Discovery Gaming Community
Development Notice: Hellfire Rocket Pods - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Development Notice: Hellfire Rocket Pods (/showthread.php?tid=134360)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Development Notice: Hellfire Rocket Pods - Jack_Henderson - 12-29-2015

Wink See the positive...

RE: Development Notice: Hellfire Rocket Pods - Doria - 12-30-2015

What about making the bomber guns useful again also?

RE: Development Notice: Hellfire Rocket Pods - Xoria - 12-30-2015

Love this idea, and would have loved it even more if it had gone live before this morning when I was stuck at the airport trying to use a touchpad on a laptop in a bomber, and hellfires were the only thing I could use without killing myself (Novas via touchpad seems like a recipe for suicide). Can't wait to try this out.

How about a version of Hellfire that are shield busters?

RE: Development Notice: Hellfire Rocket Pods - Ayman - 12-30-2015

i love it thank you. i had a problem in my bombers that the ammo of Hellfire Rocket Pods gets empty fast and its not that easy to aim with it so after some shoots ammo is empty and the gun is useless now this fixed the problem. thanks alot

RE: Development Notice: Hellfire Rocket Pods - Tabris - 12-30-2015

I'm kinda on the fence on this. On one hand this expands the use of Bombers. On the other it could make Capital ships harder than ever to use due to excessive Hellfire spam which could cause players to simply up and quit due to 'unfairness'. But who knows, perhaps they'll be balanced enough to ensure that it's fair and fun for everyone. *shrug*

RE: Development Notice: Hellfire Rocket Pods - Explorer487 - 12-30-2015

Eh not too sure what will change exactly. They'll be more interesting to use that's certain, i like my caps and don't see this as something that can make them more difficult to play. Seeing as how they're dumbfire, the cap pilot need only wait till they're lining up a salvo and then hammer rounds off at the bomber forcing it to break away and chances are half of what the bomber fired is likely going to miss under such circumstances. Numbers are fine in an ideal situation, i.e the total damage of 480 rockets. But in reality, you'll be lucky if half of those actually hit your target considering they can't hit anything except at close range - Lunch for anything with razors and a large amount of secondaries. Hell even people who are good at aiming Cerbs+Primes at point blank can quite easily kill a bomber making a run.

Interesting change, i'm looking forward to the ammo stack on other weapons too Smile

RE: Development Notice: Hellfire Rocket Pods - Traxit - 12-30-2015

I think the first step to "Balancing" this is by adding energy drain for each hellfire rocket shot.
and maybe lowering the hellfire stacking amount to 80(e.g=2 pods would mean 120 rockets from the first pod and an additional 80 from the second, and so on and so forth)

RE: Development Notice: Hellfire Rocket Pods - Swallow - 12-30-2015

Lets wait and see how would this work.

On a side note: GB and up missiles need love.

RE: Development Notice: Hellfire Rocket Pods - Skorak - 12-30-2015

As far as I remember, gunboat missiles are okay. I am still very unsure about gunboat balance in general though.

RE: Development Notice: Hellfire Rocket Pods - Yber - 12-30-2015

This burst damage is not okay. Bombers should have a limit to how many hellfires they can mount.