Discovery Gaming Community
M26 Lunchbox - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: M26 Lunchbox (/showthread.php?tid=40206)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

M26 Lunchbox - ... kur nubėgo? - 05-18-2010

I want my hand bag back !

M26 Lunchbox - Jinx - 05-18-2010

the action V is for some people what the tie-fighter or X-wing is for others.

there are brilliant models of the USS-enterprise out there - even for Freelancer.... and i am also sure that among such a large playerbase regularly visiting discovery - there will be many who d just love flying a galaxy class starship.

but for some people it would be odd to fly their valkyrie through rheinland space, RPing as a military officer, just to fly into a ship from star trek.

so - yes, the old corsair gunboat was probably better than the current one ( statwise ) - it was ( or still is, cause the model is still in the modfile i think ) a solid model of fairly high quality - and it also became something like a trademark of corsairs ( especially in 4.84 ) - but still... same reasons that apply not to place the enterprise into disco apply to other imported ships. - saying that there are other imports out there, too - is like saying murder is fine, others do it, too.

M26 Lunchbox - Mr.Fabulous - 05-18-2010

' Wrote:the action V is for some people what the tie-fighter or X-wing is for others.

there are brilliant models of the USS-enterprise out there - even for Freelancer.... and i am also sure that among such a large playerbase regularly visiting discovery - there will be many who d just love flying a galaxy class starship.

but for some people it would be odd to fly their valkyrie through rheinland space, RPing as a military officer, just to fly into a ship from star trek.
so - yes, the old corsair gunboat was probably better than the current one ( statwise ) - it was ( or still is, cause the model is still in the modfile i think ) a solid model of fairly high quality - and it also became something like a trademark of corsairs ( especially in 4.84 ) - but still... same reasons that apply not to place the enterprise into disco apply to other imported ships. - saying that there are other imports out there, too - is like saying murder is fine, others do it, too.

I never thought it like that way before...

Q_Q

BUT IT STILL LOOKS SO AWESOME!!!

Q_Q

That's why at least an FL-versioned M26 would be awesome as well...

*goes to a corner to fight off sinking conscience*

oh... and:

Q_Q

M26 Lunchbox - Sarawr!? - 05-18-2010

I miss my old Order Lunchbox....

Q_Q

That's one import we should've kept...

M26 Lunchbox - Adventurer - 05-19-2010

I flew my lunchbox with two SNAC'S.

M26 Lunchbox - ... kur nubėgo? - 05-19-2010

I didn't even know that lunchbox was an import. Too bad. Oh well, lets move on with the times now.

M26 Lunchbox - Slartibartfast - 05-19-2010

' Wrote:I flew my lunchbox with two SNAC'S.

:)

Please don't say it was destroyed by angry Farmer mob flinging torches and Vultures....

M26 Lunchbox - Ceoran - 05-19-2010

' Wrote:Imports are being phased out.. but if I have time I can make a FLized version of the Lunchbox.

Don't get too excited about that though, I'm very busy at the moment.

Since the Corsairs really need their own transport this might be the best solution to serve all parties. And no thanks, I don't want to see the Lunchbox-gb swarms again. They were quite annoying (and tended to lolwut)

M26 Lunchbox - Carlos_Benitez - 05-19-2010

I have fond memories of the M26 "Lunchbox" Gunboat, and even the ghastlyM41 Prototype.
However, ne'er let it be said that the M42 Imperator Corsair Gunboat is anything other than made of spiky bull/dragon-themed WIN.

It would be nice to see a Corsair-specific transport in the game, possibly based on the old M26. However, I think it should be sufficiently modified to have plausibly "evolved" over the past 60 years, in RP, and OORP so as to be un-importy.