Discovery Gaming Community
Discovery writing itself into a corner: Community supported lore re-roll - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Discovery writing itself into a corner: Community supported lore re-roll (/showthread.php?tid=133468)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Discovery writing itself into a corner: Community supported lore re-roll - Durandal - 12-01-2015

If somebody REALLY has too much time on their hands what the devteam needs is another person to do hitboxing and hardpointing.

We've got quite a large number of idea guys and writers already.

RE: Discovery writing itself into a corner: Community supported lore re-roll - SparkyRailgun - 12-01-2015

Seems to me like what Disco needs is more catgirls. Communist catgirls, maybe. Make Duchesse Sacha Roux the Queen of Gallia and I'll single-handedly pull the story from the mud.

RE: Discovery writing itself into a corner: Community supported lore re-roll - Oldum - 12-01-2015

(12-01-2015, 02:00 PM)Durandal Wrote: If somebody REALLY has too much time on their hands what the devteam needs is another person to do hitboxing and hardpointing.

We've got quite a large number of idea guys and writers already.

Teach me to the ways of the Force , Master! (bow)

RE: Discovery writing itself into a corner: Community supported lore re-roll - Laura C. - 12-01-2015

(12-01-2015, 01:50 PM)Valhalla Rising Wrote:
(12-01-2015, 07:53 AM)|nfrared Wrote: Hudson JG blows up, Nomads, Liberty and Rheinland can have a big tentacle 3-way as the 2 houses blame each other. Sounds like a bad adult film, but with just as much action as one. Reignite the house war with a twist, but hurry up and do it already!

This would be more exciting than anything else happening right now. As Shia would say, "JUST DO IT!"

As far as I remember the Texas&Hudson brawls were the most fun I've had on the server, where 50+ people would usually clash, and almost 80% of the time crash the server. It provided alot of factions with alot of RP material, and even more people were included in the regular brawls we had loved so much.

I'm all for this idea. This, or as Tabris said, give the Coalition a chance to expand and pose a real threat to Sirius. Or even let them, and the Corsairs fight the GRN.

While Lib-Rhein war was undeniably excellent activity source for PvP brawls and raids for incredibly long time, we should not see it better then it was through nostalgia glasses. The war wore off (and that´s not surprise after all those years) and in last year before ceasefire interest went down rapidly. Also, while the Rheinland players were interested in it longer (because there was not much other options for them), Liberty players preferred fights with Gauls over time and several times there was absurd situation when Rheinland raid party was waiting in Texas and no one came to fight it, despite there were some Liberty lawfuls online.

Every house needs big scale war, of course, because house unlawfuls are not enough as activity source these days, but it should be something new, not return to something what worked in past but slowly wore off and wasn´t interesting anymore. Nomad or Coalition stuff? Why not.

Speaking of Rheinland, I myself hope that once Rheinland update will finally be implemented and Munich will get direct connection into Omicrons, it will create possibility for brawls between Rheinland forces and Corsairs/Nomads/Order/Outcasts and situation will get better than now.

RE: Discovery writing itself into a corner: Community supported lore re-roll - Malmsteen - 12-01-2015

(12-01-2015, 02:17 PM)Laura C. Wrote: Speaking of Rheinland, I myself hope that once Rheinland update will finally be implemented and Munich will get direct connection into Omicrons, it will create possibility for brawls between Rheinland forces and Corsairs/Nomads/Order/Outcasts and situation will get better than now.

This quote above says a lot about what's required for more activity. Although activity is low due to the downtime everybody and server passing by now.
This time of the year, there are always students heading to school and universities, Also the server downtime and forum downtime were a great factor but
i think that by time, these players will come back and join the discovery player database.
I think that a link from rhienland to the omicrons is needed and another link from rheinland to the gauls is needed, there will be two or
more conflicts added and new front lines created which will be good and increase activity.

Respectfully,

Malmsteen

RE: Discovery writing itself into a corner: Community supported lore re-roll - SparkyRailgun - 12-01-2015

(12-01-2015, 02:41 PM)Malmsteen Wrote: Although activity is low due to the downtime everybody and server passing by now.
This time of the year, there are always students heading to school and universities, Also the server downtime and forum downtime were a great factor but
i think that by time, these players will come back and join the discovery player database.

This is reaching a little far off-topic, but if flserver.de is to be believed, the player count has not significantly changed in the past year. I was curious about this when I found my way here looking for an old thread, but the server population seems to have mostly plateaued at the ~60-80 player count since this time last year, ignoring the obvious server issue periods. The point being, waiting or the holiday period to end aint gonna cut it.

RE: Discovery writing itself into a corner: Community supported lore re-roll - Lythrilux - 12-01-2015

Rheinland has already been linked to the Omicrons. Check Luneburg > Omicron Rho. Although I think Munich, as originally planned, would have been a better choice than Luneburg.

RE: Discovery writing itself into a corner: Community supported lore re-roll - nOmnomnOm - 12-01-2015

(12-01-2015, 02:02 PM)SparkyRailgun Wrote: Seems to me like what Disco needs is more catgirls. Communist catgirls, maybe. Make Duchesse Sacha Roux the Queen of Gallia and I'll single-handedly pull the story from the mud.

no. No cat girls.
I'll make a cryer faction to round you all up to the pound.
Mark my words. Tongue

RE: Discovery writing itself into a corner: Community supported lore re-roll - Laura C. - 12-01-2015

(12-01-2015, 03:40 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: Rheinland has already been linked to the Omicrons. Check Luneburg > Omicron Rho. Although I think Munich, as originally planned, would have been a better choice than Luneburg.
Current connection is useless because Luneburg is end of RM/RFP ZOI (and all ways there lead through hearts of VWA territories around their bases, so it would be quite ooRP to use these) while with Munich, lawfuls could engage even in the connected Omicron system. But mainly, Corsairs/Outcasts/Nomads/Order players are not much willing to travel painfully long way to get to Delta-Rho-Luneburg. As far as I remember, connection from Munich was planned to lead to system next to Gamma (or with one buffer system at the most) with intention to create battlefield which both sides will have in their ZOI and would be very close for at least Corsairs and Order.

Edit: stroke out part about ZOI after FluffReborn´s reminder

RE: Discovery writing itself into a corner: Community supported lore re-roll - The Savage - 12-01-2015

(12-01-2015, 04:09 PM)Laura C. Wrote:
(12-01-2015, 03:40 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: Rheinland has already been linked to the Omicrons. Check Luneburg > Omicron Rho. Although I think Munich, as originally planned, would have been a better choice than Luneburg.
Current connection is useless because Luneburg is end of RM/RFP ZOI (...)

Isn't RM able to engage in systems directly connecting Rheinland? According to the ID rules and System Listing, Rheinland Military ZOI looks like this:
[Image: wHJbagX.png]