Discovery Gaming Community
Aoi Iseijin Faction Proposal - Feedback please - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Aoi Iseijin Faction Proposal - Feedback please (/showthread.php?tid=25919)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Aoi Iseijin Faction Proposal - Feedback please - FooFighter - 09-03-2009

' Wrote:Anywho, what will you do? More cliche "Destroy All Humans, provide for hearth and home, oh, P.S. Admiral Akbar approves of our strategies" or... I don't fully understand what you'd do. Trap people? Marvelous. Trade, it seems. Hunt things. Long term RP goals probably include taking over Kusari, but I think a lot of us are of the opinion that that's just crazy/RP jargon and would never happen so...

Ehm. In short, it seems like a rather... Shallow concept? And yes, I did read the whole post, in case I missed something.

Well, when it comes down to it, pretty much every faction here can be summed up that way. Pirates: "Pirate as many people as possible and get rich doing it, maybe get involved into a few shady deals", House Military: "Fight pirates and terrorists and wage war against House X", etc. Yes, if you reduce everything to the bare bones, you might say that our agenda basically is "Infect people, undermine humanity, provide resources to keep our campaign going, Admiral Akbar loves us". But there is always more to factions than their basic premise (else, every faction here would be rather boring, no?).

' Wrote:Oh! One final note, I think that perhaps if you're one of the people (like me) who consider an IFF to show up on your ship's 'display' or whatever you like, that flashing WILDE! is sort of counterproductive to the stealth aspect... As well as the,

I don't think the ID's would be the problem, but rather flashing signals of known Rheinland infected. But I also get that factions must have a matching IFF. Just an anomaly I found. Perhaps unavoidable, but with the unanimous support of this community's heavy hitters (as is inevitable), something could probably be made understood.

I actually agree with you here. We've talked about using no IFF a while ago, but the general consensus was that it was unlikely to happen. We will probably talk with the administration about this again. Let's see.

Aoi Iseijin Faction Proposal - Feedback please - Janus - 09-03-2009

' Wrote:I actually agree with you here. We've talked about using no IFF a while ago, but the general consensus was that it was unlikely to happen. We will probably talk with the administration about this again. Let's see.

I think it's a problem that afflicts all "stealth" factions, not just the the Isejiin. At the moment, the only one that comes close is Freelancer or untagged, you can't tell what they really are until you get close enough to scan IDs.

Aoi Iseijin Faction Proposal - Feedback please - darthbeck - 09-03-2009

this has my support.

Aoi Iseijin Faction Proposal - Feedback please - reavengitair - 09-03-2009

I like it, but when I made an RP story about an Aoi Iseijin, I was kinda yelled at by the leader of das wilde.

I assume that this is a separate group? Or am I still being yelled at...

Aoi Iseijin Faction Proposal - Feedback please - Exile - 09-03-2009

No more yelling. Just pm them to either Zapp, Nathrael or me. Recruitment will be open after officiality is reached. (If it is)

Aoi Iseijin Faction Proposal - Feedback please - Exsiled_one - 09-03-2009

question? will you be forming alliances? and trade chances and everything? because promotoing further friendly and unfriendly rp is the goal of every faction

Aoi Iseijin Faction Proposal - Feedback please - Exile - 09-03-2009

You have to keep in mind that whilst they may act Human, the AI are still Nomads. Think of them as the Eldar from warhammer 40k. They'll trick you, make you do their bidding and sometimes even act as if they trust you and need you, then they spring the trap. So, I don't think alliances will be very likely. Also because of the fact that most trappers (the main force) act like members from different factions. That'd be a cluster screwup.

Aoi Iseijin Faction Proposal - Feedback please - Exsiled_one - 09-03-2009

Well, alright. In absence of different things i can see how that is ok. tho, i would like them developing some relations, at least neutral. Not that I'm aiming for someone, I'ld just like to see more factions where someone says "oh, [faction]!" then "oh... faction.. :/ "

Aoi Iseijin Faction Proposal - Feedback please - Horon - 09-03-2009

' Wrote:Oh come on, kusari is already overpirated, now this...

Then WE need to make more police characters for Kusari. Thats YOU, ME, and everyone else. :dry:

Aoi Iseijin Faction Proposal - Feedback please - Exile - 09-04-2009

Why would a Nomad ally with something Human, Ivan? Nomads have never done that before. OC-Nom, neutralish at best. Never allied. I personaly don't see a reason why the AI should be any different, though, considdering this is still in it's babyshoes, who knows what might happen.