Discovery Gaming Community
Just FYI. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Just FYI. (/showthread.php?tid=43028)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Just FYI. - lw'nafh - 07-01-2010

Be that as it may, I believe I'm gonna' be sanctioned or summat.

Y'know...

'cause everyone took those two lines about Dab and made that the entire thread.

Just FYI. - Athenian - 07-01-2010

We did consider a lock, but I think people have shown remarkable community spirit in dealing with this.

Just FYI. - lw'nafh - 07-01-2010

Can admire that much...

Probably could've said it 'nicer'.

Etc.

Etc.

Regardless, re-read the main post, if you haven't already.

I appreciate what you're saying, Jinx, and Ivan, well, we already had a chat on skype.

Just FYI. - Kubotan - 07-01-2010

' Wrote:Oh, and here's another one.

This, pvp elitism, mob mentality thing? Get over yourselves. This is an RP community, yes, pvp is a key part of most, if not all, the RP that goes on in this server. But it's hardly something we should all ooo and ahhh over. So what, censored like Zeltak can pew pew computer generated ships? Whoop de effing do, I'll tell you right now, half of them couldn't shoot if their lives depended on it, in real life.

Hi. I'm Zeltak.

Now known as Hideki since I like my character alot and Kusari.

I can tell you that there is no such thing as PvP elitism. If anything it has caused me more problems to enjoy combat. I never said or claimed I was good at it, and I never tell anyone I'm better than them because I'm not here to prove myself. I'm here to have fun and play the game. I try to help other improve their combat abilities if they ask me, once I approached on my own and tried to help Veronee. Because I liked his attitude of never giving up.

What you have failed to realize is that you can have a lot of fun in this game with the right attitude. I was like you for a long time, carrying grudges and personal distaste towards anyone who didn't agree with my views and happened to enjoy interests that were in conflict with mine. Like your interest, to Role-Play, well I don't know how to label it because I'm afraid you will take it as an insult. But your unique Role-Play, let's call it that.

That attitude of mine has stopped. I focus instead on playing the game, have as much fun as possible and try to see things from other perspectives. Have a greater understanding. Yes I still fail sometimes but it takes time to change, and to learn.

I understand that some people here don't enjoy as much combat as I do, so instead I have tried to Role-Play more with them. Perhaps one or two Golden Chrysanthemums could attest to that I have, or the random merchant who passes my Yakuza character.

Your last comment about my life seems like a rather desperate attempt to insult me. But I'm afraid you haven't succeeded. It wasn't a necessary comment though, seeing as you know next to nothing what I do in real life.

Good luck to you and hopefully you will stick around.

Just FYI. - Nitram - 07-01-2010

Bai Bacon.:(I haven't read the whole topic, but if you are still intent on leaving, t'was some good times we had.

Nitram

Just FYI. - Exsiled_one - 07-01-2010

I doubt that he meant ill Zeltak, he is just frustrated because of the way things developed for him in the game. Things can seem frustrating, and with few people leaving and others talking things that are out of norm, one can get worried. or god forbid, concerned:D

Just FYI. - RonG777 - 07-01-2010

' Wrote:[4:55:45 PM] Ben ********* [Kanga|Neon Pink Dinorawr]: meh.
[4:55:49 PM] Ben ********* [Kanga|Neon Pink Dinorawr]: If 4.86 is ****.
[4:55:51 PM] Ben ********* [Kanga|Neon Pink Dinorawr]: I'm leaving.
[4:55:52 PM] Ben ********* [Kanga|Neon Pink Dinorawr]: For good.

I came to this conclusion, just now. Seems this community has gone to the dogs, and I'm gonna' dissect it for you so you understand every. Little. Bit.

Okay.

This community is driving me nuts, apart the small group of people I've grown to like (most of which have left, go figure), you all appear to line up behind the guy with 2000+ posts. And wat? I mean, it's only taken you until NOW to realise *Dab's a censored. Nice one.

I've lost a lot of friends, not all of them have left, but meh, they've made it apparent that they're not interested. I was only really hanging around 'cause I had some 'old' friends left, lulz. Lookin' at you, Shago. I know I can make new ones, but to quote myself: "censored the rest of the community."

And I mean that, from the bottom of my heart... Yes, I have one.

Oh, and here's another one.

This, pvp elitism, mob mentality thing? Get over yourselves. This is an RP community, yes, pvp is a key part of most, if not all, the RP that goes on in this server. But it's hardly something we should all ooo and ahhh over. So what, censored like Zeltak can pew pew computer generated ships? Whoop de effing do, I'll tell you right now, half of them couldn't shoot if their lives depended on it, in real life.

Oh, and lol @ Akura and his anti-furry bandwagon. Yes, a lot of them could have RP'd it better, so what? It's a bloody game, it's the internet, let people do what they want to do. Heheh, forget that, I remembered that you're an arrogant suckup.

That's the skim the surface, this place is, to reiterate, driving me insane.

Mmmmm...

[Sarcasm]Can't wait until 4.86.[/Sarcasm]

more nastiness removed

PS: I might find other reasons to stay, but this post seems to have ruined my reputation as-is.
Quite possibly.

OK . I am re-reading your original post . .

Well, for starters, it looks like a Skype chat on how Disco is not good for Ben? . .
Then, in your 1st line you echo the same thought . .
You still have a few people here that you like, but most are gone . . I understand how you feel . . Most of all the folks I used to be with are gone now, but it dosn't stop me from trying to make new friends in game as well as the forums . . .

We line up behind a guy with 2K posts . . . Well, I can't say that everyone here in discoland would not be influinced by some ones post count . . but, for me? no . .
If I was worried about my post count, you would see an extra 3,000 posts on my status by now . . (Folks . . KANGA IS RIGHT ON MANY THINGS IN HIS POST . . . how many times you posted here don't mean diddly Squat! . .Some of the most brillant posts ever read here in Disco came from the first few posts of new members . .

Then you talk about PVP elitists . . . Well, I hate to say this about myself, but ANYONE who knows me KNOWS that I STINK at PVP . . . and, I know many of the "high ups" in the Disco food chain, as some may call them stink at it too . . I really never knew any of the old admins, or anyone like that to "look up" to someone like that (PVP Elite). . In fact, I see that they appreciate the fact that they can RP a situation peacefully without the "pew pew", as some call it . . .

Next, you talk about the furries . . . OK . . YOU GOT ME HERE ON THAT ONE . . I SURRENDER > > I really can't see what the HECK all this cat / furry / people is all about . . but I STILL would not take that away from anyone from enjoying the game the way they want to . .

So basically, you are waiting for the next version of the mod to come out . . I really do hope you find something in that next mod that will change your view on how the community is in your eyes . .

And to Jinx . . and anyone else reading this . . I DO NOT WANT ANY member of this great community to leave . . I never have, nor never will ask OR IMPLY that . . . What I said in my earlier posts is the same sense as getting burned out at DISCO. (Take a break) . . If this place is really getting to the point that you can't stand it, and you loathe being here, then it may be best for that person to move on . . (would it not be better to try something else than to be miserable?) ? ? ? . . .

I guess I should have stated on that point that whenn that person have come to terms, and they feel comfortible, they can allways come back to this community . . I am sorry for not stating this in my earlier posts . . .

I truely hate to see anyone leave here, but I have learned that it is best for that person not to be forced to do something that they dont want to . .

No one got you wrong on that Ron, relax. this is one of the civil discussions here.
i think that people should leave should they feel that the game isn't doing it for them and they tried their best.

but problem is that a lot of people don't try their best and do not try variety.
Leaving Corsair mess behind me and moving to Terrorist ID, later Phantom, and in the same time forming Kishiro was the best thing I've done here.

Just FYI. - Akura - 07-01-2010

' Wrote:Oh, and lol @ Akura and his anti-furry bandwagon. Yes, a lot of them could have RP'd it better, so what? It's a bloody game, it's the internet, let people do what they want to do. Heheh, forget that, I remembered that you're an arrogant suckup.

Hmmm, well I do hate furries with poor RP, those are the ones I want out. Powergaming etc, heck, easy targets.
Furries themselves are bizzare (to me) and each to their own, just keep your Catwoman away from my Spaceboats, especially if they intend to powergame out of roleplay concequences.

Arrogant? Yes.

Suckup? No.

To whom do I suck up to? Everyone hates me, faction leaders, people, Admins etc... I have no one to suck up to.

I'm too laid back to care, always was. People like Ench and Sina reminded me that it's just stupid to get worked up, so I just kill and be killed.

Oh well.

I doubt anyone "hates you" as well as I doubt you "hate" furries.

It's just something you do not see as working out in this universe. And I can see what you mean. All "alien" races should strive for nomad or some sort of deranged abrivation (OMG WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?) of nomads.

eh.