Discovery Gaming Community
Multiple Acts of Piracy - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Multiple Acts of Piracy (/showthread.php?tid=51126)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Multiple Acts of Piracy - alphadog - 05-09-2012

[Image: 3268251.jpg]

Multiple Acts of Piracy - Petitioner - 05-09-2012

I honestly didn't even notice the post dates. This thread was linked from... somewhere else.
:$

Multiple Acts of Piracy - dodike - 05-09-2012

Very impressive.

Multiple Acts of Piracy - Veygaar - 05-09-2012

Kaiwяen what you purposed wouldn't be sanctioned.

If your thinking did result in santions, than any pirate that lowers his original demand (due to being talked down inRP by the trader) would be in trouble.

This is not the case.

You are creating problems that don't exist.

' Wrote:Kaiwяen what you purposed wouldn't be sanctioned.

If your thinking did result in santions, than any pirate that lowers his original demand (due to being talked down inRP by the trader) would be in trouble.

This is not the case.
You are creating problems that don't exist.
Perhaps it was an extreme example, but it's just to show that perfectly valid RP suffers from this ruling more than the ability to be a dick to the actual player on the other end. People will always find ways to "exploit game mechanics," and this just damages the pirate/trader roleplay encounters that are already so stale and repetitive.

Multiple Acts of Piracy - Shush Muppet - 05-09-2012

' Wrote:Very impressive.

Multiple Acts of Piracy - Veygaar - 05-09-2012

' Wrote:Perhaps it was an extreme example, but it's just to show that perfectly valid RP suffers from this ruling more than the ability to be a dick to the actual player on the other end. People will always find ways to "exploit game mechanics," and this just damages the pirate/trader roleplay encounters that are already so stale and repetitive.
You're wrong, because your situation would never result in a sanction. So no, it doesn't damage roleplay at all, because pirates can do that.

' Wrote:You're wrong, because your situation would never result in a sanction. So no, it doesn't damage roleplay at all, because pirates can do that.
Like I said, it was an example. It is simply to show how this could result unfavorably for someone who had good intentions. That particular situation may not lead to sanctions (and, no offense, I don't trust your word on that, as you are not an admin, and I have seen far more ridiculous sanctions than that), but others like it might.

Multiple Acts of Piracy - Death.RunningVerminator - 05-09-2012

Nice. Subtle and simple necromancy. I like it.

Multiple Acts of Piracy - Veygaar - 05-10-2012

' Wrote:It is simply to show how this could result unfavorably for someone who had good intentions.
You're not getting it. The set of rules which we're discussing isn't going to result in a -successful- malicious sanction... ever. It's to easy to judge, and nothing to worry about. eg: you're stressing out/worried/worrying others over nothing.