Discovery Gaming Community
there is too much F1 in the sever - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: there is too much F1 in the sever (/showthread.php?tid=3445)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

there is too much F1 in the sever - Sonja - 08-01-2007

Him not attacking you at your request is a possibly a rule of confidence. You can't get mad and F1 because you feel hard done by that someone is dock camping. Yes, it is allowed, as when you undock, you are invulnerable for a short period of time after your shield comes up.

Next time, fire back. Dont just sit there like a lemming waiting to die. You can't expect people to stop, just because you want them to. You can ask, but if they dont, that is tough. I undock to find a brawl outside, sometimes I dive in and realise my weapon groups are dead. I fix them mid battle and carry on. There is no excuse for F1ing in a similar situation.

The fight may have been completely wrong, but since when have pirates fought honourably? Never, is the answer. They may commit honourable deeds, but their actions are not honourable in themselves, and you cannot expect them to be honourable just to suit your needs...

Thats just a heads up of what my opinion is on the matter.

there is too much F1 in the sever - unfunf - 08-01-2007

I would agree with you, if this was in RP; however, this is out of RP. And out of RP these people aren't pirates, they are just regular people. It wasn't a request to a pirate, it was an OOC request to the person flying the ship behind the computer screen.

If I was to say something like "There is a plague on our ship, spreading throughout our crew. Please let us go to a hospital ship." in RP, then yes, they are certainly within RP rights to act like a pirate and ignore the request. However, when it's "// OOC: Hold on please, I have to fix my weapon config." it has nothing to do with what faction we are in, or who we are playing.

there is too much F1 in the sever - Archelon - 08-01-2007

' Wrote:The difference with disconnects and F1's is that you can tell when somone is about to F1. If your fighting, and you D/C, then thats fine, as long as you come back and explain. Even if you don't, you were fighting and not running, so I can assume that you had a DC.

However, if you are pirating, and you see a trader who stops, and doesn't respond, then its a F1, especially if you see another char come up straight away.

I hate people who do that, and I think they need to have that char zero'd and starflier'd for them to learn not to do it.

What annoys me (in addition to those who F1) is when a trader docks on a planet and then you see a message saying he departed followed by another message saying a new player has joined in his place. Wow, that new player is a capship or bomber who's decided to join all those other capships and bombers that he sent an SOS to. Happens to us pirates pretty regular. Can't stand traders that swap characters to pummel the pirate. Once the pirate's been dispatched (ie: killed) they return to their trader and go about their business.

' Wrote:Well, to defend myself, you have no right to get upset at my F1ing due to your atrocious behavior. I politely asked you to hold on, and said I would be afk for a minute because I was having a problem with freelancer (all my weapongroups got cleared out). I stopped and was attempting to fix it, assuming the people chasing me would stop momentarily. They immediately engaged (and I did not fire any kind of shots at them, nor turn to face them. I did not move at all.), and I attempted to flee (at the same time saying what are you doing, I said hold on.). Of course, I got cruise disrupted.

I believe that behavior to be disgusting, and not allowable, so I tend to think I did the right thing by deciding to leave the fight promptly. Purposely attacking someone who states they are not able to fight at that moment, and is willing to fight if the people would give them one second, seems completely wrong to me. Perhaps that is not against the rules directly; however, I believe maturity comes into play.

At least, if you do not want to wait, just tell me to leave and I will. But attacking someone who is afk just to get a free kill is wrong. Dead wrong.

Really, appauling behavior in my opinion.

If I am still in the wrong, despite all this, I sincerely apologize.

No excuse. Weapons and engine malfunctions happen all the time. No excuse to stop RP to fix your problems. I've had engine malfunctions while being chased by multiple enemies. I never cried to cease RP because of that. I have pleaded for mercy on occasion (in character) while being chased by multiple RM (happened the other night). I was chased by about 5 or 6 of em for what must have been over an hour. I ran out of bats and running low on bots. My guns were in the red. I was so busy trying to run that I didn't have a chance to fire a shot. All I could do was cry for mercy. And - oh yeah - I jumped to a guard system (from New Berlin). Three of them followed me through while the other 2 or 3 waited in New Berlin. I yo-yo'd back and forth through the jumphole while they waited on each side. My CMs dropper was already destroyed so I was CD'd constantly. Eventually, I was able to get to cruise and avoid CDs by hard banking. Got the "5 minute" countdown to system maintenance message about the same time my internet decided to give me trouble (I live in Louisiana and am prone to severe weather). Got disconnected. Soon as I could get back on, I contacted [Admin]Caylith who happened to be online. Told her my situation to head off anyone from thinking I'd F1'd. I was ready to continue the chase. FYI to you RM folks. The damage inflicted on my ship and equipment was about the same amount I sold my Gold cargo for. So my trek to sell my cargo was a bust. :) I was in my Rogue Gunboat.

' Wrote:I would agree with you, if this was in RP; however, this is out of RP. And out of RP these people aren't pirates, they are just regular people. It wasn't a request to a pirate, it was an OOC request to the person flying the ship behind the computer screen.

If I was to say something like "There is a plague on our ship, spreading throughout our crew. Please let us go to a hospital ship." in RP, then yes, they are certainly within RP rights to act like a pirate and ignore the request. However, when it's "// OOC: Hold on please, I have to fix my weapon config." it has nothing to do with what faction we are in, or who we are playing.

Do I have to say it? Just because you wanna go OOC, doesn't mean we have to. I doubt you'd accept me going OOC if the roles were reversed. Stay in character unless you have a serious RL emergency - such as a family member needing medical attention. My dog ate my homework doesn't count. And nether does my gun is jammed, let me clear it.

I suppose that's true, if you want to be an .... to be honest :/. I prefer being nice and playing correctly.

*Sorry if the a**hole comment was a bit uncalled for; however, that truly seems like what it was to me. I suppose you can still attack someone despite them stating they are having trouble. It isn't against the rules, alright. However, it just seems to me like only an child would take such an opportunity to attack someone like that. If I was in the same situation, // "I doubt you'd accept me going OOC if the roles were reversed,"// I would definitely *ALLOW* them to do what they needed to. I have always tried to respect other people's wishes.

I'm sorry I broke the rules, it was indeed my fault; however, I am also dissappointed in TBH's attitude in game. If such a similar situation happens again, I will suck it up and let them sit there and kill me; however, I will do so with the understanding that I am being attacked by people with no in-game integrity (obvious out of the game, they could be perfectly fine folks. Often a similar situation occurs when people drive. They act completely differently than normal).

I'm truly sorry if what I have said is insulting, but I do believe in it.

there is too much F1 in the sever - X-Lancer - 08-01-2007

heh...like i said...the enemy is happy to shoot you when you are reloading....

there is too much F1 in the sever - Equinox - 08-01-2007

' Wrote:I suppose that's true, if you want to be an .... to be honest :/. I prefer being nice and playing correctly.
*Sorry if the a**hole comment was a bit uncalled for; however, that truly seems like what it was to me. I suppose you can still attack someone despite them stating they are having trouble. It isn't against the rules, alright. However, it just seems to me like only an child would take such an opportunity to attack someone like that. If I was in the same situation, // "I doubt you'd accept me going OOC if the roles were reversed,"// I would definitely *ALLOW* them to do what they needed to. I have always tried to respect other people's wishes.

I'm sorry I broke the rules, it was indeed my fault; however, I am also dissappointed in TBH's attitude in game. If such a similar situation happens again, I will suck it up and let them sit there and kill me; however, I will do so with the understanding that I am being attacked by people with no in-game integrity (obvious out of the game, they could be perfectly fine folks. Often a similar situation occurs when people drive. They act completely differently than normal).

I'm truly sorry if what I have said is insulting, but I do believe in it.

ah dude dont slag TBH for being "in" RP on a "RP" server.

We are pirates, and until you have tried to pirate you will not understand, we get one shot at getting paid, do you no how many people say just hold on one sec?, for this and that and then there gone and we lose out agane.

Your weapon config problem is a realy crap excuse to stop RP, you should try and look at it from our side.

I understand the pirate deal, and if I was in a trader, I'd understand completely; however, I was in a battlecruiser... There is no profit from destroying it.

there is too much F1 in the sever - Equinox - 08-01-2007

' Wrote:I understand the pirate deal, and if I was in a trader, I'd understand completely; however, I was in a battlecruiser... There is no profit from destroying it.

That depends, if that battlecruiser was tagged police, military, outcast or allies then TBH (Corsairs) are well within there rights and RP to attack and kill said ship.

there is too much F1 in the sever - darkguardian - 08-01-2007

' Wrote:I agree With Korrd, its a bad pratice and we need to stamp on it now, Trust me i look forward to the time when the Admins decide what we do with them, if it was just my choice i would ban them to the temple hated by all, No bats No bots and you better believe NO Shields:)
stop Now or we will stop it for you:)

cheers

No disrespect Bulldog, But if it were up to you everyone in the whole community that did one little thing wrong would be banned. You always seem to over-use and abse your admin powers. Thats why I always see "Name was killed by an admin". Not cool...

there is too much F1 in the sever - Archelon - 08-02-2007

' Wrote:I understand the pirate deal, and if I was in a trader, I'd understand completely; however, I was in a battlecruiser... There is no profit from destroying it.

Same situation, different ships. I say, "Sure, fix your guns." Next message everyone sees on their console is "ARCHELON CHARACTER killed by OHMY CHARACTER." No, don't think so. Players have used this tactic to bring their shields up, recover themselves and blast their opponent without saying, "Ok, I'm ready to continue." One exception is when we're both getting severe red lag indications. At that point we'll hang back till the lag goes away. But that's a server/connection issue, not an individual "I forgot to setup my weapons configuration" issue.

' Wrote:No disrespect Bulldog, But if it were up to you everyone in the whole community that did one little thing wrong would be banned. You always seem to over-use and abse your admin powers. Thats why I always see "Name was killed by an admin". Not cool...

Guardian, don't go there... You're starting to sound like SirRed... If you can't tell, Bulldog has a bit of sarcasm in his text. If you don't get it, try watchin some BBC.