Discovery Gaming Community
Remove cruise drain from LFs? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Remove cruise drain from LFs? (/showthread.php?tid=38411)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Remove cruise drain from LFs? - Gaz83 - 04-17-2010

' Wrote:right now, a light fighter that knows how to dodge can escape a lot of damage in a pure melee - when we buff up the cruise further, they can also escape from everyone.

What, even with the seemingly impossible to evade cruise disruptors that everyone and his brother uses?

Remove cruise drain from LFs? - Leo - 04-18-2010

I read the first two pages and this is all I saw...

"Cruise drain shouldn't be on transports." -- "Cruise drain shouldn't be on light fighters." -- Then I saw Nooblets post and I lawled.

Light fighters though should move a lot faster to be used as "interceptors" or scout ships to get the hell away from bigger ships if they run into them. Would make things a LOT more interesting for sure.

~Leo

Remove cruise drain from LFs? - Ascendancy - 04-18-2010

Since I've returned to Discovery I find the cruise power core drain appalling. Now granted I only have one character with one VHF, but I find it just horrible. Either make it so it drains 50% as opposed to what seemingly is 95%, or remove it period.

LFs I don't fly, so really my relevancy in this topic is low, except for my comments on the cruising power plant drain.

Remove cruise drain from LFs? - Camtheman Of Freelancer4Ever - 04-18-2010

Remove Cruise Drain compeltely. It was a failure idea anyways.

It only limits balance, does nothing to improve it.

Quote:Since I've returned to Discovery I find the cruise power core drain appalling. Now granted I only have one character with one VHF, but I find it just horrible. Either make it so it drains 50% as opposed to what seemingly is 95%, or remove it period.

LFs I don't fly, so really my relevancy in this topic is low, except for my comments on the cruising power plant drain.

Word.

Remove cruise drain from LFs? - Leo - 04-18-2010

I didn't even have to look at your post to know what you said Cam. It think it's pretty damn apparent by your annoying ex-signature that is now posted up in your profile as your personal pic and all over your account.

Cruise drain, IMO, is the best thing that happened to Discovery. Leave it. Keeps morons from abusing it.

Oh wait.

~Leo

Remove cruise drain from LFs? - farmerman - 04-18-2010

I think if you want to both remove cruise drain from LFs (not too illogical) as well as buffing their speed (very logical) then to do both you'd really need to remove something. Maybe take away their CMs? Then they can cruise a lot but are even easier targets for CDs and missiles in the process.

Remove cruise drain from LFs? - Blaze - 04-18-2010

Why Remove their CM? Since LFs are fast enough I say make the cruise drain Half of the Energy and buff the speed to 400 or 450

Why Remove their CM? Since LFs are fast enough I say make the cruise drain Half of the Energy and buff the speed to 400 or 450

Remove cruise drain from LFs? - n00bl3t - 04-18-2010

' Wrote:I didn't even have to look at your post to know what you said Cam. It think it's pretty damn apparent by your annoying ex-signature that is now posted up in your profile as your personal pic and all over your account.

Cruise drain, IMO, is the best thing that happened to Discovery. Leave it. Keeps morons from abusing it.

Oh wait.

~Leo

Guess I am a moron who abuses it.

Explains my zero sanction count.

Remove cruise drain from LFs? - Eternal - 04-18-2010

The Cruiser Drain issue, I think this is like the "fix missle GB's" one back in the days of .84.

Those who want to remove this new, really interesting and RP PROPER, feature from this mod are wrong.

Don't get my wrong, I use only one ship, more then I do all others, my Osiris Battleship. And it takes, around 20 seconds to fire a shot, after I was cruised and even then it takes more time to actually have enough to fire heavier weapons. But that is alright, because it's justified and makes for great RP and better PvP. The reason for the latter one is rather simple. You no longer can cruise right next to your unsuspecting victim, with your BS and simply plow right through him, because he has little time to react. Now it takes some planning before you can engage in a successful capital ship fight and what ever needs planning, requires skill.

The same may not go for fighters, because they replenish the energy lost in merely seconds. I really don't understand why people even complain about them.

Now, the issue with the LF is quite similar to the one concerning the VHF one. It replenishes energy even faster and has weapons which don't really require that much energy to fire to begin with. I don't really see the problem.

Eternal

Remove cruise drain from LFs? - GHOSTbielars - 04-18-2010

yea honestly the cruise drain flat out makes the game feel more "realistic". it also gives you some kind of tactical ambush advantage to surprise someone with a CD and take them out of cruise speed.

Jinx was dead on too about the speed of ships. in space mass hurts the acceleration but not top speed, big ships with big engines should have high top speeds but real slow charge/accel.

We all know the general balance issue of LF agile and weak, VHF less agile and strong but at a certain point, LF's are just so weak they are virtually useless. (this isnt for you Mr. I-can-pwnz-an-eagle-in-my-lib-in-2-min-bc-im-amazing) MOST people on the server arent threatening anything higher than a HF in a 4 gun LF. can they get SOME edge that actually makes them useful for something? the higher thrust and cruise speeds are interesting. maybe a LF only CD that stops ALL engines? idk just something like this topic implies that makes a LF appealing as not just a stepping block.