Discovery Gaming Community
Poll: Independent Pirate IFF - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Poll: Independent Pirate IFF (/showthread.php?tid=130647)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Poll: Independent Pirate IFF - Kauket - 06-16-2015

People who play pirate ID under my flag aren't "pirates" but rather pirateers in a way - people who only pirate when they NEED to and only against their enemies or people who pose a threat - and we tend to act like Civilians in certain house space - but act like pirates in Gallia, anywhere else.

Would be nice people could chose what IFF they want.

RE: Poll: Independent Pirate IFF - Stefan_Steinar - 06-16-2015

how will this IFF look like?

RE: Poll: Independent Pirate IFF - Kyoi - 06-16-2015

If it really is necessary to implement an unlawful IFF for Pirate ID just use the Outlaw IFF and ban all mostly-neutral faction IFFs (junkers, zoners, freelancer, etc) or the IFF would be completely unused as people would just /droprep and take a neutral faction's IFF, although unlawful faction IFFs can be left alone. I'd expect a significant Pirate ID buff in return though, because nobody would bother using the unlawful ID with the weakest engagement rights and no benefits other than an "unlimited ZoI" which really isn't the case in practicality, as usually your ship stays in the same sector of Sirius. I think the system as it is for Pirate ID is already very unfavourable for its users though and we should be exploring options to improve it, especially if such a nerf takes place.

RE: Poll: Independent Pirate IFF - Karst - 06-16-2015

In my eyes, Pirates (using a Pirate ID) are simply unlawful freelancers.
That's kind of the whole point of being a freelancer, some may align themselves lawfully and hunt criminals etc., others might turn to piracy.

The only reason why they don't have the same ID is balance, because you can't have an ID that has the combined allowances and rephacks of freelancer and pirate.

I don't see any potential for abuse, either. It seems obvious to me that if you see someone with a freelancer IFF (or none), you cannot make assumptions about whether or not they are a threat.

In fact, as a trader a Freelancer ID'd ship might be an even greater danger, as they may engage you without a demand for a bounty.
There are plenty of other situations in which someone who isn't "red on scanners" may be hostile, such as almost everyone for a nicely repped freelancer ship, a Junker in the border worlds, or an unlawful faction your ID simply isn't rephacked hostile to.

It's fine as it is.

Edit: And that's just regarding Freelancer IFF'd pirates. I have a couple pirate ships that have specific unlawful IFFs because of in roleplay alignment with those factions, which I think pirates should be able to do just like freelancers.

RE: Poll: Independent Pirate IFF - Stefan_Steinar - 06-16-2015

@Alley

is there a IFF chart for this IFF already id love to see and get it...

RE: Poll: Independent Pirate IFF - SnakeLancerHaven - 06-16-2015

[23:27:01] SnakeLancer™: omgomgomgomgomg
[23:27:01] SnakeLancer™: where is Pirate IFF
[23:27:04] SnakeLancer™: I can't find it Dx
[23:27:12] alley: it's not available yet
[23:27:22] SnakeLancer™: NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
[23:27:39] SnakeLancer™:

Moderator notice: Don't stretch the forums.

RE: Poll: Independent Pirate IFF - Vulkhard Muller - 06-16-2015

(06-16-2015, 05:31 PM)Ends Wrote: If it really is necessary to implement an unlawful IFF for Pirate ID just use the Outlaw IFF and ban all mostly-neutral faction IFFs (junkers, zoners, freelancer, etc) or the IFF would be completely unused as people would just /droprep and take a neutral faction's IFF, although unlawful faction IFFs can be left alone. I'd expect a significant Pirate ID buff in return though, because nobody would bother using the unlawful ID with the weakest engagement rights and no benefits other than an "unlimited ZoI" which really isn't the case in practicality, as usually your ship stays in the same sector of Sirius. I think the system as it is for Pirate ID is already very unfavourable for its users though and we should be exploring options to improve it, especially if such a nerf takes place.

Perhaps finally giving pirates that Rogue snub cell people have been begging for for ages.

RE: Poll: Independent Pirate IFF - Fluffyball - 06-16-2015

I can agree on that change nonetheless, but only if:

Introduction of Outlaw IFF. = Allowing Pirate ID to claim bounties.

Opening Rogue/Molly snub-line would be also encouraged.

RE: Poll: Independent Pirate IFF - Leppy - 06-17-2015

I think the compromise suggested before (too lazy to look it up Tongue).

Make an unlawful IFF as an option and make the freelancer IFF unavailable to Pirate ID'd players.

That will still preserve roleplay (ie: a pirate ID character who is closely aligned with the Rogues and carries their IFF) while adding this helpful change to the mod.

RE: Poll: Independent Pirate IFF - SnakeLancerHaven - 06-17-2015

Rogue cell? Nah, give us a sirius unlawful snubline aka Reapers Snubs. The Lich, Wight and that LF looks perfectly like an unlawful version of thr BW snubline.

Also make a similar looking Bomber TADAA you have ossum Pirate/Unlawful Snubline.