Discovery Gaming Community
FFS bugged missiles worthless fighter weapons - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: FFS bugged missiles worthless fighter weapons (/showthread.php?tid=4258)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

FFS bugged missiles worthless fighter weapons - crateria - 10-25-2007

If you want Omega powerful fighters then you are playing the wrong mod :sleep:
This is discovery. A Role play where the creator tries very hard to keep everything as realistic as possible.

How would a speed boat take out a Battleship?
How could a car take out a tank?
And how could a fighter do any damage to a Battleship?

If you want to play an extremely unbalanced mod where things die in about 2 hits I suggest you get the TNG mod and (As there are no real servers) blow things up to your hearts content.

FFS bugged missiles worthless fighter weapons - jammi - 10-25-2007

errm... is this topic going to stray omto mines as well? Everyone rants about missles,
but not mines, I mesn mines are worse the I don't use missles, waste of mooney and
time. My advice?
Stick with guns...

(heh heh, that's proberly not very helpful:D)

FFS bugged missiles worthless fighter weapons - StarButt - 10-25-2007

' Wrote:If you want Omega powerful fighters then you are playing the wrong mod :sleep:
This is discovery. A Role play where the creator tries very hard to keep everything as realistic as possible.

How would a speed boat take out a Battleship?
How could a car take out a tank?
And how could a fighter do any damage to a Battleship?

If you want to play an extremely unbalanced mod where things die in about 2 hits I suggest you get the TNG mod and (As there are no real servers) blow things up to your hearts content.

Why would a change in fighter effectivness ruin the game play or RP style? And m8 ur talking jibrish. EVEN one infantry with a rocket launcher can take out a tank, and ONE Harpoon missile launched from say F/A-18 can sink a Destroyer! So this is NOT about realism in mod. It is about mod being unbalanced and it effects smallest ships e.g. fighters the most. It takes 30min of shooting to take out a bomber with a fighter and in the mean time, bomber even has enough time to destroy his target. IMHO fighters are undergunned, underpowered, and of very limited use except in pre-aranged duels (no bots/batteries) to keep em under 30min. Why would it be such a BAD THING to have weapons on a fighter that can kill other fighter/bomber in under 200shots? Most VHF don't have enough energy to kill bombers hull in one burst even if it sits still, let alone move and evade. And if u talking about realism, than missiles should KILL with a single hit to the fighter/bomber hull, and torpedoes should HURT cap.ships A LOT if they hit. The way guns/armor are balanced now, is only making fights long, tedious, boring, and far from realistic. I see ppl with CAP ships having no complains about this mod, but if flying a HOG is point of the mod, while fighters are just a toy w/o real use, than this MOD is wrong for me.

BOTTOM LINE:
Make it WIN/LOOSE on a HIT/MISS factor, not on "who gets bored, and hand numb 1st"

FFS bugged missiles worthless fighter weapons - gezza999 - 10-25-2007

Here's my idea... If you want to change the entire balance of the mod, nobody who PLAYS the mod agrees with you, the best course of action is to LEAVE and FIND ANOTHER MOD, not sit here and moan that every thing's wrong, Igiss won't bend over backwards to make the mod the way it is and then have you say " It's crap! Every thing's wrong! Change it to this now!".

Infantry CAN take down tanks with a rocket launcher, but, lets say we applied that to Freelancer, the battles would be over in seconds, One hit from a battleship destroys a fighter? Everybody is going to cap-whore because fighters are useless. Fighters kill a battleship with a few shots? Every capship user in the game moans that all capships are just expensive pieces of crap.

Fighters kill each other in 1 or 2 hits...? Well, that I wouldn't mind, my LF would be so uber-1337-pwnzor that I'd be able to kill ANYTHING that challenges me...

I agree that torpedoes should do more damage to capships, but, I wasn't lying when I said people MOAN like hell when capships die very easily.

What's your choice then?

Sorry StarButt
But I really have to agree with him. As far as I can tell no1 else wants to re-balance the fighters. Fighters are already extremely well balanced. The only thing that gives the fighter a better advantage is a Decent Pilot!
You said something about fighters not being able to destroy a Bomber? Welcome to the world of decent pilots! If you can't take on a decent bomber pilot... Well, be prepared for a long fight!
Even if you are a good pilot.. You still will have trouble taking down another decent Pilot.

The fact is, we like it this way. It means this game requires Skill. Not how much money you pack under your belt.. Live with it. :angry:

And about the comparison. You said something about Missiles and such? Well, a guy with a rocket launcher is not just some trouper. (Fighter) He is in a separate corp (Bomber) And yes. A bomber can take down a BS... :sleep:

FFS bugged missiles worthless fighter weapons - StarButt - 10-25-2007

I realise balance issue is a great trouble in this mod, but would it really hurt so much giving fighters just a bit more punch? I wouldn't go as far as changing to few hits kills, but say, class 10 weapons like SOLARIS doing 2x the damage they do now, for the same refire/energy? Would that ruin the balance issue so much? Or missiles doing 2x the dmg they do now? They are already hard to make a hit with, very expensive, so why not make em do more dmg, and make em a bit more useful? All it'd take is just a few minor adjustments...

I wouldn't quit playing this mod if my ides r not taken into consideration or they don't become true...it rocks even as it is. Just think it would give a bit more fun to ppl like myself, enjoying "low end" vessels.

FFS bugged missiles worthless fighter weapons - bluntpencil2001 - 10-25-2007

They aren't hard to hit with if you know how to aim.

A poor craftsman blames his tools.

Hmmm...
Sorry for getting a little ticked off earlier :$
But you see.. how fast can a fighter take out another if standing still? 0.2 seconds? Now if you uped that then it may be a 1 - Hit - KO. Now... That would mean that no1 could stay still.. at all;)

But the main reason. How much does a fighter cost? 3mill? 2mill?
How much do the bigger ships cost? x10? x50? x100?
Hehe :rolleyes: You get my point?

FFS bugged missiles worthless fighter weapons - StarButt - 11-04-2007

' Wrote:They aren't hard to hit with if you know how to aim.

A poor craftsman blames his tools.

Now thats a load of *cough* and all of u KNOW IT. I can be a noob but still If I decide only to fly evasive, even u "OMG TEH LORDS of PWNZORZ AIMING" will need like 30min of fire to kill me...

A poor tools can ruin the work of even the best craftsman.