Discovery Gaming Community
Prices and unfair ..... PLEASE READ - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Prices and unfair ..... PLEASE READ (/showthread.php?tid=3410)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Prices and unfair ..... PLEASE READ - Hylden - 07-26-2007

Heh, you see, I have a suggestion, and a way to go around the problem with the bs missile immunity. Test this: get a new freelancer copy, install disco on it, and alter the sunslayer. Put 40k damage on it, then shoot a couple of bs with those sunslayers. They will do damage. It have been tested and proved to me by a friend (not naming, because i don't want to upset anyone:P). If I still have the pics, I will add them to this post.

EDIT: the test involved talarca cruisers, and sunslayers with altered damage. nothing else, nothing more.

I have found other things which would improve the gameplay, send a PM if you wanna hear them:)

Prices and unfair ..... PLEASE READ - kiggles - 07-26-2007

That is good to hear I have been thinking of making that suggestion for a while now.

The Nova cannon does not feel powerful aswell if you ask me unlike the Nova torps did they have a very nice fireing sound and when they hit they exploded rather than just going away.

I think maby increasing there damage a little if they are turned back into torps would be a good idea though as 1) you have limited shots and 2) the enemy can stop your torps by shooting them.

Kiggles:)

Edit:

I don't think the point was that the torps did No damage it was that they did far less damage to the battleships that had been added as they lacked wireframes.

Prices and unfair ..... PLEASE READ - Treewyrm - 07-26-2007

' Wrote:Right Korrd. But I see no logic in making the price of a bs 2 bills. 2 bills = countless hours of trading. Give ppl more options, like very hard missions, for a 50 mills rewards, against some NPC fleets fully kitted. That would force players to team up, improve their skills, and ultimately, improve RP. That, would be fun. And not crazy. If you play unmodded Freelancer, you can see that an average trade route doesn't give you more than 400k profit. But, for the same cash, you can choose to fight, by completing missions from Outcasts or Corsairs.
I agree with this suggestion. Make missions profitable, make harder missions for coop, trade runs are getting boring very quickly, no matter the route you choose.

By raising price alone it only turns game into farmfest. Treating everyone as a chineese gold farmer surely isn't good for the community. And who are the ones saying that the price for bs must be increased? Raise your hand, please. Right, the ones that have bs already! They surely aren't going to spend countless of hours dying of trading run limitless boredom. Too many caps? Try some other way limiting them, price alone isn't going to solve the problem, in fact it will make more and will split the community. Perhaps some RP requirements, I don't know, after all we're talking about RP server. But for the sake of all that is good here don't turn FL into another neverending grindfest korean mmorpg for mentally unstable people.

Prices and unfair ..... PLEASE READ - Equinox - 07-26-2007

Can i make a suggestion, on the mod i was on (Freeworlds Total Conversion) factions had to go by a limit rule.

It was pretty much like this, factions could only have these online at one time.

One battleship

3 Gunships

3 Light caps

Thats how it worked on that server, here it would should be like,

Every faction would have to abide by this and it would have to be a server rule i think.

But each faction would be allowed on at one time,

1 Battleship

2 Destroyers/Cruisers

2 Gunboats

The rest would have to be fighters/bombers

(The Brotherhood has a similar rule)

----

This rule worked very well on there server, the only thing it wouldn't stop is the independents, who fly battleships.

The thing that Freeworlds didto counter that was to only let "independents" (People not in a faction [Civs]) them use ships up to a Cruiser or maybe even Gunboats.

Because as it stands (Roleplay vise) individuals wouldn't be able to buy a BS or even man one.

What do you think?

' Wrote:This rule worked very well on there server, the only thing it wouldn't stop is the independents, who fly battleships.
Perhaps the "independent bs" problem can be solved by selling battleships only in faction home system. Just a thought.

Prices and unfair ..... PLEASE READ - BestFlyerHere - 07-26-2007

This would solve no problems. People would just the faction friendly, then go into the faction system.

Factions cannot be on 24/7, a devoted person could buy a faction BS easily.

' Wrote:This would solve no problems. People would just the faction friendly, then go into the faction system.

Factions cannot be on 24/7, a devoted person could buy a faction BS easily.
Well yes, you're right. Seems like no matter what kind of limits there are if they're open independent and even non-rp people will get bs one way or another. This comes to the point when such ships are not to be bought but are given somehow.

What is the origin(s) of the problem anyway? Too many players own capital ships? Too many players using them instead of any other ship class? From my point of view capital ships are just too much powerful (okay okay, I'm newb, but that's what I've seen). Sure they have to be in game but then it comes down to the point whether players should be allowed to have battleships at all. There must be a whole lot of disadvantages to them in order to discourage people making battleships the primary choice for a ship at all time. I prefer smaller, fighters, heavy fighters (I wonder what happened to nomad interceptor, there is no such in mod unfortunately). To less extent gunboats. I don't have any cap ship yet (not allowed to) but I suppose people choose those because of the sheer firepower no matter what RP background they have to explain usage of such mammoths. It's quite early for me to comment on balance and things like that but from what I've read here and seen in game there is a problem not with the amount of cap ships, it's that the people choosing them as their primary ships and using them most of them time. No offence to capship owners here but that's just the first impression I had as a new person around, it may be completely wrong, but may as well hold some truth.

Prices and unfair ..... PLEASE READ - octavius - 07-27-2007

As it's been stated by multiple people, a good bomber can take a capital ship out alone. If someone isn't doing proper RP with/for their battleship... It's the admins jobs to punish them in whatever means is neccessary.

As for independent players, there should not be a restrictrion placed on them, no questions asked. If they have the proper RP, then it's fine.