Discovery Gaming Community
What do you do to keep trading fun? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: What do you do to keep trading fun? (/showthread.php?tid=29974)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

What do you do to keep trading fun? - jxie93 - 11-21-2009

I think the name of this topic should be:

"What do you do to keep power trading fun?, Because im bored sick of it and 300m short of my goal."

Powertrading is supposed to be boring.

If you window mode trade, the least you could do is to RP an AI controlled trade ship.

What do you do to keep trading fun? - Akura - 11-21-2009

Roleplay and powertrading?

Black and White.

Just find the other methods of money making...

What do you do to keep trading fun? - Bobthemanofsteel - 11-21-2009

I play windowed. but only to keep up with IMs, the forums, etc.

I lead a very busy online life! XD

Even still, when playing, Disco takes priority, and I feel my RP isn't lacking when trading.

What do you do to keep trading fun? - Camtheman Of Freelancer4Ever - 11-21-2009

I mean usually I can make 100,000,000$ in a day, in which I'd have my far goal of 1,500,000,000$ in about
11 days, but Im just SO bored with trading...

What makes trading powertrading? Having a goal to get to and trading for it? Bah.

Nothing to motivate me anymore... ugh...:(

What do you do to keep trading fun? - jxie93 - 11-21-2009

' Wrote:I mean usually I can make 100,000,000$ in a day, in which I'd have my far goal of 1,500,000,000$ in about

What makes trading powertrading? Having a goal to get to and trading for it? Bah.

[Image: LibAssaultCarrier-s.png]

The most expensive and useless cap in the mod?

Barge doesn't really count cos you're given it.

Otherwise.. Interact, RP with people, giving them money, donate to the Angels, instead of grinding credits in your powertrader.

What do you do to keep trading fun? - Montezuma/Kukulcan - 11-21-2009

' Wrote:I mean usually I can make 100,000,000$ in a day, in which I'd have my far goal of 1,500,000,000$ in about

Powertrading is trading with no goal other than to make as much money as you can in the shortest time you can, this can include behaviour such as; complete comm silence even when talked to, total lack or RP, unwillingness to talk to/cooperate with anyone and in some extreme cases rule lawyering/F1ing to get out or sticky situations. So by all means have a goal, just do not forsake everything else in persuit of it.

And as you can see, there is a plethora of reasons for powertraders to be dispised by all.

Seriously, if you want to make money fast, join a trading/mining faction, at least then you will be involved in some RPing, not just silent grinding, plus, in an active Bowex/BMM mining operation, i can -easily- make over 30 mil an hour while having fun and chatting with people. Compare that with making barely 25 mil an hour while having no fun at all, and RPing with no one.

What do you do to keep trading fun? - Camtheman Of Freelancer4Ever - 11-21-2009

Is it bad I like the second one better? lol I have a route i can make ~30-35m in a run, but its dangerous:)and involved gallia:)

I talk to people plenty on my smuggler, I always RP.

"DESE AINT ARTIFACTS! DESE BE TOYS FER DE CHILDREN OF KUSARI!"

What do you do to keep trading fun? - Bobthemanofsteel - 11-21-2009

Naw, gotta loves those Plat/silver runs to narita from Penn.

What do you do to keep trading fun? - Montezuma/Kukulcan - 11-21-2009

Let me guess, you have a Sirian corp IDed transport that lands on Gallic lawful bases?

In short, the only way to prevent the tedium of powertrading, as exciting as it may be, is to join a faction. Seriously, if you dont, you will die of boredom.