Discovery Gaming Community
Buff the Order VHF Bastet. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Discovery Mod Balance (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: Buff the Order VHF Bastet. (/showthread.php?tid=30781)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Buff the Order VHF Bastet. - CCI45-px/Probe149 - 12-09-2009

You know, you don't have to use class 10 guns at all, even if you have the possibility.
With Reapers, i can shoot for a very long time not running out of energy (50 salvos). It's nice as it is, there is asolutely no need to buff it.

Buff the Order VHF Bastet. - Sprolf - 12-09-2009

Ench, great math there, but you should know that you can only use two Nomad guns on one fighter at the same time. You aren't allowed any more.

But, you're quite mostly right indeed - it's teh pwnzor awready.

Buff the Order VHF Bastet. - Zelot - 12-09-2009

' Wrote:Here's some MathCraft.

And before some doltnugget gets the idea to say "OMG ONLY 2 NOMguNZ ALLOWED NUB!11one"...
GTFO, your own fault if you don't use the tools you've got at your disposal and limit them yourself.
It's not the bestest ship ever, but it fills a role and gets the job done.
Be merry, you got something unique and another option if this one fails anyway.
<div align="right][Image: 35aogew.jpg]

Buff the Order VHF Bastet. - Tommeh - 12-09-2009

' Wrote:Here's some MathCraft.

You have a Bastet.
That Bastet features six Class 10 slots.
That same Bastet features an Eagle's powercore.

Now picture some beefy gunnery in those Class 10 slots.

Hmm, all those calculations of yours don't count a thing when you actually flying that ship.
Tell me, how many times you think you can hit with what 16 800 hull damage, miss twice and energy vanishes before you let go mouse click. All that damage is for nothing. cause it's impossible to hit every shot. Then you have to wait will energy recharges, so you can fir again, you hit 2,3 shots, and you miss 2,3 aswell. Energy is at zero again, and enemy recharges shields while your energy comes back.

So 6 x10 lvl slots doesn't mean anything, cause energy drain is to big, and when you compare damage made by 6x 10 lvl guns in for example 6 seconds, (you ran out of energy even sooner) and with other 4x 10 lvl+2 x9 lvl, chances are much bigger to deal more damage with normal 4x 10 lvl then with 6 x10 lvl.
As it means more to have a bit bigger powerplant with normal 4x 10 lvl guns, then to have crapy powerplant with 6x 10 lvl guns.
But, that's why we have 2 VHF.
I use nephhy anyway, as I am not some uber aimer, so I need bigger powerplant.

But my point is, those calculations don't mean a thing, as at end everything comes to how it acts in real combat and practice.
Numbers are not much helpful.

Buff the Order VHF Bastet. - Virus - 12-09-2009

' Wrote:Hmm, all those calculations of yours don't count a thing when you actually flying that ship.
Tell me, how many times you think you can hit with what 16 800 hull damage...?

Her? Hmm... Every single shot.
Me? Slightly less.

Just a matter of timing and flying the ship properly.

Bastet:

Easy to use.
Hard to master.

Hey, it takes some skill to use right.
That's nifty.

Buff the Order VHF Bastet. - Tommeh - 12-09-2009

Hmm, well, I tried flying it, I failed.
Srsly, hit with every single shot?:wacko:

Heh, and that "Just" is not so easy as it sounds, actually, I don't think there is many people who knows to use it properly.
But I didn't say it needs buff anyway. Just stated my opinion on all those calculations.

See what I just said:

' Wrote:Bastet:

Easy to use.
Hard to master.

We need more ships like this.

Buff the Order VHF Bastet. - Tovig - 12-09-2009

Quote:nd before some doltnugget gets the idea to say "OMG ONLY 2 NOMguNZ ALLOWED NUB!11one"...
GTFO, your own fault if you don't use the tools you've got at your disposal and limit them yourself.

We don't restrict ourselves. It's a rules stated by Admins or something. No more than 2 Nomads guns per Order ship. Because we will be already all with Bastet fitted with 6 Nommies Blasters.

Buff the Order VHF Bastet. - tansytansey - 12-09-2009

I'm wondering why this thread is still going on when the answers are on the first page...