Discovery Gaming Community
Cannonball Missiles - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Cannonball Missiles (/showthread.php?tid=19556)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Cannonball Missiles - Grumblesaur - 04-22-2009

There's also the test we did with CBalls in Braunschweig, Zein.

We also tested Starkillers, which are basically missiles now. D:

CBalls hit 8/10 times and Starkillers 7/10, I think.

Cannonball Missiles - Orin - 04-22-2009

You're kidding, who was getting hit 7/10 with Starkillers? That's awful, they still track horribly. Even in straight on jousts minor turning and strafe gets you out of the line of fire.

Cannonball Missiles - Grumblesaur - 04-22-2009

' Wrote:You're kidding, who was getting hit 7/10 with Starkillers? That's awful, they still track horribly. Even in straight on jousts minor turning and strafe gets you out of the line of fire.

What do you think I was doing?

Cannonball Missiles - Orin - 04-22-2009

I'm not sure what you're doing wrong. Not even thinking I dodge 9/10 in a Fafnir, not to mention in that one battle, the Wrath probably dodged 19/20.

>_>

Never mind that, though. Missiles only, I think this thread is.

Cannonball Missiles - Leadcrows - 04-22-2009

I see most of you confuse a lot of things about missiles.
The reason that Cannonball sometimes hit that well is very simple.
Look at the different explosion range of the missiles:
Cannonball 40m
Sidewinder 35m
Firestalker 35m

When you fire Cannonball in close positions, it has an advantage of 5m explosion range, it is quite much if you imagine it is a 360 Zone, a bubble...
Against CM's the explosion range also is an advantage, even if the CM works the explosion bubble still is bigger and COULD reach you.
Good tracking stats often do not play that much of a role because of minor lags and not perfect tracking system alltogether in FL, but the explosion range always is there.
CB sometimes even CAN hit better from long distances than other missiles, its all about the moment, luck, explosion range, CM and player tactics.

This is one of the good reasons to use guns, you always can rely that it WILL hit when you shoot and there is no risk of implosion.

Cannonball Missiles - Walker - 04-23-2009

I've flown for years... And anyone can attest that my Liberator is nigh-unhittable...

In 4.84 I didnt worry about Missiles and I easily dodged them...

.85 I do the same thing I did in .84 and I get hit by missiles...

A total idiot in dog-fighting that is PROBABLY the worst player here won against my Liberator just because he pressed the fire missiles button constantly... Even if I CD'd them...

Something is wrong here - And the next person who tries to deny it gets a foot somewhere obscure.

Cannonball Missiles - Spear - 04-23-2009

' Wrote:I've flown for years... And anyone can attest that my Liberator is nigh-unhittable...

In 4.84 I didnt worry about Missiles and I easily dodged them...

.85 I do the same thing I did in .84 and I get hit by missiles...

A total idiot in dog-fighting that is PROBABLY the worst player here won against my Liberator just because he pressed the fire missiles button constantly... Even if I CD'd them...

Something is wrong here - And the next person who tries to deny it gets a foot somewhere obscure.

*Coughs

:P

Cannonball Missiles - Walker - 04-23-2009

No it wasn't you...

But now that your name comes into the equation...

Do we really wanna go against Spear with missiles like they are? The world will burn...

Cannonball Missiles - Spear - 04-23-2009

' Wrote:No it wasn't you...

But now that your name comes into the equation...

Do we really wanna go against Spear with missiles like they are? The world will burn...

Thanks, I think :D

Seriously though I'm not sure there is a problem, I've had a few PVP's since the new version against and not against missile user's. Light fighters remain almost unhittable unless your timing is awesome. I even fought a civillian bomber today who did a most impressive job of avoiding my missiles. He's not been alone, avoiding and using missiles is a matter of skill, luck and timing. With limited ammo and almost useless in group fights, I dont feel they are unbalanced.

It's all about tatics, if you choose to charge at your opponent like a fat man heading to a buffet then expect to get a sore face from a missile. Instead utilise drifting around your opponent, do not charge head on.

Cannonball Missiles - DragonLancer - 04-23-2009

From my experience the CBs are fine, now.
The problem is the lag or the plugins or something.
Even if the /ping stats are ok i got the feeling the server delays the data somehow.

Hey LC, Walker is begging for sum beating;)