Discovery Gaming Community
A Unconventional Call to Arms - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: A Unconventional Call to Arms (/showthread.php?tid=161459)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: A Unconventional Call to Arms - Nodoka Hanamura - 06-07-2018

Nodoka responds with a smile to Shinta, her focus moments later shifting to the Harpies. "Very well. I'll have her tasked to the Erlanger alongside Honya. You all can run hauling missions to get the funds going for when we hit drydock for the Seraphine's refit."

RE: A Unconventional Call to Arms - Jadon King - 06-10-2018

Cassiopeia looks to Shinta and Giggles. "I look forward to working with you Shinta. And don't worry, I'm not as harsh as others." Mark leans back after finishing his food. "So, thanks for the food, and thanks for the offer. Anything else on the agenda tonight?" Seline chuckles and nods to him. "Aye, food and announcing a new revolutionary movement is nice. But let's get into the real nitty gritty stuff. Sarcasm nearly dripping off of her words.

RE: A Unconventional Call to Arms - Nodoka Hanamura - 06-10-2018

Nodoka looks to the group. "I think it would only be suitable to discuss Where to go from here regarding how we'll deal with collaboration." She says, as she finishes her burrito. "Honya?" She continues, turning to her partner.

"Hai. I'm mostly done." She says, before wrapping up eating the ice cream she had gotten. The two stand up, and proceed to lead the way out towards the administration block to discuss specifics.

Bride and Alexei accordingly wrap up their meal moments later and follow Nodoka out of the mess hall.

CS ABDICANT SERAPHINE
OUTSIDE DERELICT BASE KLAKSVIK
WEST AVELMORE CLOUD
INVERNESS, AUXESIAN SPACE

MAY 30TH, 825 AS
0700Z

As the sun glares through the windows of the Seraphine, a new morning comes, and with it, the preparations for Cassiopeia, Shinta and Mercury's bodies. The Erlanger approaches with Alexei declaring to the Seraphine. "Seraphine, StarCat Transport Vessel Frederic d'Erlanger is requesting clearance to moor for transfer of AI to R&D Lab A."

Honya's voice is heard responding to Alexei's hail. "Frederic d'Erlanger, this is the Abdicant Seraphine, Mooring request is granted, proceed to moor with Airlock A, maintain speed of 5m/s."

"Erlanger copies all, proceeding to Airlock A." Alexei responds, only for a familiar Sunrider to appear.

"Doechajgi to Abdicant Seraphine, request clearance to land." Bride proclaims over the radio.

"Seraphine copies all, clear to land - be advised, Runways are closed for docking with Transport, proceed to Upper port hangar bay, contact approach on N/TACOM frequency 27 Yankee." Honya declares.

"Upper hangar bay, Contact approach, 27-Y, for Doechajgi." Bride answers.

Nodoka looks out from the bridge, watching the Erlanger dock with the ship. "Today's the big day, girls. Are you ready to Join Honya and Bride?"

Shinta and Mercury both materialize on the bridge looking to Nodoka, Shinta smiling and Mercury somewhat hesitant. "It is not nessecary to do this. In fact - Operational functionality will be hindered by 27.29401%."

Shinta turns to Mercury. "Relax, Mercury-chan! Don't you want to know what it's like to live in the physical world?"

"My interest is present but insufficent to justify this operation."

Nodoka looks to Mercury. "Mercury, you need to learn to live a little. Even as an AI, you should enjoy life, not waste it away on constant intricate computation. Look at Honya. Even before her body she was just as functional as she is now, if not more so." She says whilst looking to Honya, observing the radar and communicating with the approaching ships.

Mercury also looks to her, seeing a smile upon her face. ".. I.. I fail to understand. You want me to.. not do my duty, Commander?"

"No. I want you to do your job, but I want you to live a life worth living whilst doing it. Whatever you want to do with your life, as long as it doesn't pose threat to us or Sirius at large, of course."

".. I see. You want me to.. live? To..." Mercury says, confused.

"Let me put it like this - This is your new tasking - Until the day you are to pass, You will, whilst not forgoing your computational abilities, emulate a human to the best of your ability. Do I make myself clear?" Nodoka says to Mercury, putting it into words she can comprehend.

"... Tasking recieved and in effect.. Commander." She says, attempting to give a small smile to Nodoka.

"Atta girl. Prepare yourself for a transplant."

"Aye, Aye - Commander." Mercury says as she dematerializes, leaving Shinta behind.

Nodoka steps down from her station to approach the quasi-hologram. "As for you, Shinta."

"Once your body is completed, you'll have a few weeks to spend getting orientated to how to operate your body, examinations and overall just relaxing. After that we'll be deploying you to Kusari. On the last week, we'll be submitting your application to Kishiro Technologies. Remember your tasking. Remember what you must do. If we have any new objectives for you, you will be briefed over the neural net via a secure Peer to Peer network we have set up for the many handlers and operatives we will have dedicated to this operation."

Shinta responds with a smiling salute. "Aye, Commander!~ I won't let you down!"

Nodoka answers with a smile of her own. "I know you won't. Do your best. Remember - if things do backfire - don't hesitate to do whatever you can to survive. We'll find a way to get you out of Kusari alive."

Shinta nods and bows to Nodoka, only to fade away as she begins to prepare herself for the transfer process. Nodoka moves up to the windows of the Bridge, with Honya behind her. "Hanamura-sensei, we will have company momentarily - Harpy Squadron is reported to be on station in Rolex +0015."

Nodoka places her hands behind her back and watch out into the nebula. "Excellent."

After a few minutes pass. A shape is seen cutting through the Nebula. Plowing it's way though the cloud, once the shadow grows closer it's features become clear. A Bustard Class carrier, the Hecate has arrived. "This is Corvo Anderson, the Hecate is formally requesting to moor with the Seraphine." The helmsman 'Crow' says as the mammoth vessel moves near the Carrier.

Honya responds with a surprised look on her face. "Hecate, Seraphine, Docking request denied, only heavy airlock for mooring is in use, please dispatch snubcraft or a transport for approach."

Nodoka looks to Honya. "You did tell them the Erlanger would be docking with the ship, right?"

She responds with a shake of the head. "Ie. I thought they knew that Mercury-san was on the Erlanger."

Nodoka groans, annoyed. "Erlanger, once you have delivered the package, unmoor immediately, Hecate hold short and await clearance to moor."

"Understood, Garuda will be dispatched to off load the precious cargo while we enter a pattern." Corvo says as the Spatial launches from the Hecate. Elena Chuckles as she approaches the Seraphine. "Garuda to Seraphine Traffic control, What is my landing vector? Also. Why didn't you put Mercury on a card like we did Cass? You had the stuff to do it." The ship slowly begins to circle the Carrier, waiting for orders.

"Seraphine copies all." Honya answers before moments later, replying to Birdie.

"Make Starboard Upper bay approach, vessel speed is null, advisory, Wreckage from Klaksvik is in flight path, adjust your approach accordingly. Contact the Airboss on N/TACOM Frequency 27 Yankee." Honya continues.

"We did. It's just we need the physical card for the procedure, Elena-chan."

The ship moves to begin it's flight path. "Roger, speed is null, creating safe pathing. Hey, bossman, this look good to you?" Elena says as a flight plan is sent to the Airboss, taking the Garuda around and underneath the wreck and to the bay. "If path is not clear please advise, or move the Seraphine to where pathing is clear please."

"Garuda, path is good, no visible deviation in debris, path is clear." The airboss declares.

"Landing Support Officer here. Garuda, deploy Anti-grav array for landing, approach is green."

"Array is active, speed is null, path is clear, coming in Airboss. Let's get Cass in her new home." Elena says as the Garuda completes the path and lands on the Seraphine. "We'll be waiting with baited breath Birdie." Mark says as the rest of the Harpies look on from the Hecate.