Discovery Gaming Community
Can we remove the filters please. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Site & Forum Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Can we remove the filters please. (/showthread.php?tid=136608)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Can we remove the filters please. - Alley - 03-08-2016

(03-08-2016, 08:18 PM)shik Wrote:
(03-08-2016, 08:08 PM)Alley Wrote: Writing lelberty makes you look like a giant tool. (happy)

Should I write something like ***...'Liberty'-named ~lulwut~ -oceans- (disgust)...*** instead?

you could just be respectful, I heard it works.

RE: Can we remove the filters please. - Lythrilux - 03-08-2016

But we all know that doesn't work of course. Isn't that why we have these filters to just forcefully enforce that?

Otherwise: Yes, lets just let people be respectful. If anything you're egging them on to not be respectful even more by having these filters.

RE: Can we remove the filters please. - Chuba - 03-08-2016

(03-08-2016, 08:08 PM)Alley Wrote: I'm down for removing all filters ever if we replace it with an autoban system. Writing lelberty makes you look like a giant tool. (happy)

writing #deletecore makes you look like a giant tool. (happy)

RE: Can we remove the filters please. - Shiki - 03-08-2016

(03-08-2016, 08:22 PM)Alley Wrote:
(03-08-2016, 08:18 PM)shik Wrote:
(03-08-2016, 08:08 PM)Alley Wrote: Writing lelberty makes you look like a giant tool. (happy)

Should I write something like ***...'Liberty'-named ~lulwut~ -oceans- (disgust)...*** instead?

you could just be respectful, I heard it works.

Alright, Liberty is the Great House without the problems to fix. I'm sorry for being respectless giant tool.

I really think we should add deletecore to the filter! It really hurts my feelings and people who write it look like giant tools Sad

I just made myself look like a tool by writing it, this shows the severity of the word.

Now that I think about it 'tool' is also pretty mean and disrespectful, I think we should filter that too.

RE: Can we remove the filters please. - Lennox - 03-08-2016

(03-08-2016, 08:25 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: But we all know that doesn't work of course. Isn't that why we have these filters to just forcefully enforce that?

Otherwise: Yes, lets just let people be respectful. If anything you're egging them on to not be respectful even more by having these filters.

Respect is subjective. If everyone would try to write a sentence or two about what it actually means we'd probably have over 100 or more definitions.

Since making a system against something as unpredictable as that is pointless, a more general solution takes that place. In this case it's said filter. And yes, I think it's doing its job.

If that's the case then lets filter deletecore because it's disrespectful. Lets filter deletegallia with that too. Along with any other word and phrase that meets those parameters.

And then it won't be long until stories become unbearable to write because the meaning and actual story is lost in a censored and filtered mess of words.

RE: Can we remove the filters please. - Lennox - 03-08-2016

I have yet to have any problems with it xD

RE: Can we remove the filters please. - SnakThree - 03-08-2016

Stop writing in memes. It's not that hard. Filters should be removed from RP forums though.

RE: Can we remove the filters please. - Alley - 03-08-2016

Congratulations on ruining your own thread, the quality irony we've been able to read was truly amazing.

If only curse words were the problem here. Well newsflash, the words are not the problem. The filter is not the problem either. Some people here are the problem. The inability of some to interact with others in any normal fashion is what leads to the increased amount of punitive measures, and this is far from being limited to this forum. You can witness it anywhere on the internet and even in real life.

If you want the filter removed then step it up.