Discovery Gaming Community
Liberty Rogue Faction Information Feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Faction Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+----- Forum: Faction Review and Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=135)
+------ Forum: Archived Feedback Threads (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=484)
+------ Thread: Liberty Rogue Faction Information Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=54675)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Liberty Rogue Faction Information Feedback - Slartibartfast - 02-10-2011

' Wrote:Borderworld tech... in Liberty. A bit of a paradox, don't you think?

Verily. Especially when there is (I believe) grand total of of 1 (one) base belonging to factions that are supposed to use Sabre en masse in - You guessed it! - Border Worlds.

That single base being Cali, which is, according to its infocard, supposed to mainly represent a refuelling station for Outcasts travelling "south". (edit: okay, so it might've grown up a bit, but you get the gist of it)

So Borderworlds tech being named "Borderwolds" might be a bit of a paradox :lol:

Liberty Rogue Faction Information Feedback - dodike - 02-10-2011

' Wrote:Verily. Especially when there is (I believe) grand total of of 1 (one) base belonging to factions that are supposed to use Sabre en masse in - You guessed it! - Border Worlds.

That single base being Cali, which is, according to its infocard, supposed to mainly represent a refuelling station for Outcasts travelling "south". (edit: okay, so it might've grown up a bit, but you get the gist of it)

So Borderworlds tech being named "Borderwolds" might be a bit of a paradox :lol:
Sabre are used by factions all around Sirius. I don't get what you are trying to say.

Liberty Rogue Faction Information Feedback - Slartibartfast - 02-10-2011

' Wrote:Sabre are used by factions all around Sirius. I don't get what you are trying to say.

I was trying to say exactly what you said in the first sentence. Also, that Jameson's point about Sabres being used in Liberty whilst being Border World tech is... Goofy at the least.

Liberty Rogue Faction Information Feedback - tansytansey - 02-11-2011

Schlurbi, you lost your opinion when you stepped down and left me with this. So unless you feel like playing a Rogue again, go away. I don't need your back seat driving.

Right now I don't respect the IND as a faction, you say they've been good to us in the past but I have never seen this. I have only witnessed arrogance and total disregard, and overwhelming amounts of pretentousness. I don't want to parlay with a faction like that, and I want to be wrong in my opinion of them, but they have never shown me otherwise. I've been told reasonable things by IND members, but I have never once witnessed it in their actions.

I've made my feelings known to the IND representivite that contacted me, it's on them now.

Liberty Rogue Faction Information Feedback - Dennis Jameson - 02-11-2011

' Wrote:I was trying to say exactly what you said in the first sentence. Also, that Jameson's point about Sabres being used in Liberty whilst being Border World tech is... Goofy at the least.

The Borderworld tech is a bit of a paradox in itself, yes... mostly because it was used as a poor replacement ship for factions who should have had a production line of their own, had Freelancer not been rushed out the door.

Besides, if you read the infocard of the Sabre, it pretty much states that it was made for the Omicrons, and that ruins your argument a tad.

So anyway: We can all agree that the Sabre needs to be fixed.... making it an Outcast only ship would suffice since all other factions who needed replacement ships now has a line of their own. :)

Liberty Rogue Faction Information Feedback - dodike - 02-11-2011

' Wrote:So anyway: We can all agree that the Sabre needs to be fixed.... making it an Outcast only ship would suffice since all other factions who needed replacement ships now has a line of their own. :)
Good luck with that :cool:

So far I don't see a reason why LR could fly them, or any other non-Omicron faction, especially Lane Hackers, Bundschuh and Hessians

Liberty Rogue Faction Information Feedback - tansytansey - 02-12-2011

' Wrote:Good luck with that :cool:

So far I don't see a reason why LR could fly them, or any other non-Omicron faction, especially Lane Hackers, Bundschuh and Hessians
In Vanilla, LR sold the Dagger, Bundies sold the Stiletto, Outcasts and Hessians sold the Sabre, and Lane Hackers sold the Dromedary. So only one out of three "omicron" ships is actually sold by an Omicron Faction.

All those factions have just as much right to fly a Borderworld ship as the Outcasts do. Your opinion of it being an Omicron Faction only ship is false, since all historical evidence points them to being flown by predominately non-omicron factions.

Edit: For more technical stuff, Omicrons are technically Edge Worlds, while Taus, Omegas and Sigmas are Border Worlds. So maybe only the Hessians and Bundies should be flying those ships?:)

Liberty Rogue Faction Information Feedback - Blighter - 02-12-2011

Random question, not so much real feedback 'cuz I'm not around Liberty that often nowadays.
Where are you ladies and gentlemen? I kinda ain't seen much LR- ingame in a while, just wondering if you had an activity drop or something.
Maybe it's just my timezone, just been wondering.

Liberty Rogue Faction Information Feedback - 'Ends' - 02-12-2011

Quote:Rogue
The main body of the Liberty Rogues, essentially the cannon fodder and nobodies who have yet to make a real name or fortune for themselves. They're now worthy enough to waste armour on, but just barely.

Ships Permitted:
Bloodhound, Hyena
Greyhound
Wolfhound, Werewolf
Barghest
Mule, Bactrian
Pirate Transport, Pirate Train

Veteran
Rogues who have distunguished themselves above the rest and been recognised for their service to the Liberty Rogues. Rogues are promoted to Veteran status on a case by case basis. Veteran Status cannot be lost except by dismissal; former Underbosses automatically gain Veteran Status.

Ships Permitted:
Only one Sabre or Falcata

This doesn't make sense.Does this mean that a person who gets promoted to 'Veteran' can't use other ships?Maybe you need to change the 'Ships Permitted' under the 'Veteran' category to 'Additional ships permitted'.:)
Or unless you mean that a Veteran cannot use other LR ships...cuz that might mean the promotion is a bad thing.

Liberty Rogue Faction Information Feedback - dodike - 02-12-2011

' Wrote:So far I don't see a reason why LR could fly them, or any other non-Omicron faction, especially Lane Hackers, Bundschuh and Hessians
*couldn't

typo that changed the entire meaning, funny

' Wrote:In Vanilla, LR sold the Dagger, Bundies sold the Stiletto, Outcasts and Hessians sold the Sabre, and Lane Hackers sold the Dromedary. So only one out of three "omicron" ships is actually sold by an Omicron Faction.

All those factions have just as much right to fly a Borderworld ship as the Outcasts do. Your opinion of it being an Omicron Faction only ship is false, since all historical evidence points them to being flown by predominately non-omicron factions.

Edit: For more technical stuff, Omicrons are technically Edge Worlds, while Taus, Omegas and Sigmas are Border Worlds. So maybe only the Hessians and Bundies should be flying those ships?:)
I fully agree with what you have written here. Of course Borderworld ships can be used outside the Border Worlds.