Discovery Gaming Community
Allow Nomad Capitals for the indie Nomad ID (and some other changes) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Allow Nomad Capitals for the indie Nomad ID (and some other changes) (/showthread.php?tid=136782)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Allow Nomad Capitals for the indie Nomad ID (and some other changes) - Jeremy Hunter - 03-08-2016

I'll put my cents in.

I'm both Order| and K'Hara|, and here's the thing: Order| has less to shoot in the Omicrons, less to roleplay our entire purpose for, with little Nomad activity.

The pros with this proposal are good - yes we could see a HUGE outpouring of Marduks and Irras, which lend to the fact the Omicrons are extremely dangerous. Extremely. Nomads everywhere, getting stronger. I get that Lyth. I actually, personally, wouldn't mind. Means my Resh, ossie, and to be made Sekhmet could have fun.

The cons...that's what most see. Already there's problems with MORPHS. JUST MORPHS. And if people are causing ridiculous amounts of trouble with MORPHS ALONE, nevermind some ridiculous morph names...do you really want to see a Marduk named Rainbow.Bridge or something? That is a big problem with it, and believe me, we've seen bad Order, LN, BAF, and Gallic names. CCCP anyone?

On paper it does sound good, but in reality it could very well be a horrible idea. But honestly, this is my personal opinion as a player on both sides.

And a player of SCRA/HF, who always are ganked...like the K'Hara. So this could tip the scales in the balanced side of this argument, does that balance seem worth losing what makes the Nomads...Nomads? Because not all Nomads go straight to shooting. I had an interesting interaction with a Morph last night, did good with Nomspeak. But how many would just get a Marduk, sit by Freeport11 and be all **'Yours...-trespassing...*(rage)*...BEGONE*** or something (wow my nomspeak is rusty).

The barely RP insta engaging Nomads who pass the RP before engaging check...is that worth them all getting battleships?

Just my thoughts on this, Lyth.

RE: Allow Nomad Capitals for the indie Nomad ID (and some other changes) - Lythrilux - 03-08-2016

Nomad named Rainbow.Bridge, does it matter? Actually the last few indie Nomads I had seen more often than not DID have similiar K'Hara-style names at least. The notion of RP being centre focus here is overstated anyway. As I said the Omicrons ARE pvp-orientated. I'm not asking for restrictions to be lifted because I want the Omicrons to be filled with a fresh wave of indie Duks for me to spend hours having a telepathic picnic with; I want to shoot them and I want to get shot back.

So what if the RP quality of indies is lower than the offical faction? That is often the norm here in Disco, it is to be expected. However, if you encourage your indies to name their vessels appropriately, the majority will do that. Note I said majority. Yes, there will be bad eggs, as there is in any NPC faction. I think it's silly to just curbstomp this idea and push it completely off the radar just because the indies might not be as 100% solid in RP and as perfect as the official faction is.

What makes the Nomads, Nomads, is what made them the Nomads in the SP campaign: An ever present threat of highly technologically advanced and powerful aliens with very large numbers to back up a war mission that could wipe out humanity. In bare bones terms, the indies just need to RP Nomads from Vanilla at least. And heck, most will probably do that because they'll pick up the ID because "hey! these are the bad guys in the SP campaign! I wouldn't mind playing as them.".

So there's a Nomad Marduk threatening people at the Freeport... isn't that what they're supposed to be doing? Being a threat? And doesn't it give Core and Order the oppertunity to further solidify their own lore?

Speaking of lore, there's a great disconnect right now. With the recent Omicron layout changes, some infocards have been added to reflect an apparent 'surge' in the Nomad's activity and their agenda. "The Nomads are coming!" is what the people are crying. Yet, there's barely any indication of this in game. Honestly, I've never really had the impression that Nomads were any sort of major force in the Omicrons at all until someone showed me the relevant lore bits. Expanding the ID would certainly help with this.

And then there's those who cry that the Nomads aren't scary enough. Perhaps this is the solution. 5 axe weilding murderers is scarier than 1 axe weilding murderer. Not speaking from experience of course, but doing the math I wouldn't want to be in the position of someone being stared down by that.

So yes, I do want to see more Marduks in the Omicrons. No, I won't agree to the point that they'll be 'barely RP insta engaging Nomads' because chances have it they'll probably be just as good/bad as any other indies in the Omicrons.

Another point: I think it does really suck that Core| and Order| just rarely ever have the opperuntiy to shoot Nomads. Dare I say that has lead to them shooting each other more than they should have been, which has lead to some of the animosity that has affilicted both factions in the past and perhaps still does today. It's pretty said how both factions have pretty much never been able to raid Iota in so long because there's literally no one to show up.

And to be honest if these indies do show murky RP maybe, just maybe, K'Hara could actually fufill one of their roles as an official faction and look after their indies? You know, show them the ropes. Get them involved in the activity. Build the Nomad playerbase into a community.

RE: Allow Nomad Capitals for the indie Nomad ID (and some other changes) - HuggieSunrise - 03-08-2016

all this will do is nerf my faction when the marduk tidal wave surges. and the week after the nerfs youl see just as many as there are now.

RE: Allow Nomad Capitals for the indie Nomad ID (and some other changes) - Lythrilux - 03-08-2016

With no disrespect meant to you - if all that is keeping K'Hara alive is their strangehold over the indie Nomad ID and the freedoms/restrictions within it, doesn't that show that K'Hara perhaps lacks substance? These changes shouldn't affect K'Hara at all, other than giving them indies to help them in combat.

I highly doubt that after a week Duk numbers would just dissolved. There's lots of potential capital targets in the Omicrons, and I'm sure capheads like Wesker or Titan would love to have a crack at shooting Makos and Ossies every now and again.

RE: Allow Nomad Capitals for the indie Nomad ID (and some other changes) - Sciamach - 03-08-2016

Special things stop being special when everyone has them.

(03-08-2016, 01:40 AM)Scourgeclaw Wrote: Special things stop being special when everyone has them.

And perhaps that is for the better then if it improves the region. I don't really see NPC Capital Ships as special anyway. Nomad caps aren't like unique SRPs. Now Ish'Tar, that is special. A Marduk? Eh, maybe after I've seen it the first few times it starts to become a normal occurance.

RE: Allow Nomad Capitals for the indie Nomad ID (and some other changes) - Wesker - 03-08-2016

(03-08-2016, 01:40 AM)Scourgeclaw Wrote: Special things stop being special when everyone has them.

The Marduk isn't that special though.

RE: Allow Nomad Capitals for the indie Nomad ID (and some other changes) - Wesker - 03-08-2016

(03-08-2016, 01:34 AM)HuggieSunrise Wrote: all this will do is nerf my faction when the marduk tidal wave surges. and the week after the nerfs youl see just as many as there are now.

Marduk isn't op though.

(03-08-2016, 01:25 AM)Ayngeh Wrote: Make cap ships utterly useless without snub support. Then make them unrestricted. Wait.... they already are, just not in some factions.

Anyway... nerf caps if you think they are OP.

I don't care if I hear Rainbow.Bridge:***-{Blamunge}-*** from a cap or a snub. Its stupid either way.

Caps aren't OP though.

(03-08-2016, 12:51 AM)Jack_Henderson Wrote: OKay. Then quote you, and this is not made up but was written by nomad trial:

XXXX:**..'Ours' ~learn/enjoy~ 'yours' (jolly)..**
XXXX:**..'Ours' ~joy~ -raging- 'Rockbadgers' (jolly)..**
XXXX: **..'Ours' ~joy~ ~farming~ 'Rockbadgers'..**

Do you want such people on Cruisers and Battleships?
And these were not even indies, but players who want to get into the official faction.

Imagine the amount of trolling, harrassing and generally idiocy become possible when you give your suggested ID to people that are even worse than these and who are not under control by anybody and do not have to justify their actions?

Also your ZoI is a joke!
Indie Marduks in Omega 7 and 3?
Thank you. No.

Hessians will just kill them anyways though.