Discovery Gaming Community
Pre 4.86 Event Round Two - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Server Events (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=411)
+---- Forum: Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+---- Thread: Pre 4.86 Event Round Two (/showthread.php?tid=40536)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Pre 4.86 Event Round Two - Tenacity - 05-24-2010

I second talking to the faction leader(s) before putting this into motion.

' Wrote:Not really. My Valor docked at Holman quite nicely.

KNF battleships dont have light mortars either =P

I've seen Isis put 11 light mortars into space at a time, used to have a screenshot of it I posted a while back, circling all 11 of them.

Pre 4.86 Event Round Two - Marcus Lindberg - 05-24-2010

Can we please not have the fight in Minor? Its absolute hell for capital ships to go through an asteroid field, which is what gave the tiny and manoeuvrable Kusari Destroyer an advantage in Tau 23...

Maybe make the fight in Kappa because no one ever goes there?

Pre 4.86 Event Round Two - sean24 - 05-24-2010

Whatever it is- I'm not going to be missing out on this one.

* sean24 looks at the screens of battles of epic win and Q_Q's

Pre 4.86 Event Round Two - Tenacity - 05-24-2010

Quote:Can we please not have the fight in Minor? Its absolute hell for capital ships to go through an asteroid field, which is what gave the tiny and manoeuvrable Kusari Destroyer an advantage in Tau 23...

Maybe make the fight in Kappa because no one ever goes there?

Not really an option, since what pertains to 4.86 is "the battle of omicron MINOR" - not the battle of omicron kappa.

The system is very important, in this case. Besides, kappa has even more asteroids.

Pre 4.86 Event Round Two - Marcus Lindberg - 05-24-2010

' Wrote:Not really an option, since what pertains to 4.86 is "the battle of omicron MINOR" - not the battle of omicron kappa.

The system is very important, in this case. Besides, kappa has even more asteroids.

Oh, don't think I read that yet.

Kappa has more asteroids? Gah, nevermind, haven't been to the omicrons in months anyways.

Pre 4.86 Event Round Two - Ceoran - 05-24-2010

I just hope the Hammerhead will be a valid option instead of the Manta :nyam:

Pre 4.86 Event Round Two - Agmen of Eladesor - 05-24-2010

Discussing ... what with the high command?

Don't take this the wrong way, guys, but this is going to be another one of those battles where the outcome - regardless of what happens on the Battle server - has already been written. I do plan on having more ships available as restart choices (one reason why it's going to be 4 weeks off) - and there will be some fun and interesting things happen during the event, which I'll cover as it gets closer to the appropriate time.

Oh, and I'm going to make this announcement right now, up front. Combat will only take place in Omicron Minor and Delta. Nothing further south than FP 11, and nothing within 10K of the jumphole out of Minor into 100. No going to Alaska or up after the Nomads in THEIR systems.

Pre 4.86 Event Round Two - Slartibartfast - 05-24-2010

' Wrote:No going to Alaska or up after the Nomads in THEIR systems.

So I can has Voidnom? :)

I promise to go all :tease:on everyone!

Pre 4.86 Event Round Two - FooFighter - 05-24-2010

If the Nomads are to be involved, please contact me first, Agmen. My Skype address is in my profile.

Pre 4.86 Event Round Two - mjolnir - 05-24-2010

There are things that are possible to do with bases.

a) make them full green to everyone but block docking with flhook - won't ever fire on anyone

b) make them full red to everyone, but remove all their guns or even easier... their AI serverside

Also it's possible to add equipment for sale on specific bases and change the reputation it requires from people.

============================================

Agmen you seem to sound rather arrogant here with a "I do it my way no matter what" attitude, basically following on the bad parts of the GRN vs KNF event.

There are lots of developers and ex-admins who can help with many things and there are developers forums for a reason, which is why I find this rather strange from an admin.

Is it admins managing server so that developers have something to work on, or developers making a mod so that admins have something to control? .... neither all of them "work" on the same thing.