Discovery Gaming Community
Corsair Battleship conceptual ideas - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+---- Forum: Discovery Unofficial Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=389)
+----- Forum: Discovery Mod Content Submissions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+----- Thread: Corsair Battleship conceptual ideas (/showthread.php?tid=33462)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Corsair Battleship conceptual ideas - Elven - 01-23-2010

Uhmm, I think.. Corsair Ossie should have painting on it, should be enough.

Corsair Battleship conceptual ideas - Curios - 01-23-2010

yea, its not a new ship actually. Corsairs are modified the old one given by order for own usage. In the last model Tanacity posted im just for removing horns and making front side like a Imperator GB, and remodeling of that wings. Addtional engines probably didint works just becouse of engine effect. OR we are making a one big engine like now, or removing it and making a new multiple engines smaller size. Im for the old version.

Corsair Battleship conceptual ideas - Tovig - 01-24-2010

Just make a Corsair version of the Osiris, with horns, Corsairs colors and others stats.

Corsair Battleship conceptual ideas - HurricaneX - 01-30-2010

If this gets approved ill get one. Great work Tenacity

Corsair Battleship conceptual ideas - delbutler - 01-30-2010

Corsairs don't need another capital ship, anyway.

Look at the overall content of each factions cap ships, in an Outcast v. Corsair sort of way :

Corsairs have:

The Legate (dreadnought)
The Osiris (battleship)
The Praefect (cruiser)
The Imperator (gunboat)

Outcasts have :

The Ranseur (dreadnought)
The Sarissa (battleship)
The Tridente (gunboat)

Spot the difference ? Oh yeah, that's right, Corsairs have a cruiser class vessel, giving their fleet a bit more versatility. Corsairs don't need another battleship in their fleet complement.

And yes, before anyone says it, I know the armour and weps loadout on the Sarissa is superior to the Osiris, but it's not that wildly different to justify another ship being made available to the Corsairs. There's enough variety within the mod already.

Corsair Battleship conceptual ideas - Akura - 01-30-2010

' Wrote:Corsairs don't need another capital ship, anyway.

Look at the overall content of each factions cap ships, in an Outcast v. Corsair sort of way :

Corsairs have:

The Legate (dreadnought)
The Osiris (battleship)
The Praefect (cruiser)
The Imperator (gunboat)

Outcasts have :

The Sarissa (battleship)
The Tridente (gunboat)

Spot the difference ? Oh yeah, that's right, Corsairs have a cruiser class vessel, giving their fleet a bit more versatility. Corsairs don't need another battleship in their fleet complement.

And yes, before anyone says it, I know the armour and weps loadout on the Sarissa is superior to the Osiris, but it's not that wildly different to justify another ship being made available to the Corsairs. There's enough variety within the mod already.

Outcasts have the Storta Destroyer.

A Cruiser class ship...

And FYI, Osiris > Sarissa.

And Tena, if someone could model that... would be so much win.

Corsair Battleship conceptual ideas - ... kur nubÄ—go? - 01-30-2010

If you are going to remove osiris from corsair usage, don't forget to remove order - corsair alliance along with it.

Corsair Battleship conceptual ideas - Akura - 01-30-2010

' Wrote:If you are going to remove osiris from corsair usage, don't forget to remove order - corsair alliance along with it.

That has needed to collapse for a long time.

Corsair Battleship conceptual ideas - Varok - 01-30-2010

' Wrote:Corsairs don't need another capital ship, anyway.

Corsairs have:

The Legate (dreadnought)
The Osiris (battleship)
The Praefect (cruiser)
The Imperator (gunboat)

Outcasts have :

The Sarissa (battleship)
The Tridente (gunboat)

Please shut it :lol:

There is no difference between Corsairs and Outcasts at shipline, but it could be if we view the problem from another angle...

The Osiris Battleship it's an Order battleship,not an Corsair one.
The Outcasts have their own ships and Corsairs are missing an battleship.

Anyway I dont care about neither of them.:lol:

Corsair Battleship conceptual ideas - frozen - 01-30-2010

' Wrote:about the proposed design-

The shape and general build doesn't exactly seem to fit into the rest of the corsair ships, not to mention the texture (color and style) doesnt match freelancer either. if it were to be added, you'd have to find someone to texture and hitbox it for freeelancer, not to mention hardpoint it, and make sure that its not copyrighted, and that you can actually use the model for other games/mods etc.

about the concept-

i dont see any reason for the corsairs to get another battleship. they have the heavy dreadnoughts, and then they have the "lower grade" (in RP terms that is) osiris light battleship hull customized to fit the corsair nation, both of which do their job, and rather thoroughly at that. IF however, the corsairs DO get a new battleship to add to their fleet, they will have to sacrifice the osiris altogether, also meaning that absolutely no sharing of any corsair or order tech between the two factions (all ships/equipment counted). in oorp terms, there is no faction with 3 battleships to call their own. (liberty has a carrier and dreadnought. outcasts have a battleship and dreadnought. zoners have a juggernaut and carrier (im pretty sure the BSG was made as an IMG ship and the BSG_adv became the carrier [im using older model names because thats best how i remember them pre 4.85]). furthermore, i would think that the corsair battleship (if made) mimics the outcast battleships in terms of stats, size, agility etc. after all, you'd think that the corsairs war analysts would try and counter their main enemy's battleship by using it for reference/inspiration/ideas whilst creating their own design.

also, while the osiris is considered a light recon battleship in RP, stats wise and actual PVP wise, its a rather mean little ship that can really pack alot of punch.

' Wrote:They arent getting 'another' battleship, we're just talking about changing the visual model of the current osiris (for the corsairs). The current osiris is an order ship, the corsairs use it, but in reality they would have their own variant with their own influences applied to it.

Basically, we'd take the current one ship used by two factions (the osiris) and split it into two ships: The order osiris, and the corsair osiris. Both would have similar stats, same number of hardpoints, so on and so forth - as said before, I'd suggest the corsair version lose it's reverse speed boost and maybe take a slight hit to agility in exchange for heavier armor, but none of the differences between the two would be overly noticable. The goal is to get a model that looks 'corsair'.

you only read part of my reply. i quoted it there so you can see what i meant in its entirety.