Discovery Gaming Community
Want to Start developing? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+---- Forum: Freelancer Modding Tutorials (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+---- Thread: Want to Start developing? (/showthread.php?tid=15764)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Want to Start developing? - Seth Karlo - 03-02-2009

Hey, you need to split your model up into smaller sections.

Try selecting faces, and then pressing Ctrl + D, which will make a duplicate of that bit you selected. Then you can texture that individual bit.

It's long and tedious work I'm afraid:(

Want to Start developing? - tansytansey - 03-02-2009

' Wrote:Hey, you need to split your model up into smaller sections.

Try selecting faces, and then pressing Ctrl + D, which will make a duplicate of that bit you selected. Then you can texture that individual bit.

It's long and tedious work I'm afraid:(

Wouldn't that split up the wireframe? I found a better way anyways. You select the faces you want then press "Regroup" and it turns it into a new group, which can have a new texture.

Would still be nice to know how much, if any time, I have left to finish this model. I'm gonna probably do an all nighter to get it finished.

Want to Start developing? - Seth Karlo - 03-02-2009

For 4.85? It ain't gonna get in this late... sorry man:(

Want to Start developing? - Doom - 03-05-2009

' Wrote:Wouldn't that split up the wireframe? I found a better way anyways. You select the faces you want then press "Regroup" and it turns it into a new group, which can have a new texture.
this is right...and seth is wrong...

u must not duplicate faces when texturing...u need to regroup them into new group that u texture separately...Seth if u textured some ships that way i surely hope that u deleted original mesh after u were done...

Want to Start developing? - Seth Karlo - 03-06-2009

Yes, make duplicates, delete original.

But I've never been good at texturing anyway:(

Want to Start developing? - Friday - 03-20-2009

One question, is there a lexicon of some sort?

Something which defines the codes for bases/systems/objects and what have you?

EDIT: I did find Universe.ini .... might be useful!

EDIT2: No, all the bases are codified. Is there a relation between base code and name?

Want to Start developing? - tansytansey - 03-20-2009

each code name is linked to the base name in the freelancer.dll file in the exe folder. There's a program called FL ID or something which lets you read and edit them. I can't remember where I got it (I think I got it from a friend, not downloaded), and I'm not at my PC now so I can't upload it. Do a search for it, might be on Lancers reactor.

Want to Start developing? - patryn - 03-30-2009

ive notice that as you guys made it easier to dock big ships the chances for encountering npcs went down. it was a ghost town in 4.84 and it seems to be better in 4.85. how does one alter the npc enounter without messing up everything else?

Want to Start developing? - Linkus - 03-30-2009

In relation to the NPC encounters.
The more players on the server, the more lag.
The more players, the more NPCs that spawn since there are more people in different places.
Thus as the number of players increases on the server, the number of NPC encounters is reduced automatically by the server to help combat the increased lag.

From what I know, NPC encounters are based on each system file. The occurance or chance of occurance are specified there I think.
One of the other modders ought to be able to give you a better answer, encounters were never my specialty.

Want to Start developing? - patryn - 03-31-2009

im looking to increase the single player npc count (i have two discovery 4.85 mods, one for each mode of play). also how do you rename the mod in the manager? ive renamed one of the mod folders so to mimize the chance of the two versions interferring with each other but the names in the mod list are still the same.