the current Community Goal is a great way to interact with other players, especially pirates.

There are also several community driven events...Buckyball Racing organizes races around stations, long distance races (Sol to Sag A*), and surface rallies. Distant Worlds Expedition is currently 56k LY from Sol, so it isn't very likely that you could join the exploration convoy. You could, however, meet them on the return or even play spoiler, if that is your thing. There is a treasure hunt going on, see forums for details. Oh and if you are interested in conspiracy theories, there are currently a number of players trying to solve the mystery of the alien artifacts, barnacles and strange sightings out in the Pleiades Nebula. This also seems tied to the recent technical failures at stations that have had Alien Artifacts delivered to them. The solution is to collect meta-materials from barnacles and deliver them to ailing stations. I think a few players are trying to fix the broken stations this way.

(03-25-2016, 09:25 AM)Laz Wrote: Why is horizons so expensive? QQ
I want it yet it cost money. Bad.

I know how to make cash get get distracted far to easily in a game with infinite freedom Tongue

Horizons includes at least 4 more expansions. It will eventually go on sale, and it is likely that when the next season comes up, all of Horizons will be included in it, for free.