Discovery Gaming Community
Apologies - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Apologies (/showthread.php?tid=2292)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Apologies - JonatanRaven - 01-30-2007

Err, no it does NOT have RP in the name, I specifically checked that BEFORE I wrote my post.
I now even checked different sites that you're able to download the MOD from and it doesn't say anywhere that THIS server is an RP server. Now I could post a screenshot, but I think that's a bit extreme.

Well, password-locking the server has already been ruled out as you might have read in another thread.

Yeah, that kind of behaviour sucks, but ranting about it here doesn't help does it? On the other hand, what were you doing AFK out in space like that, seems a bit careless to me.

About Skylanzer you might want to read his last post in that other thread. To me that convinces me that I do have a point even more.

Can't even say I've ever seen one of them bombers. Isn't that kind of strange if 7 out of 10 use them?

You're entitled to your opinion, and I can understand that you're tired of people, but telling people to get the **** out doesn't really affect them does it? Especially not in the RP-forum right? I know you didn't start this topic, but still.

I think you're in the wrong part of sirius or hang around the wrong people mate. Most persons I've met so far are decent persons. I hope you're not saying I've been playing with the same five guys all along.

Apologies - TankTarget - 01-31-2007

Jonathan, I know you don't like me but I must say something to you. There are mostly people now just looking to fight and get their jollies off on the server..I can't even pirate anymore because of all the pvpers and I recently met an outcast group all flying RH bombers and claiming omi Alpha as their own even though another faction had claimed it a while back...Discovery is being destroyed by PVPers. I say we take FRAPS video of these server breakers and I say they be issued a warning by the admins to start RPing or go..

Mainly because there are literaly a thousand servers and 70% of them are PVP servers so why they bother us is beyond me... It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever that they would come here and my personal favorite non RPer I've seen is someone by the name of...drum roll please. Mik_e_mouse...I mean on what planet even on a pvp server does that belong?

I have seen other with names like this, [__/\__] that is in no way RP...Some of these people should be kicked on the basis of their names..like labia majora transporter...

I think the server should be made a password only server and that people should have to apply to the forums and make at least 50 posts before the password should be given to them..or at least make them right an RP story about their character... my 2 cents...

Apologies - BestFlyerHere - 01-31-2007

Quote:And disappear among the other innumerable servers around: No players online most of the time, 5 players online when you and your approved 5 closest friends get on. That would benefit Discovery..

First... I want to say go to hell. I have just as much a right to propose ideas as you, or anyone else in the whole community does. Are you going to be a dictator that tries to tell me what i can, and can't say? I'm sick of you flaming RPers who are trying to save the server in not exactly the same way you "supposedly" are.

I know for a fact that most of the RPers left on the server would play on my server if I created it. It wouldn't be official, so now you're saying i don't have the right to set up a private server? "Unofficial Discovery Roleplay 100% Certified by JonatanRaven Server 24/7" Would that please you, master? *sarcasm* I live to serve your every whim.

I have just as much right as anyone to say what i want. You didn't get flamed except for now:P, so give the same treatment to others!

Apologies - onca - 01-31-2007

@Tank: Mate I think it's a bit disingenuous to kick players based on their names. But having said that, I noticed there has been a distinct proliferation of 1337 badass cooldude handles of late.... neatly coinciding with all the PvP'er problems we started having. "If the cap fits...." I'm just waiting for the rock dots.

o.

Apologies - pchwang - 01-31-2007

I think that we should listen to BULLDOGNK's advice, and make the server subscription based. Players have to register on the forums within a few days, or else their char gets deleted.

After all, what good is a RP server WITHOUT a forum??

This, I believe, would not only cut down on PvPing, but would encourage RP, and allow forum admins to know who exactly is doing what.

Of course, this would involve more work for the existing forum mods...

Apologies - Dab - 01-31-2007

Well with our amount of new chars/accounts, people have multiple accounts. So I think maybe have a password and put it in the forum account creation process, so guests can't read it.

Apologies - pchwang - 01-31-2007

Good point. But existing players should register EACH char with the Admins, or the Char will be deleted.

Really, it should be based on online accounts. For instance, I made a forum account around 2 weeks before I actually had a char.

Apologies - JonatanRaven - 01-31-2007

Apologies - Koolmo - 01-31-2007

Raven, if you don't like it, get out. I may not approve of tank and best's faction or policies, but they do attempt to RP, and most of the time, they do an okay job.

And if you've never seen a bomber before, you haven't gone far from new york, or you've never been a naval faction player, the sector is swarming with them.

The fact that both the server and ModDB or wherever said nothing about the RP aspect doesn't make it okay to come in and not RP. Thats why I'm a fan of server registration. I don't care what your excuses are, the point is that not obeying the SPIRIT of the server rules and regs is as bad as disobeying the rules themselves.

Mods, can we flood this please?

Apologies - BestFlyerHere - 01-31-2007

Koolmo, I appreciate the support. I'm glad somebody understands what I'm talking about.