Discovery Gaming Community
Do you really "Roleplay" your character? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Do you really "Roleplay" your character? (/showthread.php?tid=142447)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Do you really "Roleplay" your character? - Kauket - 08-23-2016

Effort doesn't equate to time.

I still have some characters from 2009 lol. It's not hard to improve characters - all you have to do is change the details of it, and nothing is ruined. I don't see why characters HAVE to be unique. Trying to make uniqueness only makes it bland. Forcing another universe into an already set and existing one is just dull, boring, bland and repetitive.

Which it is actually considered importing to a degree.

I don't see why I should 'educate' myself when I've already said the main point. Universes shouldn't cross over or be merged, nor should fetishes be publicly catered to. References are fine though - nothing big, nothing impacting on the lore.

If anything, you should educate yourself since you constantly neglect to self-improve or to even change little details to a character, evolving it, fixing it or what not.

If you want to roleplay as a furry, there's plenty of other anthromorphic based communities out there.

RE: Do you really "Roleplay" your character? - Ace Razgriz - 08-23-2016

Maybe I should actually contribute to this thread...

I've had a lot of characters over my years, but most had no serious progress and were throwaways for factions or otherwise shoting things. I am heavily invested in my RP with Tantalus, a "sort of" import since I made him in 2012 but since I havent really started fleshing him out until the last year or so I've strayed away from that.

Also Miranda Nagase because that was once a throwaway character but some REALLY awesome stuff happened and its unbelievable the rp you get from characers you think you'll never get anything from. Me and @Zephyranthes can certainly say that about our characters.

RE: Do you really "Roleplay" your character? - Omi - 08-23-2016

Lots of my best characters started out as ships with names. Only a few of the ones I actually planned to be characters ended up actually being worth the effort.

I like to think I don't self-insert too much, but I also don't find myself ever capable of breaking entirely away from ooRP things like balancing fights, targeting specific people, or avoiding character(s) I'd rather not spend my time with. Then again, I don't think people should stop doing those things for the sake of RP purity anyway.

RE: Do you really "Roleplay" your character? - Vendetta - 08-23-2016

I mean pretty much all of my characters were ships with names, blandly following orders or robbing people until I had played them so long they became kind of sentimental and I felt the need to flesh them out. I'm still playing my second made character (2010) to this day, and I kind of like to think its not a self-insert. I don't know. I have a pretty poor sense of judgement on things like this.

Also let's not discuss Furries in Disco please. It was already ruled that they don't belong and it's pretty common sense that a fandom/fetish would have no place in a separate sci-fi universe.

RE: Do you really "Roleplay" your character? - Goldberg - 08-23-2016

Well... kinda funny that my charnames are RL name from friends or my family Smile

All of you know that my RP is 10/10 but sometimes I really enjoy to RP as a trader, no clue why, but I love it.

When I RP, I try to RP as the char, not like I would handle the situation.

RE: Do you really "Roleplay" your character? - Kanzler Niemann - 08-23-2016

(08-23-2016, 11:46 PM)Legionnaire Wrote: All of you know that my RP is 10/10

Yes ofc, 10/10 rp :> anyways Roleplay is something new for me to explore :3

RE: Do you really "Roleplay" your character? - Arbs - 08-23-2016

(08-23-2016, 11:47 PM)Wasserdrache Wrote:
(08-23-2016, 11:46 PM)Legionnaire Wrote: All of you know that my RP is 10/10

Yes ofc, 10/10 rp :> anyways Roleplay is something new for me to explore :3

Pvp is quality rp xD

And yeah i do RP my characters as well. Some of them are tied to some of my personality traits, some are a completely independent thing of their own. Gets you nice results as you connect better to your characters and your own little story.

And then theres some indie chars for pews and pure ingame fun! Can we call that uhh.. roleplaying an extra...?

RE: Do you really "Roleplay" your character? - Gaian_player - 08-24-2016

(08-23-2016, 11:29 PM)Omicega Wrote: Lots of my best characters started out as ships with names. Only a few of the ones I actually planned to be characters ended up actually being worth the effort.

I like to think I don't self-insert too much, but I also don't find myself ever capable of breaking entirely away from ooRP things like balancing fights, targeting specific people, or avoiding character(s) I'd rather not spend my time with. Then again, I don't think people should stop doing those things for the sake of RP purity anyway.

lucie lebonk worst char

RE: Do you really "Roleplay" your character? - Backo - 08-24-2016

I don't know, I feel kind of biased to judge myself. Though I do try to keep my character's personality once I figure out what it will be like, which usually happens after a few hours of flying it.

RE: Do you really "Roleplay" your character? - TheFreelancer - 08-24-2016

I just do my best to RP well, its all you can do!