Discovery Gaming Community
where are the pirates? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: where are the pirates? (/showthread.php?tid=4621)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

where are the pirates? - sushi - 11-22-2007

The Los Angeles-LD14 run is one that gets used a lot, but I almost never see pirates on it. Just camp a trade lane or the Leeds jumphole. Come & get 'em!

where are the pirates? - Equinox - 11-22-2007

Maybe if the Cambridge > theta run didn't get nerfed for no reason you would have a place to go and get pirated like old times.

My trader used to do that run all the time because the RP between Trader and Taxer, and my Brotherhood char's used to pirate that run all the time, don't understand why it got removed at all to be honest, its not like it was like t31, that run had loads of RP with it.

Now Corsairs don't have a run in there ZoI to pirate and if we moved out of that we would be ooRP.

where are the pirates? - custo'-benitez - 11-22-2007

I really dont pirate anymore. The last time I tried to pirate during a raid on Cambridge I ended up chasing a large train over 1000K for a mere 1mil before he flew too close to a sun for me to follow. He was doing the Cambridge -> Corfu run, so it would hardly have put a dent it total profits... The result, I see no point in taxing, and I was humilliated. There are not enough RP traders. For the most part I stay around Crete acting as defence forces, and forcing traders who visit to buy artifacts. People seem to think traders are just there to make money and thus imune to having to RP. They make money so they can RP in a BS or something, thats not right. You would rather pay a small tax then be blown across the stars or risking the run to a base or planet, no?

where are the pirates? - bluntpencil2001 - 11-22-2007

This really annoys me.

Traders should pay instead of dying. I know that if I was held at gunpoint in the street and asked for my wallet, I'd hand it over and give my watch too.

Here we get traders screaming 'My money is worth more than my life!' which is ridiculously poor roleplay.

Even accounting for insurance on the ship and escape pods (respawns!), they would still make more money, when you account for lost cargo, if they gave the pirate their 2 million credits! It makes no sense!

Now, I'm like Unselie. I'll pay pirates. But, I'll also pay bounty hunters and mercenaries to scare them the hell off and make them pirate somebody else next time. It's good for business.

where are the pirates? - globalplayer-svk - 11-22-2007

' Wrote:You have no Idea who you are dealing with.
pirates who bother my business do not live long.

i have no problem with pirating someone who put bounty on my head later.but is not good when i tax you as faction member and after taht are bounties on all of the faction not only personal for me. because thats why ssome of pirates will not pirating,they have fear from problems for all members.

' Wrote:i have no problem with pirating someone who put bounty on my head later.but is not good when i tax you as faction member and after taht are bounties on all of the faction not only personal for me. because thats why ssome of pirates will not pirating,they have fear from problems for all members.

Hah! They're Corsairs, don't be a wimp about it! You're letting her win! Corsairs, scared of Bounty Hunters!? Rob her silly!

Either that, or rob the folk that don't post bounties. There's lots of them.

Don't rob me though, I deliver food to Crete.:P

where are the pirates? - Drake - 11-22-2007

A helpful tip for potential pirates:

Get a gunboat or bomber. Sit in Sigma-13. Ask for 1mil each way (assuming the person is using a supertransport of some kind). No House military or police to worry about, and tons of traders. The other day when I was trading through there I didn't see a single ship that wasn't a trader (except one pirate, who wasn't pirating).

Also, be nice and don't ask people in freighters for a big huge amount. 250k each way, maybe. Same for smaller traders, maybe only ask for 500k. People who have a 4000+ cargo transport can easily afford 1mil each way, people with smaller trading ships can't.

Sigma-13? That's between Rheinland and Kusari, right?

QCP, forward!

where are the pirates? - globalplayer-svk - 11-22-2007

' Wrote:Hah! They're Corsairs, don't be a wimp about it! You're letting her win! Corsairs, scared of Bounty Hunters!? Rob her silly!

Either that, or rob the folk that don't post bounties. There's lots of them.

Don't rob me though, I deliver food to Crete.:P

i am not scared,some hours ago i tax 4 or 5 traders and i dont have fear from noone:)(maybe from admins:) ) but for me is not nice when i tax someone he hired couple of merc and someone in gamma undock and is killed minute ago of mercs that will bounty for corsairs.when i have fear,why i type make boutny personal:) for my head only when i tax you.

where are the pirates? - Caribe - 11-22-2007

' Wrote:This really annoys me.

Traders should pay instead of dying. I know that if I was held at gunpoint in the street and asked for my wallet, I'd hand it over and give my watch too.

Here we get traders screaming 'My money is worth more than my life!' which is ridiculously poor roleplay.

Even accounting for insurance on the ship and escape pods (respawns!), they would still make more money, when you account for lost cargo, if they gave the pirate their 2 million credits! It makes no sense!

Now, I'm like Unselie. I'll pay pirates. But, I'll also pay bounty hunters and mercenaries to scare them the hell off and make them pirate somebody else next time. It's good for business.

What if you had a sheild on you and a good engine to get you out of there? Would you still had the money over? Plus I enjoy NOT paying. Why? Because trading is super boring and the chase gives it entertainment.

The best 2 chases I have had were relaxing for me at least. The pirates will just get taunted heavily by me.

Chase 1: Texas to Sigma 13 (got lost in the jumpholes and the pirate gave up when I ended a few systems ahead of him)

Chase 2: Ask Zapp :crazy: