Discovery Gaming Community
Any other trade-abstainers? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Any other trade-abstainers? (/showthread.php?tid=28072)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Any other trade-abstainers? - Camtheman Of Freelancer4Ever - 10-13-2009

I always powertraded on the dead nights, no AFA, nothing.

And I still got my coffers filled.

Now, thankfully, Ive got many 25m per route completed trade routes that have very little to no pirates.

Lucky me.

One of those days on my RBS in 4.84 I killed three OC dessies at the same time that were camping there... Ah... good times.

Any other trade-abstainers? - Canadianguy - 10-13-2009

I am powertrading, currently having about 250 mils, but I dont know what to do with it.
I just get more money, hoping to find something to do with it.

I might get myself a LPI Prison Liner.

Any other trade-abstainers? - lw'nafh - 10-13-2009

I have sinned, for I have powertraded... Well, only recently, so....:P

Any other trade-abstainers? - Bazza - 10-13-2009

Too lazy to powertrade. Money sort of piled up floating around doing odd trade routes in between collecting scrap, cleaning up after fights or whatever else took my fancy.

Recently ninjabought myself a cruiser. Not getting in it just yet, got big plans for it.;)

Any other trade-abstainers? - FooFighter - 10-13-2009

I've been doing some PFI trading after .85 came out, but I've stopped it a few months ago. Trading is simply too much of a chore, especially since the reward, a capship, isn't that great anyways. Sure, I'd love to have one for the [1st] but mainly for the RP and not the PvP aspect, but screw that - while RP is worth a lot to me, it's not worth days of RP-low grinding (when I instead could actually be enjoying a *game*).

I finance all my chars through bounty hunting. It gets me enough cash to keep my chars repaired, and to occasionally buy me a new VHF or, if I save for some time, a GB. It might not be as "lucrative" as trading (haha), but at least it's fun.

Any other trade-abstainers? - Exsiled_one - 10-13-2009

why does everyone think trading is a chore?

Any other trade-abstainers? - r12crown - 10-13-2009

' Wrote:why does everyone think trading is a chore?

Because its fastest way to get money, and its definetly easiest.

Any other trade-abstainers? - BaconSoda - 10-14-2009

' Wrote:why does everyone think trading is a chore?

Because they haven't tried RPing a trader, I'd warrant.

Any other trade-abstainers? - Thexare - 10-14-2009

' Wrote:Because they haven't tried RPing a trader, I'd warrant.
Because they're not interested in RPing a trader, I would say that's more accurate.

Lemme give you a related example. You know why I don't have any 5k transports currently? Other than a lack of money, I mean. No corporation interests me even slightly. As an independent trader or leader of a small group, I can make my own diplomacy, I can go where I want (if I'm smart about it), I have some freedom. If I want to be constrained by corporate policy, I'll ask for extra days at work. I don't wanna deal with that crap in my free time.

I imagine that's got a lot to do with it for other people too; many of 'em have a dull, tedious job in real life, and they just can't get into RPing a trader.

Another contributing factor is that there's not as much publicity for the trade routes now as there was in 4.84. A lot of people knew profitable routes back then. Now, you don't hear about them so much.