Discovery Gaming Community
What's wrong with the Mollys? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: What's wrong with the Mollys? (/showthread.php?tid=52277)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

What's wrong with the Mollys? - DCKilla - 01-02-2011

Ok, I just tried to pirate another BMM miner again today in Dublin. He was basicly arguing that he had paid his tax already and was protected. Protected by who, he gave no reply. I didn't have time to sit around and argue the encounter. BAF was hanging around very close. So, I headed back to base. All I asked for was his cargo of gold ore, nothing more. Do you sense my frustration?

What's wrong with the Mollys? - dodike - 01-02-2011

Have some tea and biscuits with BAF folks and then protect Bretonian miners from Corsairs.

What's wrong with the Mollys? - Coin - 01-02-2011

If he paid a Garda, thats not a tax, thats a work permit. a work permit doesn't mean you will never get mugged. You dont ask the IRS to protect you from gangsters.

Dublin is a goldmine (pun intended) of juicy RP. the rules are upside down: the lawfuls tread carefully, the house corporations sneak in and out, and pirates OWN THE SYSTEM. The areas leased to IMG and BMM are leased; this doesn't confer ownership. the rental on these areas is paid individually by each miner to a molly ID'd and IFF'd player. Work Visas have a processing fee, and that is paid to the GARDA. If that captain is still around when another molly comes to ask you for some tax, excellent, he will back you up on this. if he's not, tough. However, the Garda do keep records of who has paid, and how much, and this information is available to everyone in the Garda Skype Channel, so there's no point trying to dodge that one: if you've not paid, we can see it.

Independent Mollies are not a collective - they may or may not work towards the political goal of <strike>being able to shoot anyone they want in dublin</strike> a free dublin. However, they are playing as a Molly player, and as such they have to obey canon, (and Cannon too:)). If a BMM miner scoots out to the essex - snipe him from a distance. Thats why the Werewolf has a cd and a torp slot. MiniRazors from 3k away. drop his shields and make him dock.

however, all the time he's at the essex, he's not mining, and he's probably screaming for backup. if he runs to the essex, move off towards arranmore, double back and then have another try...

What's wrong with the Mollys? - Ceoran - 01-03-2011

' Wrote:If a BMM miner scoots out to the essex - snipe him from a distance. Thats why the Werewolf has a cd and a torp slot. MiniRazors from 3k away. drop his shields and make him dock.

Or take a Barghest. Hegemons are no battleships, so Novas usually work and grant you even another k in range, if you have the money to pay for the ammunition that is.