Discovery Gaming Community
Cancelled - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Server Events (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=411)
+---- Forum: Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+---- Thread: Cancelled (/showthread.php?tid=166913)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: The Escape | Zoners vs Bretonia | Saturday, Dec 29th 19:00 UTC - Sombs - 12-28-2018

You're getting blamed if you don't alter the description of the event to something that isn't contradicting with what people have agreed. The BAF players here made that very clear. Stop being stubborn right at the beginning of this new faction. It's almost as if you're always looking for drama when you make a new faction.

RE: The Escape | Zoners vs Bretonia | Saturday, Dec 29th 19:00 UTC - Consensus Integrity Service - 12-28-2018

(12-28-2018, 04:59 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: You're getting blamed if you don't alter the description of the event to something that isn't contradicting with what people have agreed. The BAF players here made that very clear. Stop being stubborn right at the beginning of this new faction. It's almost as if you're always looking for drama when you make a new faction.

I don't get, what you guys are reading. The transport is unregistered, getting the scenario of an annexation "realistic", UNREGISTERED transports should be scanned.
The description does not state, that BAF hunts down refugee transports, nor attack it. It only states they fly towards it and the Zoners charge weapons and attack the BAF.

Excuse me, but I am not stubborn, when I just point out that people find strange interpretations between the lines.

RE: The Escape | Zoners vs Bretonia | Saturday, Dec 29th 19:00 UTC - Aazalot - 12-28-2018

Zoners wouldnt fly towards a ship being scanned and charge weapons off the bat unless they were ones specifically looking for a fight. So whoever was fielding battleships or whatever would be there to pick a fight and nothing more. Its a nonsense concept.

RE: The Escape | Zoners vs Bretonia | Saturday, Dec 29th 19:00 UTC - Lucas - 12-28-2018

It's fun how everyone is refusing to join some pew that might not even have RP consequences.

RE: The Escape | Zoners vs Bretonia | Saturday, Dec 29th 19:00 UTC - Capt. Henry Morgan - 12-28-2018

Honestly, I think all of the O49 RP since the Stirling was moved in should be retconned and give everyone involved a second chance to not make a total mess of it. Nobody planned for this story development, so it's no surprise it took us all off guard and we made a mess trying to hurry and accomodate all our various RP plans for it.

The invasion and annexation should've been pitched as the first step in an anti-Corsair campaign. It'd be an additional front in the Gallic war since Crete is allied with Gallia. Taking GC robs the Corsairs of a major food source and is a good way for Bretonia to put pressure on them. The Zoners should've been at best an afterthought.

Since that's not going to happen, though, we'll have to try to untangle things as we go. This event isn't going to do it, though. Bretonia might be an imperialist, expansionist power, but it's not into genocide or shooting refugee transports. I'm not opposed to doing something, but forcing Bretland to act out of character isn't it. I'd go back to the drawing board and coordinate with the Admiralty Board for an event that works for everyone.

RE: The Escape | Zoners vs Bretonia | Saturday, Dec 29th 19:00 UTC - Lord Chaos - 12-28-2018

Well as a Zoner and a BAF , i think its time to say it bluntly:

Bretonia players DO NOT WHANT to invade Omega 49
- Doesnt make sense to start another war front right in the backyard when resources are stretched as it is .

Zoner players DO NOT WHANT to fight vs Bretonia
- Doesnt really matter for Zoners who owns the Planet, that rarely interferes with Zoner activity and even OSI didnt show any problem with it (as far as im concerned they are the Zoner autority there)

Its already a lil bit out of context and logic that a deserted (playerwise) House is the most powerfull one and fights everyone and wins (Galia), now the already smashed to smithereens Bretonia anexes a backyard system, this would divide forces in 2 war fronts wich is strategicaly a bad joke.

So, poin is, although the story devs decided it to go this way that doesnt mean the players are willing to go down that road, so, making events on and around this situationit... well really doesnt look interesting ya know?
Plus these few problems with the event itself:
Bretonia shooting refugee vessels??? really???
Zoners shooting Brets without them atacking first in defence of the refugee ship the Brets will NOT fire uppon?
As a lover of bouth sides on this.... I think nothing makes sense for either RPs on these 2 factions.
(and believe me i am one of those guys that whant to get the Zoners pewing everything)
Best regards

RE: The Escape | Zoners vs Bretonia | Saturday, Dec 29th 19:00 UTC - Aazalot - 12-28-2018

Unless you have people being "la Zoner resistance" which is yet to be fully established if at all started, then normal Zoners arnt going to just shoot BAF for scanning transports, especially considering that would just put those on the transports at risk along with themselves. As i said in my other post the only people who are going to show up are those wanting to pick a fight which is fine in one regard but as we saw with ABZ once your branded you have a chance to drag every Zoner into the fight. So unless your willing it to be "Consensus" V "BAF" and its Consensus ships fighting the good fight all that will happen is a target will end up on everyone.

If you wanna do this sort of thing a name needs to be put to those Zoners who are going to fight

RE: The Escape | Zoners vs Bretonia | Saturday, Dec 29th 19:00 UTC - Capt. Henry Morgan - 12-28-2018

(12-28-2018, 05:20 PM)Cpt. Dillan Hunt Wrote: Bretonia players DO NOT WHANT to invade Omega 49
- Doesnt make sense to start another war front right in the backyard when resources are stretched as it is .

I do, just not now. My main objection is timing. A territorial grab doesn't make sense now. I'd rather do it after Gallia's been sorted. After all, the only reason we didn't do this 10 years ago was because of the Tau War. The Port Jackson RP was Bretonia's way of using diplomacy to secure a foothold for a later annexation.

As I said, though, putching it as part of the Gallic War would at least be justifiable. The Corsairs are allied with Gallia, and bringing the battle to them in 49 relieves some pressure on NL and Cambridge. The way it was actually handled just made a mess and a lot of drama.

RE: The Escape | Zoners vs Bretonia | Saturday, Dec 29th 19:00 UTC - Lusitano - 12-28-2018

well ... first the reason i will not participate in this is because saturday is my fun day and i'm out! real life comes first! second is ... well ... this all is kind of pathetic! so a house that is losinga war full of enemies decides to invade a peacefull planet from faction that is friendly with some few bretonia friends, and .. thats ok! The so call zoner friends that are also friends of bretonia say .. oh ok! we will give some place on out lands and we all be happy together!" the only real reaction i saw was a message from the 5th fleet and from a order faction, the rest forget it! and also how bretonia got 1,8 million soldiers and how they get it in the planet? someone already explained that?!! also ... the dev some time ago decided to make a zoner "faction" , the zoner militant to recover a base that was abandoned by the zoners on a system that don't have any interest, and it even place a base, a carrier called Tarrafal ... first of it nobody wanted to know about it but they still are there, and will the carrier continue there? welll ... if we look at the name ... tarrafal is a island on the atlantic .. like gran canaria and lanzarote .. just an idea!! Also ... after what we all knew from he beggining bretonia was going to take the planet, and since there was no action in game ... i don't play much but in the last days the only warship i saw there, after the invasion, was a order cruiser and just once. even yesterday i was in game for some hours and the system was empty almost all the time, and wasn't always empty because i was there and some traders that passed!!

other thing i would like to say, is why the devs made this if even the bretonian players didn't wanted and some even say that was stupid, and ... really no one wanted?! some say that rp is dying on this server ... i even saw some recent videos about it ... and ... why the devs did this without knowing if it was ok and expect that the few players that continue to play this, happly rp and go glady pew pew ? there are so many stories for pew pew and rp and so few players willing to that ... many of those stories are forgotten!!!

one advice for the devs if any decides to read this .. make it simple ok? don't invent too much because it is not worthy and the community is not big enough and it is not motiveted to continue this way, otherwise the most visited system wouldn't conn!!

take care all and happy new year Smile

RE: The Escape | Zoners vs Bretonia | Saturday, Dec 29th 19:00 UTC - Enkidu - 12-28-2018

It makes sense for a Bretonian proxy to be doing this rather than the actual BAF. The Stirling being there is totally okay however.