Discovery Gaming Community
Order Bomber "Sekhmet" - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Order Bomber "Sekhmet" (/showthread.php?tid=5476)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Order Bomber "Sekhmet" - Xing - 01-16-2008

ah now this yellowish dusts make it look much more Order. Unselie is right about the very sharp texture change, but it looks much better.

Order Bomber "Sekhmet" - I_m_rdy - 01-16-2008

Yeah... No one seems to vote in the poll anymore and I decided to choose the type of model. I overworked all textures, changed one's colours and made every texture a bit darker and gave them a bit more contrast. I like the result, do you? Look at the pics:
[Image: sekhmet_x5.jpg]
[Image: sekhmet_x1.jpg]
[Image: sekhmet_x2.jpg]
[Image: sekhmet_x3.jpg]
[Image: sekhmet_x4.jpg]

Comments? Feedback? Flames for the too big pictures? Feel free to post anything you wish to say about the ship.:)

Order Bomber "Sekhmet" - Stoat - 01-16-2008

The side view reminds me of a bull seal! But I love it. Great work

Order Bomber "Sekhmet" - RingoW - 01-16-2008

Now the cockpit is to short and to thin, while the tubes and the center behind the cockpit are to fat. Horrible proportions. Who has made these suggestions? (If it was me, i must been in another personality) It looks like a pregnant Anubis now.

Please keep the center small as the vanilla Anubis has and make the tubes thinner, while the cockpit wider and a bit longer again. I can also count 14! mount points, with tubes 16.

Respectful
AoM

PS: Wonder why all think this desert camouflage look of the texture, is Order? Neither Osiris, nor Anubis, nor Nephtys, nor Talon, nor Vipers have this. Can someone enlight my way?

The center was always that way... No one complained so far, not even you. Well, until now. I'll let that stay, since bombers are supposed to be bulky, aren't they? My Civilian Bomber got already the nickname "fat/pregnant" Eagle.

As for the mounts... I think about following setup:

1 Shield
1 Thruster
1 Mine
1 CM
4 Guns
(1 Turret)

There are many unused mounts on the Anubis/Nephtys. On HardCMP it has 3 Thruster (!) hardpoints, and a seventh gun mount. These are still unused on the Sekhmet except for taking out two guns and maybe also the turret.

I made the cockpit a bit longer again, so you will again complain the front man has too much space for his legs.:P

Order Bomber "Sekhmet" - RingoW - 01-16-2008

All of my bomber aren't fat. Mohr's bomber aren't fat. Legeo's Havoc and Falcata aren't fat. Rheinland bomber isn't fat either The only fat/bulky bombers i know are the Waran and your Civ bomber. Even the Taiidan bomber, while bulky, doesn't look fat.

Well, its your model and i don't have an Order char.

The complaint of the leg space was, because of your placed pilot model. No one has thought that it could be the copilot.

Respectful
AoM

I could swear I told it was a two-seater... Nevermind. I'm scaling the vertices at the center a bit more together so the bomber doesn't look fat.

Order Bomber "Sekhmet" - Dopamino - 01-16-2008

The skinning looks good except for the inside of the torp tubes. WAY too bright.

Rdy again. News. Bomber design refitted. Looks lighter now. Pictures here:
[Image: sekhmet_z5.jpg]
[Image: sekhmet_z4.jpg]
[Image: sekhmet_z3.jpg]
[Image: sekhmet_z2.jpg]
[Image: sekhmet_z1.jpg]

Looks much better than ever.

Order Bomber "Sekhmet" - Dopamino - 01-16-2008

It looks anorexic to me...