Discovery Gaming Community
@All Outcasts, stop this lolwuttery - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: @All Outcasts, stop this lolwuttery (/showthread.php?tid=165175)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: @All Outcasts, stop this lolwuttery - HassLHoFF™ - 10-13-2018

Well, imo this is just another point to be added to the list of stuff that is handled wrong in terms of nomads. I mean their story, appearance, lore, etc. have run a downward spiral in quality and especially logic since some time. The current amount of plotholes is massive sadly.
Though, nobody listens to me, so whatever.

@Tenacity However I think it is up to the nomad side to handle this issue and correct the relation between nomads and outcasts.

RE: @All Outcasts, stop this lolwuttery - Thunderer - 10-13-2018

It seems like you are a man @"Small Might" may be interested in.

RE: @All Outcasts, stop this lolwuttery - Sombs - 10-13-2018

Sean isn't interested in men, tho.

RE: @All Outcasts, stop this lolwuttery - Gladiator DW - 10-13-2018

@Tenacity I fully agree with you. But, as you can see, nobody cares about your opinion really. It is very sad, but still it is only thing that work here. Players, who playing forum instead of the game is always winning, and can do anything they want just because they want to outnumber enemies. We will see Nomad House soon, with traders etc., Outcasts and Corsairs will be friends and a part of Nomad house soon.

RE: @All Outcasts, stop this lolwuttery - Backo - 10-13-2018

Plenty of blame lays on the Nomad playerbase for allowing this to be honest. If Nomad players weren't the ones circlejerking with their friends on the OC ships they would've simply had to shoot the Outcasts once the rest of the human forces were dead. But none of that ever happened, or at least I was never a witness to such an encounter. And it's hardly the new nomad players to blame either as I've seen plenty of K'Hara players allying with Outcasts for the pure pvp advantage numerous times. There was even a base siege where I saw K'Hara battleships coming to help right click the PoB.

It's convenient and until not too recently in Discovery history the OCs were the only indie ID allowed to help the ayyyliens (now we have Nomad indies). As such it was the go-to ID for that behavior and whenever left unchecked turned the OCs into a poor man's Wilde ID whenever a nomad ship was around. I never particularly found the whole "worship the blue ayys that tried to conquer humanity in 800A.S." as the most interesting roleplay and seeing a whole nation-faction being turned into that for the sole lack of exploring other avenues that the Outcasts can offer kind of makes me sad. As such me and some friends who shared the same view created a faction that offered the other end of the spectrum - as a sort of counter-balance so to say.

But offering a faction that in it's roleplay tried to fight against Nomad influence over Malta, rather than encourage it with open arms kind of got us this reputation by the nomad-sided playerbase we've interacted with:
(10-13-2018, 07:41 AM)PRJKTLRD Wrote: The reality is that, since Commune moved away from OC as faction (though we were never truly OC, we were just part ofof the society) certain people took steps to break this OC - Nomad relationship and we now see them shooting both Commune and Nomads. Its like people decided to retconn the long previous years of RP, and we get the feel like they only exist just to shoot us. Thats the image they give.

Also just to be clear, we don't try to retconn anything. We fully acknowledge what previous powers of Malta did and the path the Crimson Cross lead Malta into. Hence why we try (and will continue) to fight against that in a much more aggressive manner than the National Council does. If there are people who also want to do so, they're free to join Legion Maltesa, if not - they are free to continue playing as they do. After all, the beauty of the ID is that it doesn't restrict you in either way, when it comes to "the Nomad question". Smile

RE: @All Outcasts, stop this lolwuttery - SnakThree - 10-13-2018

Always pointing fingers outwards, never towards yourselves uh. Although it is funny seeing player coming back after years, not able to ask around what he missed, and instantly start blaming others. Nomad players are just as guilty, if not more, for this trend.

RE: @All Outcasts, stop this lolwuttery - The Sovereign - 10-13-2018

Why was I summoned here?

RE: @All Outcasts, stop this lolwuttery - Maria - 10-13-2018

(10-13-2018, 01:43 PM)Small Might Wrote: Why was I summoned here?

Who knows why, Doge ?

RE: @All Outcasts, stop this lolwuttery - aerelm - 10-13-2018

Oh look, Tenacity is back, and so are his "Everyone stop this/that" threads!

Hmm... Now where did I leave that popcorn bucket that I had no use for lately?

RE: @All Outcasts, stop this lolwuttery - Lythrilux - 10-13-2018

Legion/Serenissima raid on Iota when???