Discovery Gaming Community
New line to Law ID - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: New line to Law ID (/showthread.php?tid=138598)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: New line to Law ID - Laura C. - 04-28-2016

(04-28-2016, 06:36 PM)sasapinjic Wrote:
Quote:§2.1.4.3. In case of 5 cargo units of contraband or less, law enforcer may waive from issuing fine and use only formal warning, if he sees fit.
Yes , this is good option , but lots of law players ( especially new ones ) don't know for it and don't use it , that is why i have suggested something similar to be entered in to ID of law units .
Important difference is that this law gives options. Law enforcer may waive, but also may not, it is up to his decision. What you propose is to remove options and enforce only one possible solution, which is on top of that very ooRP. Low quantity of contraband is still contraband and should be treated accordingly.

RE: New line to Law ID - sasapinjic - 04-28-2016

(04-28-2016, 06:52 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: It's up to roleplayers to teach others how to enforce the laws then, not the admins.
isn't easier and more eficient to trow in this line ( or similar ) to law ID then to explain it to every newbie ?

(04-28-2016, 07:02 PM)Laura C. Wrote:
(04-28-2016, 06:36 PM)sasapinjic Wrote:
Quote:§2.1.4.3. In case of 5 cargo units of contraband or less, law enforcer may waive from issuing fine and use only formal warning, if he sees fit.
Yes , this is good option , but lots of law players ( especially new ones ) don't know for it and don't use it , that is why i have suggested something similar to be entered in to ID of law units .
Important difference is that this law gives options. Law enforcer may waive, but also may not, it is up to his decision. What you propose is to remove options and enforce only one possible solution, which is on top of that very ooRP. Low quantity of contraband is still contraband and should be treated accordingly.
Ok , probably is better to have option like you suggest , to give option to law players to not punish players for small quantity of contraband , but in my opinion , it will still be better to that notification be on ID to , not only on forum , since new law players not checking all law on forums until they need it .

RE: New line to Law ID - Skorak - 04-28-2016

I wonder if we can give objects dynamic infocards. We could have a few satilites in houses that have the law in their infocards.

RE: New line to Law ID - Shiki - 04-28-2016

(04-28-2016, 07:24 PM)Skorak Wrote: I wonder if we can give objects dynamic infocards. We could have a few satilites in houses that have the law in their infocards.

I can remember the thread about it, I guess it had a poll.

RE: New line to Law ID - Lythrilux - 04-28-2016

(04-28-2016, 07:20 PM)sasapinjic Wrote:
(04-28-2016, 06:52 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: It's up to roleplayers to teach others how to enforce the laws then, not the admins.
isn't easier and more eficient to trow in this line ( or similar ) to law ID then to explain it to every newbie ?

We really don't need to dumb things down that much.

RE: New line to Law ID - sasapinjic - 04-28-2016

(04-28-2016, 07:33 PM)Lythrilux Wrote:
(04-28-2016, 07:20 PM)sasapinjic Wrote:

We really don't need to dumb things down that much.
I believe we do : i frequently have one or two contraband for prices , and in 9 of 10 cases , law players wont lisen to reason and demand me to pay fine and drop it , no mater RP i do !

RE: New line to Law ID - jide - 04-28-2016

i would agreed for "personnal use" drugs like synth mari, cardi and commodities like artifacts and blood diamonds. Shouldnt be in the ID tho. its should be up to the cops factions to set lines regarding or not if they allow it. Somes might close their eyes and others not. Like real life there is by-the-book cops and more friendly cops.

BUT it shouldnt be tolerated for all that is related to weapons. If its illegal to have a guns on you, or fly around with some nuke devices. I dont think any cops would take chance you go kill someone on planet X or go blow up part of a stations. Its why license are delivered for thos who carrying those.

RE: New line to Law ID - Anomander - 06-02-2016

I would love to see some updates in laws of houses on in Lawfull ID
it might create some opportunities to have some even more inRP fun
(for both sides - lawfull and owner of mentioned cargo).

To be frank I'm sick of blue-message-seeker-Lolw00ts who kill anyone on sight
for possessing eg. 1-2 units of some illegal / semi-illegal goods
(no matter do You have or not some inRP explanation)

RE: New line to Law ID - Morosz - 06-02-2016

Umm let me think about this..
No. As many people already stated above. House law and Server rules shouldn't be mixed. Also wheter or not you follow the house law or not is up to you. Both decisions have their own unique consequences. Deal with it.

RE: New line to Law ID - Thyrzul - 06-02-2016

No.