Discovery Gaming Community
Final version of new rules - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Final version of new rules (/showthread.php?tid=2335)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Final version of new rules - OrrinDymas - 02-05-2007

I respect the admins on this server enough to believe they can execute a nomad player policy that would add meaning to the experience.

Final version of new rules - TankTarget - 02-05-2007

Well the concept of Nomad tagged players and ID's is interesting...and it would offer something to more deadly and agressive terrorists. And perhaps it would even give the Phantoms more RP opportuinities. IE the C'Tan have an enemy that is challenging their power etc...

But if this thing is used right it could be a great RP tool or a tool for the pvp whores...

for instance wasn't there a clan a while back that was about the DomKavosh and how they were gonna restore their empire. A group like that could definately add to the RP of things...

Final version of new rules - Qunitinius~Verginix - 02-05-2007

Aye, I belive there was a clan a while abck like that, but I agree, nomads really would add much except for PvP things, unless they were used right. Not too mention, nomads are like aliens and having them fight like a human player would seam wrong....

Verginix Out

Final version of new rules - Wobbly - 02-05-2007

' Wrote:I respect the admins on this server enough to believe they can execute a nomad player policy that would add meaning to the experience.

Well, I'm sure that bought you some brownie points, but exactly how is this going add meaning to the experience, which is going to consist of a nomad tagged character logging in, attacking a player while posting gibberish in system chat, then killing, getting killed, or hanging out till time to go?

Final version of new rules - sushi - 02-05-2007

Question...What category exactly does the Spatial fall into?

I've been using it for my "true freelancer" character because it's halfway between a freighter and a fighter and suits him perfectly. I'm currently planning to get a Trader ID for him, but the rules for the Trader ID say that it only allows freighters and transports and such-like. Does the Spatial count as a freighter for these purposes? I just wanted to make sure that I would be OK having a Trader ID mounted on a Spatial.

Final version of new rules - Igiss - 02-05-2007

Spatial is super heavy fighter, this is a fighter. Freighters and fighters can carry any IDs present in the game.

Final version of new rules - OrrinDymas - 02-05-2007

' Wrote:(useless flametastic jab deleted) ...going to consist of a nomad tagged character logging in, attacking a player while posting gibberish in system chat, then killing, getting killed, or hanging out till time to go?

A player such as this would have his nomad tag revoked and or/banned, mainly for the 'hanging out till time to go." But more importantly a player like that would not be an appropriate choice if he/she doesn't behave like a nomad. Again, I point back to my suggestion that a nomad player not attack the same person more than once in a week, spread the violence. Gibberish in system chat only adds to the drama, as Nomads cannot speak our languages unless they inhabit our bodies. killing is at least 50% of what this game is about, getting killed is what happens to Nomads when organised factions hunt them down. There would be no complaining from NOMAD players if they got ganked by superior numbers, they would just die, gruesomly. If Nomads follow the other server rules and hold themselves to standards above the PvP sharks it will work.

Furthermore we can hide the identities of these nomads, they wouldn't post on the forums at all, but may hold other characters that they play at other times. This would help prevent RP breakdown as well as add more mystery/suspense to them.

Final version of new rules - Ant - 02-05-2007

Standard operating environment for Nomads is the Unknown sectors. If admins set Nomad players hostile to every other faction apart from Nomads and Zoners, it's probably going to be tough getting out of Unknown sectors.

The first players encountered by the Nomads would be the Pirate groups. Might keep them on edge a bit.

I'm not sure it would make much difference now though. The interest for many seems to have gone.:(

It would be pretty simple to set up characters though.
PM to admin with request and Nomad character name(Nomad-shiptype-number). Player required to provide sufficient funds initially to keep them operating(50 million might be a good start).
Nomad ID diasables tractor beam so there is no incentive for killing all. Give a zone where Nomads can operate and set them loose.

Final version of new rules - Wobbly - 02-05-2007

' Wrote:A player such as this would have his nomad tag revoked and or/banned, mainly for the 'hanging out till time to go."

Why? Nomads hang out in unknown all the time.

OK, your a Nomad, you log on, say in a nomad BS or maybe a GB. You leave Unknown and what's there? The two or three trains doing the corfu to cambridge thing. You blow them up and post "ouedfg174fd9o" in system chat. Cool, lots of RP there. So then you see what other targets there are, maybe someone in a battlestar in Cambrige, maybe a BS in Kusari. So you fight your way through unfriendly territory to reach there, have a fight. You maybe win, you maybe lose, then it's time to go take out the trash and you log off.

What did that add to RP specifically? Cause I am just not seeing it.

Final version of new rules - Alpha 429 - 02-05-2007

' Wrote:Why? Nomads hang out in unknown all the time.

OK, your a Nomad, you log on, say in a nomad BS or maybe a GB. You leave Unknown and what's there? The two or three trains doing the corfu to cambridge thing. You blow them up and post "ouedfg174fd9o" in system chat. Cool, lots of RP there. So then you see what other targets there are, maybe someone in a battlestar in Cambrige, maybe a BS in Kusari. So you fight your way through unfriendly territory to reach there, have a fight. You maybe win, you maybe lose, then it's time to go take out the trash and you log off.

What did that add to RP specifically? Cause I am just not seeing it.
Apparently you dont see a lot of things wobbly but we all knew that already. That would mean that the nomads have launched and attack against the BAF (and the SF) or the KNF in Kusari. Yes they have blasted a path through to the system and engaged. If they lose then well nomad goes squish, like normal, if they win then we can make an RP story of the consequences. Hell we did it before when the phantoms and ther nomad allies captured an sso| BS in Cambridge. McNeo willingly assumed the role of a bad guy for a while until the SF eventually destroyed him thus ending the threat in Cambridge. That is the kind and standard of RP that many here want to be able to participate in and hopefully we will return to this soon now that new rules are in place. It's not that hard wobbly, tell me you understand now.