Discovery Gaming Community
Public noticement - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Public noticement (/showthread.php?tid=53841)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Public noticement - Captain - 01-27-2011

*looks around*

(waits till the dust have been settled again)

Aanyways,

the reason I posted this thread, is to get the nasty rumors out.
and yes the zoner conspiracy shall be denied by the mollys.

Public noticement - Ayem - 01-27-2011

' Wrote:Well, Gaians don't need caps, at least I don't see a reason to have them and justification for them. That's it. Another point is that NLH have only one kind of Corsair "friends" - Shaulanca, and they have a reason to work together, different from just increased numbers. So in general, I really want people to stop reading the oldschool infocard and treat Gaians according to practice.

What will be the best to see is the official Molly faction that controls the indies and maintains public diplomacy that way letting other faction to act accordingly; because currently while one group of Mollies (thanks) attacks you, another may give you a hand and the last one will just ignore you. On practice, I'm just sick of Molly gunboats/cruisers jumping on NLH or allies from time to time together with BAF, BHG or other lawful forces.

In my experience, Corsairs -other- than the Shaulanca have joined up with Gaians to jump me and other Mollies, though these experiences were before Christmas some time, so it may not be representative of your current policies.

If you have concerns about particular Mollies please prod me with a PM and I'll see if I can have a chat with them. Mollies don't follow a military structure, they're more like.. terrorist cells. Each cell is pretty much independent, follows its own rules of engagement, likes different people- but they all have one agenda. Making Dublin theirs, beyond all doubt- whether they're blowing up BAF or policing Dublin. (The whole policing Dublin was based on proving to people that Mollies could look after Dublin, without Bret interference. Then the Bret fleets moved in. Bweh.)

Unless it's Hone of course. No one tells Hone what to do, he's a force of nature. All I can say is, if you're fighting a Scylla, chill out behind it and abuse TCDs. They're really not that hard to kill.

Public noticement - lousal - 01-27-2011

' Wrote:This is a game. This is not business.

I reserve the right to make jokes and have fun while I am here.

This is a game? Why did not anybody tell me that fact?

Public noticement - Hone - 01-27-2011

' Wrote:What will be the best to see is the official Molly faction that controls the indies and maintains public diplomacy that way letting other faction to act accordingly; because currently while one group of Mollies (thanks) attacks you, another may give you a hand and the last one will just ignore you.

' Wrote:Mollies don't follow a military structure, they're more like.. terrorist cells. Each cell is pretty much independent, follows its own rules of engagement, likes different people

That's what Mike meant by zoner conspiracy.

Good to know Mike.

Sad, I'm not sure what you're actually complaining about, if it's that Mollys have caps, we're rich GOOOOLLLLD!
If its that we attack Gaians, Mollys are hostile to Gaians, Gaians attack Mollys, Gaians attack miners which are a big part of the source of Molly income, and Gaians have allied with sairs - Mollys arch enemies. (Prehaps you've only allied with a specific group of them, but you can't expect most Mollys to differentiate between sairs - they jus wanna kill em and any sympathysers, or even know about the fact that the alliance may be specific.) Even with all this, I don't attack gaians on principle, only when its beneficial. Can't speak for other mollys though, see above.

Quote:Unless it's Hone of course. No one tells Hone what to do, he's a force of nature.

You're so sweet.

Public noticement - sadtranslation - 01-27-2011

Hone, you just suggested me to differentiate between different Mollies who do whatever they want while you simply don't care and shoot whatever you want. The rule of reason in its best, right?

You're sweet indeed.

Public noticement - DarthBindo - 01-27-2011

' Wrote:Another point is that NLH have only one kind of Corsair "friends" - Shaulanca, and they have a reason to work together, different from just increased numbers. So in general, I really want people to stop reading the oldschool infocard and treat Gaians according to practice.

AHEM.

I do believe you are wrong.

If i found a corsair ship refusing to aid a Gaian, i would blow him out of the sky.

With my brotherhood tagged claymore.

Public noticement - Eichann Rush - 01-27-2011

Ever since the Republic's breakup, the entire Molly player base is disorganized.
We've got seperatists, appeasers, smugglers and miners who just want to be left alone, we've got hardcore killem all and some moderates, and, worst of all, pirates who just use the Molly ID as a flag of convienience.
Theres no real leadership, which is fine, but that makes it harder to interact with centrally organized factions.
Kinda like mercs.
You know we might be bad guys, but we might also be bad guys too.
I actually thouroughly enjoy the whole "is there actually an armistice?" thing.
Gives me a good chance to use my solid silver tongue.
Once talked my way out of the sights of two Dunkirks and a full patrol of fighters after blowing two miners sky-high and assaulting a Privateer in a gunboat.
Good times. Kinda like the edge worlds.
You have to RP just to try and figure out if you should be shooting someone in the first place.

Public noticement - Hone - 01-27-2011

You said it, Rush

Public noticement - Ayem - 01-27-2011

Arranmore; a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

I agree with Eichann. And personally think that politically, the mollies are in one (or many) of the most interesting positions they've ever been since I started playing one.

Public noticement - Eichann Rush - 01-28-2011

' Wrote:Arranmore; a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

I agree with Eichann. And personally think that politically, the mollies are in one (or many) of the most interesting positions they've ever been since I started playing one.
You should've seen the clusterbomb that came out of the UoG treaty.
It holds many interesting lessons for the current situation.
Lessons i intend to use.