Discovery Gaming Community
Ryukyu Guild - RG| - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Player Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=244)
+---- Forum: Official Faction Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=245)
+----- Forum: Official Faction Creation Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=134)
+------ Forum: Archived Creation Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=290)
+------ Thread: Ryukyu Guild - RG| (/showthread.php?tid=131112)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Ryukyu Guild - RG| - Antonio - 06-29-2015

Met you yesterday on my Samura in Sigma 13. You did some pretty solid RP there. Hope to see more of you in the future.

RE: Ryukyu Guild - RG| - Miaou - 06-30-2015

@Antonio-

Sure! Sorry we are hostile to you guys. Gotta do what we gotta do, right? *Makes grumble noises at Samura*

@Mark_Brown

Excuse me? You gained leadership when the faction was already dying. That means nothing to me. You lead an unofficial faction.

And here's a question. What are you going to do for us?

You seem to have this attitude that we have to answer to you. We do not. You do not have say over what we do. I suggest you stop. If you want to discuss things, then PM me. I've repeated this multiple times now.

RE: Ryukyu Guild - RG| - Wildkins - 06-30-2015

(06-29-2015, 11:47 PM)Mark_Brown Wrote: I did ask you a question to which you forgettably failed to answer:

What will the RG do to assist the current GMG who's been around far longer than yourselves?

I ask this because we have been around far longer than you and as alot of people don't understand that I took hold of the old GMG faction and I intend to keep it where it left off.. As I stated before we're 4th most active faction on discovery right now so we're hitting a hard run.

From one faction leader to another, I have to say that you are displaying an incredibly poor attitude. GMG|, like it or not, has fallen out of officialdom after a long stretch of inactivity. It is great that they have a new leader and are experiencing a great spurt of activity. I'm glad to see it, as I always liked the GMG both as an NPC and an Official faction. But, that doesn't give you the right to "bully" other groups who are attempting to become official. I'd rather be caught dead than barge into the 5th|'s officialdom request and ask them "but what are you going to do for the [LN]?". It's their group, and they get to do what they want to do, within the lore of the NPC faction and the rules of the server. Beyond Faction Right 2 (which, mind you, you don't have as an unofficial) and perhaps some slight amount of respect garnered from a long history, you do not hold anything over unofficials or official attempts such as the Ryukyu Guild. It's an extremely poor show of form and I hope that it isn't indicative of the rest of the newly reformed GMG|.

With that being said, I wish the Ryukyu Guild and the reformed GMG| the best of luck in their officialdom requests.

RE: Ryukyu Guild - RG| - The Blood Dragons - 06-30-2015

We look forward to interacting more with RG in the future after the fun one of our members had in Okinawa with you. Hopefully some good RP can come out of future interactions, as BD is always looking for new factions/groups to do interactions and RP with.

~The Blood Dragons

RE: Ryukyu Guild - RG| - Coin - 06-30-2015

I'm not seeing anything i like here. GMG is complaining of a pain in the posterior cos RG are pulling a richard-move, and RG's actions demonstrate no empathy, only passive-aggressiveness. Both should desist. There is no reason why there cannot be two official factions, and co-operation will lead to greater activity than competition. InRP be competitive as you like, but when the pirates come knocking you MUST band together, but under what rubric?

First issue: The RP is a little far-fetched, tbh; the leading planetary faction suddenly decides to up stakes and roll out. Why? a plague? population overpressure?

The next issue is the secrecy. Player list please. We - the community - want to see who has their finger on the big red FR5 button. Fair enough to maintain a semblance of reticence when you were unofficial, but now you're stepping up to the big boy's bathroom you have to stand up and whip it out.

The next issue is ZOI/ZOO. We know where you hang your hats, but how far away from home will we see your boot-prints?

The next issue: goals. are you searching for a new planet for your children (would explain away the sudden appearance in space, you could bolster your RP with some contracts with cryer for medicines, etc). This is important cos it lets the rest of us know what your faction is about, and how you will behave, etc.

The next issue: maturity. With two weeks of activity, your faction is still shedding amniotic fluid; despite the player's time served on this server, the group is unknown, and your actions towards the officially unofficial official faction are less than stellar. I suggest waiting until we KNOW who you are, rather than you having to tell us who you are.

RE: Ryukyu Guild - RG| - Miaou - 06-30-2015

I hate to do this, but breaking down your post into sections and then commenting on each point seems like the best way for me to answer.

(06-30-2015, 08:38 AM)Coin Wrote: I'm not seeing anything i like here. GMG is complaining of a pain in the posterior cos RG are pulling a richard-move, and RG's actions demonstrate no empathy, only passive-aggressiveness. Both should desist. There is no reason why there cannot be two official factions, and co-operation will lead to greater activity than competition. InRP be competitive as you like, but when the pirates come knocking you MUST band together, but under what rubric?

This is the Ryukyu Guild thread. I'd kinda ask people to speak directly about the faction and not lump this thread as a RG| GMG| feedback thread. It's getting a tad annoying.

(06-30-2015, 08:38 AM)Coin Wrote: First issue: The RP is a little far-fetched, tbh; the leading planetary faction suddenly decides to up stakes and roll out. Why? a plague? population overpressure?

Population issues and the income to expand. Miura isn't exactly habitable entirely. It's still undergoing terraforming to heat the planet up. People are restricted to the mining colonies and going outside of those areas basically means death. Mining is a profitable business, so of course any group, organization, or corporation would expand themselves.

(06-30-2015, 08:38 AM)Coin Wrote: The next issue is the secrecy. Player list please. We - the community - want to see who has their finger on the big red FR5 button. Fair enough to maintain a semblance of reticence when you were unofficial, but now you're stepping up to the big boy's bathroom you have to stand up and whip it out.

You yourself want to see the member list, not the community. You can only speak for yourself as I doubt the community has granted you the ability to be their spokesperson. I doubt half the community cares about this faction. Regardless, I've already stated I'm the guy doing the things. Also we are still unofficial, that hasn't changed. How are we supposed to FR5 people, as if we will hover over that like it's the only option. You want to know who's in the faction? Basically everyone who's posted in the recruitment thread. Let me step up to the big old toilet and say that if the admins need to know, they will know. No where does it state I have to share that with you anyways.

(06-30-2015, 08:38 AM)Coin Wrote: The next issue is ZOI/ZOO. We know where you hang your hats, but how far away from home will we see your boot-prints?

Sigmas is where we enforce our territory, we trade with basically everyone who are on good terms with us. Gotta get that H-fuel out there. So you might find our trade ships out around the different houses, bar Gallia. They don't use our fuel. Would be interesting if the houses try to strong arm us from supplying different factions (totally not suggesting to others but totally am).

(06-30-2015, 08:38 AM)Coin Wrote: The next issue: goals. are you searching for a new planet for your children (would explain away the sudden appearance in space, you could bolster your RP with some contracts with cryer for medicines, etc). This is important cos it lets the rest of us know what your faction is about, and how you will behave, etc.

We want to expand. We are setting up a larger community/nation/group called the Ryukyu Commonwealth, as it has been mentioned a few times. The Guild is the working side, the Commonwealth is the citizens and families. We want to make the Commonwealth stronger. We will try to do that as best we can and have the Sigmas as a safe place for them.

(06-30-2015, 08:38 AM)Coin Wrote: The next issue: maturity. With two weeks of activity, your faction is still shedding amniotic fluid; despite the player's time served on this server, the group is unknown, and your actions towards the officially unofficial official faction are less than stellar. I suggest waiting until we KNOW who you are, rather than you having to tell us who you are.

I don't know what you mean. I've already stated we don't really have relations with most factions. We've been sending comms messages to the different factions as we encounter them. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it's not happening. I believe you are assuming a bit too much with this. We've opened up conversation with the Order, the Core, the GC (Sisterhood of Dreams), and the Blood Dragons. That's not mentioning the people we stop and talk to ingame. We'll continue doing this. Sorry we don't spam the comms board with 50 different messages to every little faction out there. I kinda like running into people then going from there. Interaction, you know?

I hope that covers most of your concerns. You asked quite a lot, which is totally cool.

RE: Ryukyu Guild - RG| - Coin - 07-01-2015

(06-30-2015, 06:05 PM)Miaou Wrote: I hate to do this, but breaking down your post into sections and then commenting on each point seems like the best way for me to answer.

(06-30-2015, 08:38 AM)Coin Wrote: I'm not seeing anything i like here. GMG is complaining of a pain in the posterior cos RG are pulling a richard-move, and RG's actions demonstrate no empathy, only passive-aggressiveness. Both should desist. There is no reason why there cannot be two official factions, and co-operation will lead to greater activity than competition. InRP be competitive as you like, but when the pirates come knocking you MUST band together, but under what rubric?

This is the Ryukyu Guild thread. I'd kinda ask people to speak directly about the faction and not lump this thread as a RG| GMG| feedback thread. It's getting a tad annoying.

Annoying or not, it's the reality of when you run an aligned faction (It also wasn't solely aimed at you). It's also the reality when you pop up out of nowhere fourteen days after another faction loses their official status and try to become official whilst they are trying to reboot their faction, so I say again, co-operation would be better. I do like the idea of your faction - a roleplaying faction rather than a grinding faction, but I'm just trying to point out that gaining the trust, respect and support of the longstanding faction would help your cause far more than stepping on toes does.

(06-30-2015, 06:05 PM)Miaou Wrote:
(06-30-2015, 08:38 AM)Coin Wrote: First issue: The RP is a little far-fetched, tbh; the leading planetary faction suddenly decides to up stakes and roll out. Why? a plague? population overpressure?

Population issues and the income to expand. Miura isn't exactly habitable entirely. It's still undergoing terraforming to heat the planet up. People are restricted to the mining colonies and going outside of those areas basically means death. Mining is a profitable business, so of course any group, organization, or corporation would expand themselves.

Cool

(06-30-2015, 08:38 AM)Coin Wrote: The next issue is the secrecy. Player list please. We - the community - want to see who has their finger on the big red FR5 button. Fair enough to maintain a semblance of reticence when you were unofficial, but now you're stepping up to the big boy's bathroom you have to stand up and whip it out.

You yourself want to see the member list, not the community. You can only speak for yourself as I doubt the community has granted you the ability to be their spokesperson. I doubt half the community cares about this faction. Regardless, I've already stated I'm the guy doing the things. Also we are still unofficial, that hasn't changed. How are we supposed to FR5 people, as if we will hover over that like it's the only option. You want to know who's in the faction? Basically everyone who's posted in the recruitment thread. Let me step up to the big old toilet and say that if the admins need to know, they will know. No where does it state I have to share that with you anyways.

Uncool. It's responses like this that work against you, you know, 'cause now you've sown the seed of 'why so shy?' Are you hiding: A) Karlotta, B) Beedo or C) Akumabito (/joke)

(06-30-2015, 08:38 AM)Coin Wrote: The next issue is ZOI/ZOO. We know where you hang your hats, but how far away from home will we see your boot-prints?

Sigmas is where we enforce our territory, we trade with basically everyone who are on good terms with us. Gotta get that H-fuel out there. So you might find our trade ships out around the different houses, bar Gallia. They don't use our fuel. Would be interesting if the houses try to strong arm us from supplying different factions (totally not suggesting to others but totally am).
Cool, suggest include a map in OP to show the zone of influence and zone of operations

(06-30-2015, 08:38 AM)Coin Wrote: The next issue: goals. are you searching for a new planet for your children (would explain away the sudden appearance in space, you could bolster your RP with some contracts with cryer for medicines, etc). This is important cos it lets the rest of us know what your faction is about, and how you will behave, etc.

We want to expand. We are setting up a larger community/nation/group called the Ryukyu Commonwealth, as it has been mentioned a few times. The Guild is the working side, the Commonwealth is the citizens and families. We want to make the Commonwealth stronger. We will try to do that as best we can and have the Sigmas as a safe place for them.
Cool, suggest adding a section to the op: 'Goals'

(06-30-2015, 08:38 AM)Coin Wrote: The next issue: maturity. With two weeks of activity, your faction is still shedding amniotic fluid; despite the player's time served on this server, the group is unknown, and your actions towards the officially unofficial official faction are less than stellar. I suggest waiting until we KNOW who you are, rather than you having to tell us who you are.

I don't know what you mean. I've already stated we don't really have relations with most factions. We've been sending comms messages to the different factions as we encounter them. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it's not happening. I believe you are assuming a bit too much with this. We've opened up conversation with the Order, the Core, the GC (Sisterhood of Dreams), and the Blood Dragons. That's not mentioning the people we stop and talk to ingame. We'll continue doing this. Sorry we don't spam the comms board with 50 different messages to every little faction out there. I kinda like running into people then going from there. Interaction, you know?

By maturity I am referring to both the faction's longevity, and their reactivity.
Longevity - by your own agreement, you simply haven't been around long enough to have met all the factions with your RG characters, and for them to know who you are and what you want. Also, despite a staggering improvement in the amount of in game time, the GMG| lost their official status as they hadn't forumlancered enough; just food for thought.
Reactivity - the timing of your official status request is at best unfortunate. The feels about GMG are running very high at present, and I respectfully suggest that in your shoes I would refrain from Socratean counter-arguments, as it is shooting the messenger who is pointing out the weaknesses in your faction creation document. Under normal circumstances, faction creation requests are met with not quite hostility, but definitely a trial by fire; prove your passion. These are not normal circumstances, but that is due entirely to your choosing to request for official status at this time. Is kinda like proposing to a widow at the funeral; you have to expect to take some flak for your timing, and you have to demonstrate more patience, openness and co-operation than any 'normal' request.

RE: Ryukyu Guild - RG| - Miaou - 07-01-2015

Let me just make it clear, I'm not harboring banned members. I would never even think about it.

And in regards to more information, fine sure. I'll add goals and pretty ZoI pictures or something next time I update it.

I am also not new to faction creation, nor leading. I hate to toot my own horn, but yeah this isn't the first time I've done something like this. The only difference is, as you said, it's under a lot of fire. Whats very interesting is that it's mostly under fire of the current GMG| faction. Most everyone else believes this is a cool idea. There's also a lot more I could say but I'm trying my darnest to stay diplomatic about this.

I do respect the GMG| faction of old, the official faction that even I was apart of. The current GMG| is not that faction. It's a remake with very little in the way of respectful behaviour. You don't see me ending every post with "-Miaou, Supreme and Righteous Leader of the GMG" and asking other factions to do things for me.

That being said, we're going to continue doing our thing. We've been having fun doing trade runs and defending the sigmas so far. Cruisers are still a spooky sight. Kaichou is very stronk tho.

RE: Ryukyu Guild - RG| - Coin - 07-01-2015

They do have a point though - you DID propose to the widow during the funeral.

RE: Ryukyu Guild - RG| - Miaou - 07-01-2015

I've never denied that. We chose the timing to start this faction due to what was going on. Just because someone holds up the dead spouse like a puppet doesn't mean it's the same thing. Perhaps the widow deserves better.

Wow that got kinda morbid.