Discovery Gaming Community
Happy Birthday Darius - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Forum: Birthday Threads (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Thread: Happy Birthday Darius (/showthread.php?tid=204196)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Happy Birthday Darius - Alx21 - 07-30-2024

Happy birthday!

RE: Happy Birthday Darius - Sombs - 07-30-2024

Happy birthday! Check the Suhl anomaly for your birthday present!

RE: Happy Birthday Darius - TheDoctorXI - 07-30-2024

Happy Birthday, Darius. Hope you have, or are having, a great day!

RE: Happy Birthday Darius - Darius - 07-30-2024

Thank you, all, for the good wishes. I may not have the time nor will I strive to respond to each and every comment here (something I hope I'll be forgiven for), but I do want to drop a few. perhaps short, thanks and wishes too.

First, I'll begin by saying that I'm very happy to see that the community has grown to give me a second chance, if I may put it that way. It has been number one priority since the day I got put on the bench back last year in October to, when I do eventually return, mend all broken relations as best as possible and try to maintain communication with as many people as possible, something not difficult per se for someone of my stature, knowing most of the "big names", but something difficult in the context of my past reputation and the, for better or worse, competitive scene of most Discovery groups. I do want to continue, to the best of my abilities, down this path, so I thank everyone for working with me still and forging a new identity, one working for the better of our small-ish community, rather than fighting to divide it further.

On this, I'd also like to thank the BAF| for welcoming me back. I'm not sure how many will actually get to reading this message, but I am very happy that we moved over That Unfortunate Day tm from last year so we can uphold our old traditions of serving the server, as much as possible, as a bastion for the lawful side of gameplay affairs, but also for upholding its friendly nature -- we're all good ol' chums there and drama is avoided, focusing instead on puns and talks with oldies such as Pepe (We need you buddy, please come back Sad ). I also want to thank those in the other navy groups for being by our side in putting the faction back in the spotlight, from Werd- Governor Tekagi, to Ross, Arne and Barrier (special shout to Barrier for being Simply Epic in his position as Rheinwehr 1ic), to Arbs over in the good old First Fleet. This extends, however, not only to them, but also to the Mollys of RPA|, with whom I hope we can continue spreading love ooRPly and hate inRPly, to quote Antonio's favorite motto, despite some recent disagreements.

Besides this, there are also a few people I'd like to mention here for being very good friends and ones I can look up to and continue working to improve, where possible, whatever groups I am in (or staff, maybe down the line, to play on the joke of "you need to be banned to be a staff member); to Hope, Frostpfote, Wasser, Enkk, Luminium, Aston, Vladimir, Petitioner, L1ght, Groshyr, Fab; I wish you all the best too and, once more, a big thanks for being around still for my ups and downs. (I'd mention Werdi again here too but he called me Above Average Weight again today so sry you're getting put on the side for now)

There are, of course, many I haven't mentioned, as the list would go on-and-on -- if there's one thing I can mention without sounding too arrogant, that's that I couldn't get back where I am without YOU, every other member of the community here. It's my hope I can continue working with you all to improve this place and getting to know each other better. God willing, in some 2 weeks, it'll be 4 years since I joined as an, admittedly young lad, and I look forward to another 4 here, perhaps more, who's to say...?

I do apologise if I went on for too long, but I am very grateful, as I'm certain I've mentioned outside of this message too plenty of times, for how times have changed. Here's to a better rest of the year!

RE: Happy Birthday Darius - vladimir26 - 08-18-2024

(07-30-2024, 10:43 PM)Darius Wrote: I do want to continue, to the best of my abilities, down this path, so I thank everyone for working with me still and forging a new identity, one working for the better of our small-ish community, rather than fighting to divide it further.

(07-30-2024, 10:43 PM)Darius Wrote: It's my hope I can continue working with you all to improve this place

RE: Happy Birthday Darius - Darius - 08-18-2024

Yes, removing inactive bases from systems that are overly populated harms nobody and is always done by interacting with folks around. Matter of fact, as you well know already from another Discord, the Falcon dec will be removed soon as the base does actually help some folks around, which is completely fair and fine. The reactors and GMC, on the other hand, have been decaying for the better part of this month, with no traffic to them.

I will let history be the judge of whether or not removing a few inactive bases is good or bad for the game long term, considering how easy they are to construct and how prevalent they are anyways.

RE: Happy Birthday Darius - Steven.Hiller - 08-18-2024

-- Could admin please delete this post --

RE: Happy Birthday Darius - Sombs - 08-18-2024

Are you threatening with a report?

RE: Happy Birthday Darius - Darius - 08-18-2024

Yes well, I'll repeat, I don't think anyone has a need to worry about this given I've talked with folks around already since I woke up and the Falcon declaration will be removed. I'd like it if people didn't threaten me with random reports though, much more so in a birthday day and above everything with something they know full well wouldn't be enforced anyways because we have Existing Roleplay on the situation.

RE: Happy Birthday Darius - Chronicron - 08-18-2024

(6 hours ago)Steven.Hiller Wrote: Touch Falcon and you will sorely regret it thats all im saying to Darius

Are you threatening me, Master Jedi?