Discovery Gaming Community
everyone donate 10$ - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: everyone donate 10$ (/showthread.php?tid=17427)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

everyone donate 10$ - Immunity - 03-10-2009

' Wrote:How about putting a better Core 2 Duo - probably an Extreme series and using Phase cooling....
That's the only way to push the CPU core higher...
Or just put the entire computer tower in the mini fridge.

everyone donate 10$ - Grimly - 03-10-2009

I'm actually making some libraries to make servers in java and C++ a relative easy way.
Most of work will come from reverse engineering (cause it's about starting from almost nothing).

Once that long work is done, even a dual core 2Ghz would be able to host 1000 players.

PS : also a dev question, how to get planet/trade-lines positions from the ini files ?

everyone donate 10$ - BioHaZZarD99 - 03-10-2009

' Wrote:the high US ping is related to the distance morso then any other one factor.

Yes, distance is a major factor, but I've had <150 pings from eastern euro servers before, so it can be done. I don't expect 40-60 pings, that's near-impossible, but 100-130 would be nice, and give me (and other North/South American players) that added bonus in larger dogfights.

' Wrote:From memory, she's at 4Ghz now...majkp might try to increase it to 4.5 sometime soon.

According to the wiki site, it's only at 3.38Ghz.

Discovery RP Wikipedia Wrote:Processor: INTEL Core 2 Duo E8400 - 3.38GHz, 1333MHz FSB, 6MB cache, socket 775

Maybe that needs to be updated then, if it's already at 4Ghz?

everyone donate 10$ - tansytansey - 03-10-2009

' Wrote:Yes, distance is a major factor, but I've had <150 pings from eastern euro servers before, so it can be done. I don't expect 40-60 pings, that's near-impossible, but 100-130 would be nice, and give me (and other North/South American players) that added bonus in larger dogfights.
According to the wiki site, it's only at 3.38Ghz.
Maybe that needs to be updated then, if it's already at 4Ghz?

Don't complain about 200ms Ping. I'm lucky if I get below 350.

I would donate $10... but with the market the way it is I'd have to donate $20 for you to get $10...

everyone donate 10$ - AJBeast - 03-10-2009

Fortunatelly i dont have any lagg. But i spend a crap load of money every month for good internet ( not me ... but my mom anyways:P).

I would donate, but unfortunatelly i blew all my money on Gears 2 last month x_x Money well spent tbh:P

everyone donate 10$ - Camtheman Of Freelancer4Ever - 03-10-2009

Well, i dont know if the euro is much higher than our $ but, If our enonomy colapses, the whole world's will, because we buy all your european crap, even i do, you people make great chocolate :lol:.

But anyways, I am from Detwa, Michigan, and i get constant pings of 150 (more or less, sometimes i get lower) and i dont lag much in fights, If i do lag, most other people are and when it lags then its not about distance.