Discovery Gaming Community
Fighter Torpedoes - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Discovery Mod Balance (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: Fighter Torpedoes (/showthread.php?tid=52683)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Fighter Torpedoes - MarvinCZ - 02-13-2011

' Wrote:Anyway,
SeaFalcon has a point here, nukes and rippers I believe can take out all LF's and maybe HF with one hit and they can mount it so.. that shouldn't be reason not to buff.
Actually, Rippers are the mine variant that doesn't kill the launching person outright... like the Starkiller among torpedoes, y'know. The Ripper is even weaker than the Starkiller.

Because the lighter ships deserve a choice that gives them a chance.

Fighter Torpedoes - J.Miller - 02-13-2011

I agree with Seafalcon. Nukes are deadly to pretty much all LFs and even some HFs.
Something has to be done.

Fighter Torpedoes - MarvinCZ - 02-13-2011

' Wrote:I agree with Seafalcon. Nukes are deadly to pretty much all LFs and even some HFs.
Something has to be done.
Something was done: They were given the chance to use Rippers that don't kill them.

Fighter Torpedoes - Irra - 02-13-2011

If wiki is correct, than

Rippers, 10k hull damage, 5k shield damage
Starkiller, 11,2k hdmg and 5,6k sdmg

Hull points lowest to highest fighter
1100>17500 x2.5 = 2.750>43750

With basic math, you get that (everyone uses AU8 -x2.5) instakill with:
Rippers are if you have 4000 base armor or less..
Starkillers are if you have 4480 base armor or less..

Quote:These weapons can instakill only 1100 < 3800 hull point LFs, MK1 LFs and few others
Starflier
Patriot
Defender
Dagger
Piranha
Startracker
Bloodhound
Civilian Shuttle
Cavalier
Legionnaire
Basalt
Drake
Starblazer
Hawk
Gitano

And few MKI HFs , 1600>3600 hull points

Defender
Crusader
Barracuda
Dragon
Wolfhound

When taking some stuff into account as lag, CMDs, agility and turning speed of these classes and ships you can see that there is little to no chance for LF to get hit by this things unless LF is going head on (death sentence what ever weapons you use).
There is more chance you will hit them with Razor and insta kill them than with this "faster" torpedo.

There are only two LFs that can mount Torpedo so I wouldn't have to worries about that (Loki and Labraid- Labraid can survive even nuke I think). About Rippers, they aren't used that much and have speed advantage compared to Nukes so I am fine with mines here.

I don't see nothing in there that would stop us from buffing torpedoes for more damage and even more speed/turn/stuff when I think about it.

Edit: If that server stats are working, haven't checked I could pull out number of all ships on server that can get instakilled with Starkiller.. I think it would be very very low..
Edit: Stats are working, but I am now too lazy to count all ships and compare number to other fighters that are here..

Fighter Torpedoes - Shardphoenix - 02-21-2011

' Wrote:a) can't up Sunslayer damage much more else it will instakill all HFs and even some VHFs, now it instakills only LFs
But you should try really hard to hit something with sunslayer. And you have limited ammo.

Fighter Torpedoes - AeternusDoleo - 02-21-2011

I think you're missing a basic point. LFs aren't supposed to get hit repeatedly - they rely on maneuvering rather then armor to stay intact. A LF that gets hit by a slow fighter torpedo and dies - that's a case of pilot error. Seriously.

Fighter Torpedoes - J.Miller - 04-09-2011

Very true indeed. I want to see a light fighter get hit by a sunslayer, hehe. That pilot must have been asleep, while being drunk.

Fighter Torpedoes - Spinikar - 04-12-2011

Personally, I would like to see a Major increase in torpedo damage. when I think of torpedos, I think of weapons that rip open a battleships hull, but discos Torpedos just dont seem to have that effect.

Everything about them, there speed, deploy time etc is fine, but they need a bit more of a punch. It should therectically only take a few torps in the side of a battleship to drop it or at least make it limp home.

Fighter Torpedoes - Veygaar - 04-12-2011

' Wrote:I'm allergic to limited ammo.
yeah me to mate.

IMHO- Keep it how it is, but work on some of the lag issues, if possible, if not... meh

Fighter Torpedoes - Prysin - 04-12-2011

' Wrote:If wiki is correct, than

Rippers, 10k hull damage, 5k shield damage
Starkiller, 11,2k hdmg and 5,6k sdmg

Hull points lowest to highest fighter
1100>17500 x2.5 = 2.750>43750

With basic math, you get that (everyone uses AU8 -x2.5) instakill with:
Rippers are if you have 4000 base armor or less..
Starkillers are if you have 4480 base armor or less..
When taking some stuff into account as lag, CMDs, agility and turning speed of these classes and ships you can see that there is little to no chance for LF to get hit by this things unless LF is going head on (death sentence what ever weapons you use).
There is more chance you will hit them with Razor and insta kill them than with this "faster" torpedo.

There are only two LFs that can mount Torpedo so I wouldn't have to worries about that (Loki and Labraid- Labraid can survive even nuke I think). About Rippers, they aren't used that much and have speed advantage compared to Nukes so I am fine with mines here.

I don't see nothing in there that would stop us from buffing torpedoes for more damage and even more speed/turn/stuff when I think about it.

Edit: If that server stats are working, haven't checked I could pull out number of all ships on server that can get instakilled with Starkiller.. I think it would be very very low..
Edit: Stats are working, but I am now too lazy to count all ships and compare number to other fighters that are here..

Wrong, only two LF's who can mount RAZOR.
Loki
Labraid

Depending on energy:
Civillian shuttle - sunslayer
Gintano - Starkiller
Basalt - Starkiller (correct me on this one)

Im not sure if the phoom LF can use torps or not