Discovery Gaming Community
Corsair Faction - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Corsair Faction (/showthread.php?tid=41255)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Corsair Faction - Sabre120 - 12-06-2010

I have to agree that some form of expansion must occur for the Corsairs, and perhaps negotiations with factions in Rheinland Space is a step forward. I do not know much on the current situation, but what is to happen to Omicron 93 and Omicron 96?

Corsair Faction - Elven - 12-06-2010

One of them will become Sails Guard system most likely.

Corsair Faction - Not Espi - 12-06-2010

dman gravediggers these days.

93 and 96 are systems made for future guard systems. seems they wont be used at all. unless moved, that is

' Wrote:One of them will become Sails Guard system most likely.

nothx when deciding on having a system behind gamma and having none at all, i pick the latter.

Corsair Faction - Elven - 12-06-2010

Nothing prevents you from making your own JHs?:P
Although yeah, RoS old Guard was a bit annoying.

Corsair Faction - AeternusDoleo - 12-06-2010

But if the Sails intend to do biodome development, a system covered behind 2 guard systems would likely be the ideal place to put them. O96 I believe is the most clear system available. I did some brainstorming a while back, with regards to an extensive biodome (or cluster thereof) that could slowly be produced in that nebula-less, roidless, planetless system with a young, hot sun. Came up with a hexagonal design. Perhaps we could put it in even if the system is not going to be used as a guard system - and make it a generic system accessible to all Sairs. Maybe shuffle the jumphole entrances to it a little.

Just thoughts.

Corsair Faction - kuth - 12-06-2010

While I have no issues with the Corsairs getting more biodomes I do think that some of you need to think of what it will change. Some of you can't see past your own desire for your favorite faction being uber.

Corsair's not being able to produce enough food to feed their population is a balancing mechanic. If they could feed their entire population their birth rates would increase. This would give them an edge over the Outcasts, thus allowing them to defeat them. Since this is not something the development team wants a mechanic to balance the two factions against each other must be in place.

This also affects Zoners as a whole. Currently the only thing stopping the Corsairs from taking Freeport 9 is the fact that they need the food they get from Freeport 9 and other Zoners to feed their population. If they took Freeport 9 they'd cut a good deal of their food supply off. Which wouldn't sit well with the Corsair population. From a Zoner prospective, Zoners need the fact that they serve a purpose to the Corsairs as leverage not to be killed off.

Now, I am fine if the Corsairs get biodomes........20 years is a long time and all. However, the factions affected by this must also be allowed to evolve in reaction to this, in a positive manner.

Just remember this isn't a simple we were close 20 years ago we should have them now. It affects the mod's overall story arc. (Not a single biodome, if you had enough to feed yourselves.)

Corsair Faction - globalplayer-svk - 12-06-2010

Well...actually corsairs are getting no food from fp9 long time sonce noone is delivering it, and answer that it is done in rp well,the same we can say that we have in rp food from afa,ind and all others.and...
So only what us stopping corsairs from getting freeport 9 are corsairs.... No food from there

and actually i think in omicron 91 is only destructable biodome in discovery:)

' Wrote:Well...actually corsairs are getting no food from fp9 long time sonce noone is delivering it, and answer that it is done in rp well,the same we can say that we have in rp food from afa,ind and all others.and...
So only what us stopping corsairs from getting freeport 9 are corsairs.... No food from there

and actually i think in omicron 91 is only destructable biodome in discovery:)

You are however getting food from other Zoners are you not?

You can claim all you want you are getting enough food from AFA and IND to not need Zoners, until an admin confirms that I'll stick to Freelancer Lore that the only reason 9 is still there and the Zoners of Theta are alive is that Corsairs have a use for them. You claiming otherwise is simply you wanting your faction to be uber and ignoring Freelancer Lore for your benefit. I also find the fact that you think the only thing stopping you from taking 9 is you funny. Players don't get to make decisions like that. The development team does.

I'm not arguing that you shouldn't get a biodome. Corsairs already have them so why wouldn't they be able to reproduce them?

Corsair Faction - Zelot - 12-06-2010

' Wrote:You are however getting food from other Zoners are you not?

You can claim all you want you are getting enough food from AFA and IND to not need Zoners, until an admin confirms that I'll stick to Freelancer Lore that the only reason 9 is still there and the Zoners of Theta are alive is that Corsairs have a use for them. You claiming otherwise is simply you wanting your faction to be uber and ignoring Freelancer Lore for your benefit. I also find the fact that you think the only thing stopping you from taking 9 is you funny. Players don't get to make decisions like that. The development team does.

I'm not arguing that you shouldn't get a biodome. Corsairs already have them so why wouldn't they be able to reproduce them?

First off, the Admins are not in anyway in charge of Freelancer lore. Its a dev team issue. Second while the Corsairs are getting food from the Zoners, they are no longer getting it from Freeport 9 for obvious reasons. Third, it's not just the IND and the AFA, we have all sorts of people bringing in food, the Junkers, Samura, IND, AFA, Hogosha, OSI, TAZ, indy Zoners and unaffiliated smugglers. Lastly, player driven change in disco rarely thinks about how it will affect other factions involved. This is true with the Corsairs just as much as the Zoners, Outcasts, Kusari or anyone else for that matter. Thats just the way it is, and it is naive to think that it does not happen that way.

' Wrote:First off, the Admins are not in anyway in charge of Freelancer lore. Its a dev team issue. Second while the Corsairs are getting food from the Zoners, they are no longer getting it from Freeport 9 for obvious reasons. Third, it's not just the IND and the AFA, we have all sorts of people bringing in food, the Junkers, Samura, IND, AFA, Hogosha, OSI, TAZ, indy Zoners and unaffiliated smugglers. Lastly, player driven change in disco rarely thinks about how it will affect other factions involved. This is true with the Corsairs just as much as the Zoners, Outcasts, Kusari or anyone else for that matter. Thats just the way it is, and it is naive to think that it does not happen that way.

Your point other than supporting what I said was........? What?